Removal of vans from Bangkok’s streets to proceed, despite strike threat

webfact

53 minutes ago, fullcave said:

So you are seriously suggesting there is no need for safety belts? Really?

No, here did I say that? I said that I don't believe the kids would be using them even if they were installed. I always use the safety belt.

• Like 1

Thais really are so stupid they don't even think there's any danger. The brother of a friend of mine was killed when he fell off the back of one of these and hit his head on the road. My wife was in one as a kid and it overturned and some of the kids were killed and one lost his legs. Brain-dead people.

12 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Your comment has no point. 

Of course the vans appeared to be less than 10 years of age because most them are.  Less than 20% are older than 10 years. 

The vans are finished after 10 years. It's called metal fatigue, obsolescence and end of  mechanical life. It is unrealistic to expected these low quality  vehicles to last more than 10 years. They start having issues after only a few years of heavy use. These are not the trams of Hong Kong which have been lovingly maintained by dedicated craftsman. 

Every vehicle has issues. My point was the drivers have more issues than the vehicles. Sorry you missed what I would think to be the more important point.???? Trams of Hong Kong:cheesy:

Edited by dinsdale

20180926_110526.thumb.jpg.933636619ae4e57a59177c6365f4d590.jpgIt's not the vehicle that causes the accident. It's;

The maintenance; or lack of.

The standard of driving; or lack of

The manager who oversees the driver, maintenance etc etc

The driver and if he's conscious, drunk, high or ......

Changing the vehicle will do nothing to help.

These vans are moving coffins.....good move to try taking them off the streets considering the total lack of vehicle maintenance.....but strong doubts that the order will be enforced as obviously the mini van mafia will "negociate" it's way through (good forecast for the sale of brown enveloppes to be comming)