Two buffaloes hit, injured by car on Bangkok roadside

webfact

Two buffaloes hit, injured by car on Bangkok roadside

By The Nation

ab1cb24ad02d7bae01c3f6c3d84d035d.jpeg

Two water buffaloes from an abandoned herd were hit and severely injured by a car on a road in Bangkok’s Prawet district late on Monday night.

7d24cea812eb75100d872eee128c4786.jpeg

4ae46c76087b33fdb01b12e422a15b16.jpeg

The Prawet police station was alerted of the accident at 10.25pm on the new Srinakharin Romklao road near Raja Kosa Temple. They found a male albino buffalo with a broken front right leg and another with both front legs broken.

0a93737d26bb3a1c6c6e67508843efef.jpeg

The driver, who asked not to be named, was slightly injured.

He claimed three buffaloes had suddenly crossed the road in front of his car and he was unable to stop in time.

Local residents told police that the owner of the buffalo herd had died years ago, leaving the animals to live in the area on their own.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355167

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-25

animals wondering onto the road are the responsibility of the owners and those hitting them can sue them for damages, well at least in Australia. I hit a chicken over here once as it ran across the road and the owner was pretty upset with me but my wife told him it didnt cause any damage to our car so we would not seek compensation, shut him up on the spot

Just now, seajae said:

animals wondering onto the road are the responsibility of the owners and those hitting them can sue them for damages, well at least in Australia. I hit a chicken over here once as it ran across the road and the owner was pretty upset with me but my wife told him it didnt cause any damage to our car so we would not seek compensation, shut him up on the spot

But the difference is this is Thailand, not Australia and that means the animals have more road sense than the vehicle drivers here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Local residents told police that the owner of the buffalo herd had died years ago, leaving the animals to live in the area on their own.

Yes and then you just let them roam the streets untill an accident happens...sooo thai..

1 hour ago, webfact said:

They could cut them up into small dogs.....or hot dogs....then a kind buddhist would surely take them in and look after them well.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

And the car driver was not alert enough to have noticed the buffalos at 200 metres or so away and slowed down as a precaution ? Na the third buffalo was driving the car !!

And you are a sharp eye being able at 10:25 PM seeing a gray/dark buffalo walking onto the road in time when traveling 90 km/h?

Congrats.

And where do you have the 200 m from?

Pure speculation.

I once traveled with the motorbike outside the village.

A buffalo stepped out of some shrubbery maybe 10 m ahead when I noticed.

And that was in daylight.

I once had the displeasure to see much more ugly pictures traveling on highway 1 when a couple cars were involved in a crash with buffaloes.

Split open carcass. Cars smeared in brown and red.

Edited by KhunBENQ

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And you are a sharp eye being able at 10:25 PM seeing a gray/dark buffalo walking onto the road in time when traveling 90 km/h?

Congrats.

Pure speculation.

I once had the displeasure to see much more ugly pictures traveling on highway 1 when a couple cars were involved in a crash with buffaloes.

Well its good that there are still people on here making excuses for poor Thai driving.  And by the way with your poor eyesight you should be careful out on the road yourself because if you look at the picture where the accident occurred you will see it is a well lit highway. !!! So I would certainly be sharp enough with that level of illumination to see 500 meters in front,  let alone 200 .  But no doubt the furry dice and/or the Buddha amulets and/or other rubbish dangling from his rear view mirror and/or looking at his phone and/or messaging , and/or drunk, all traits of poor Thai drivers is wasted on you. Let's blame the buffalos. As I said the 3rd one was driving.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, seajae said:

Try that with kangaroos, I hit 3 at different times - never got a cent.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Congrats.

Pure speculation.

I nearly collided with an elephant in Bangkok. I had just turned right when it ran from my right to the other side of the road. To get bananas It was touting for I suppose. And the road was reasonably lit.????

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

I nearly collided with an elephant in Bangkok. I had just turned right when it ran from my right to the other side of the road. To get bananas It was touting for I suppose. And the road was reasonably lit.????

Was it a trunk road you were driving on ? ????

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Asian elephant I suppose, I would not give it another thought as they are nowhere near as big as an African Jumbo

6 hours ago, seajae said:

Local residents told police that the owner of the buffalo herd had died years ago

13 hours ago, Chassa said:

Try that with kangaroos, I hit 3 at different times - never got a cent.

Same with the Soi Dogs here, they cause no end of accidents through people swerving or suddenly braking and nobody is responsible, there appears to be a theme here - No-One is responsible!!!

19 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Well its good that there are still people on here making excuses for poor Thai driving.  And by the way with your poor eyesight you should be careful out on the road yourself because if you look at the picture where the accident occurred you will see it is a well lit highway. !!! So I would certainly be sharp enough with that level of illumination to see 500 meters in front,  let alone 200 .  But no doubt the furry dice and/or the Buddha amulets and/or other rubbish dangling from his rear view mirror and/or looking at his phone and/or messaging , and/or drunk, all traits of poor Thai drivers is wasted on you. Let's blame the buffalos. As I said the 3rd one was driving.

But in the end you are just making things up without a clue, were you there if not then you know nothing. Stop bashing thais.

• Like 1