Civil action to be taken against shot Phuket driver’s family

webfact

Civil action to be taken against shot Phuket driver’s family

By Chutharat Plerin

1537780155_1-org.jpg

CCTV footage shows Chitnupong mowing down three motorcyclists waiting at red traffic lights. Photo: Screengrab

PHUKET: Three motorcyclist injured by a man fleeing police in Phuket Town in a pickup truck last week are to take civil action against the man’s family.

The man, Chitnupong Kherjan from Karon, was shot dead in his pickup truck near the Tonhorm Restaurant on Srisoonthon Rd in Cherng Talay at around 1:30am last Tuesday (Sept 18).

Police reported that firearms and ammunition were found in Chitnupong’s car, and that they opened fire only after he raised his gun at them.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/civil-action-to-be-taken-against-shot-phuket-driver-family-68741.php#i8sjAZPO7iCYZZ3m.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-09-25

26 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Nope, hence my post. Look at the last sentence. Maybe the missing question mark? But I don't know why I waste my time to answer such post.

So you don't know the law but still claim he has to be a minor in order to succeed.

Why post in the first place, no question mark.

I'm out, no point in this.

I watched that footage a number of times on tv last night. I don't know how any of the motorcyclists survived this lunatic mowing them down at very high speed!

He only stopped because damage to his vehicle from the bikes prevented it going any further.

IMO shooting was too good for this murderous individual, and his old man should be charged for attempting to incite a riot.

Edited by Old Croc

3 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Was he a minor? That would be the only reason a civil action could have any chance to succeed. Or is this TIT case, once more.

I think the answer to your puzzlement is in the quoted Phuket News article. The family tried to stir things up.

The move comes after relatives angered by the shooting paraded his coffin on Saturday (Sept 22) in protest of the killing.

3 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I think the answer to your puzzlement is in the quoted Phuket News article. The family tried to stir things up.

The move comes after relatives angered by the shooting paraded his coffin on Saturday (Sept 22) in protest of the killing.

Thanks. I discussed it with my missus, and we came to conclude that any civil action would involve establishing which of the family assets belonged to the deceased. Compensation of the victims could then be drawn from his assets. As Thais understand Thais she pointed out that the family would spare no efforts in minimising his share.