Xray check at Samui airport for international flights, electronic cigarettes ?

jrjrjr

hello,

do cops on Samui really care electronic cigarettes when on the streets / beaches ?

And what about airport, do they xray bags often ? can they find the ecigs ?

Friends are coming and they all quit the real cigs, so they now use ecigs, a big risk on Samui ?

Thank you.

17 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Just warn your friends that all e-cigarettes and associated materials are illegal in Thailand.

There is always a risk for criminal activity.

In case it was so hard to understand they OF COURSE know it already. The question is about Samui airport.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:14 PM, jrjrjr said:

so they now use ecigs, a big risk on Samui

I think your friends should understand there is nothing that makes the Thai police more happy than finding a Farang who is in the wrong.

when on the streets / beaches ?

yes.

do they xray bags often ? can they find the ecigs ?

yes.

11 hours ago, jrjrjr said:

In case it was so hard to understand they OF COURSE know it already. The question is about Samui airport.

In case you didn't check, Tropicalevo is a Samui resident...????

So am I, and I occasionally see some foreigners – tourists I presume – with e-cigarettes; however I would be little careful, or discreet, as you never know when some important police from Bangkok visits the island, or the military make a check for the foreign visitors own security (especially around Full Moon)...:unsure:

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

The don't really care about the e-cigarettes, they also don't care much if you break the law.

They do care, however, about how much money they can make off you when you do the above and they catch you.

in the words of Meat Loaf........????????

You took the words right outta my mouth!...

15 hours ago, jrjrjr said:

According to this article importation is what a visitor will be prosecuted for:

Swiss Vaper Arrested in Thailand for “Importation” of E-Cigs - Vaping360

And one of the best places to find e-cigs being imported by visitors is?

It's illegal....however Air Asia signs at check in shows a pic saying not allowed on plane ....Thaismile has a sign saying not allowed in checked baggage connected up. I know someone who separates the liquid element and puts it into their bag of creams / aftershave etc and leaves battery in another area of hand baggage...not stopped so far. However always a risk.

Don't worry about the airport. I always carry my e-cig in my hand luggage or even in my pocket at Bangkok airport. Never any issues. In the unlikely event that they find it just play stupid tourist. Don't vape front of the cops, be discreet and your mates will be fine.

If you’re taking about X-rays at security upon arrivals, my guess Koh Samui they’ll only open your bags if they see either wine, liquors or cigarette. If you have vape and liquids, keep them separate and scattered throughout your bag or bags. And of course don’t actually vape in the airport. And for added security, arrive late at night. After 5 or 6 they have a skeleton staff and usually can’t be bothered to do anything other than the most necessary tasks. I fly in and out of samui weekly.

16 hours ago, jrjrjr said:

And what about airport, do they xray bags often ? can they find the ecigs ?

I got a stern warning from this forum on whether or not to tip a hooker at Devil's Den. You're asking for information on illegal activity which is against forum rules.

I personally don't give a fig about e-cigs but bottom line they are illegal in Thailand.

5 hours ago, quandow said:

I got a stern warning from this forum on whether or not to tip a hooker at Devil's Den. You're asking for information on illegal activity which is against forum rules.

I personally don't give a fig about e-cigs but bottom line they are illegal in Thailand.

Thank you ! we need more ridiculous cops in this world <3

Archived