Trump court pick tearfully denies woman's sexual assault allegation

webfact

13 hours ago, riclag said:

Put any name on it you like!Strange job interview  ! Being condemned for farting and silly yearbook references. 

This is not about farting. There's a far in every elevator. We all do it (except me).

It's about the revelation that goodie-two-shoes is not quite as good as he appeared and that his school boy antics of drunkenness and sexual deviancy need to be explored in full before he receives an appointment to the highest court in America .... for life.

• Like 1

Just now, neeray said:

This is not about farting. There's a far in every elevator. We all do it (except me).

It's about the revelation that goodie-two-shoes is not quite as good as he appeared and that his school boy antics of drunkenness and sexual deviancy need to be explored in full before he receives an appointment to the highest court in America .... for life.

I would suggest that every person has a history of something embarrassing that might disqualify them from high office. I certainly do, but as I'm not hoping to be on SCOTUS or similar it hasn't come out.

The only people that haven't got some skeletons in the proverbial closet probably haven't done enough in their life to have enough life knowledge to be suitable candidates anyway.

23 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Are you saying there are people for whom sexual assault does fit their viewpoint?

Well Trump has made no secret of the fact that he has no problem committing sexual assault (The Hollywood Tape).

She went to a wild party. She chose to go there. She had motivations to be there.  She chose that group of people and the kudos and status of mixing and moving in such circles. She went for am adventure and got one! She was not raped. She was not beaten. She was not hurt. She was not bruised. She had a life lesson...We all do..To claim trauma 30 years later is bullshit. She is just the mirror of him. Spoilt,  elitist,  entitled, hi so , irresponsible but failed in the power politics of America. I hope he gets in and trashes the Dems for the next 50 years. Sick To death of fascist liberals. Don't like him but like her even less.

Edited by The manic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, neeray said:

School boy..exactly. And she was a school girl...Both immature and growing up. As the famous feminist Germaine Greer pointed out. This might be  bad clumsy sex but not rape. If..If it really happened. In the UK 70% of rape trials have collapsed due to the analysis of social media communications indicating many women are lieing or just deluded.  Men's lives are destroyed.  Women walk away unscathed.

Edited by The manic

6 minutes ago, The manic said:

School boy..exactly. And she was a school girl...

Those were is formative years, years that formed his character as an adult cum judge of others.

That is Dr Fords concern.

She probably went to that party quite naïve. He went as a sexual predator. Big difference.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, riclag said:

Agree !!!!!! How many job interviews result in people accusing you of being a serial rapist,baby killer,while threatening to harm your family.Sick! Many of these  on the far left  have a psychological disorder stemmed from childhood abuse

He has not been accused of being either a baby killer or a serial rapist, but he has been accused of attempted rape. Not bad for a Supreme Court Judge applicant. Some of Kavanaugh's erstwhile defenders, though clearly lacking in education seem however to be experts in psychological disorders at the wave of a wand. Such is the magic of the internet.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The manic said:

She went to a wild party. She chose to go there. She had motivations to be there.  She chose that group of people and the kudos and status of mixing and moving in such circles. She went for am adventure and got one! She was not raped. She was not beaten. She was not hurt. She was not bruised. She had a life lesson...We all do..To claim trauma 30 years later is bullshit. She is just the mirror of him. Spoilt,  elitist,  entitled, hi so , irresponsible but failed in the power politics of America. I hope he gets in and trashes the Dems for the next 50 years. Sick To death of fascist liberals. Don't like him but like her even less.

Ah, but you see, it's not about her.  It's about Kavanaugh.   And now he is getting a life lesson, 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Plus, I just looked this up, and kav is on record stating the government has "satisfactorily explained" how polygraphs serve a useful purpose for job interviews.

I suppose his own words do not apply when it is his butt on the line? Whatever the case, if they simply asked him to take one, it would take some serious backpeddling away from his previous statements to get out of it. Even the fact that he is not willing to take one can speak to people. 

Kavanaugh is a highly seasoned backpeddler. He would just start deflecting by talking about his weight lifting, Ivy League schooling and being a virgin through high school. If that didn't work, he would ask the FBI agent if he has ever been polygraphed.

11 hours ago, brucec64 said:

Really? How many job interviews have you gone to where HR has the authority to subpoena witnesses and order FBI investigations?

Hogwash that its just a job interview.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The mere facts that there are subpeona powers and FBI investigations involved does not, by itself, not make it essentially a job interview.  Kavanaugh's interviews are for a lifetime job on the highest court of the land and done by the federal govt.  What do you expect?  How about a job interview for the FBI, the CIA and any law enforcement agency?  

Job interviews in the private sector may include calls to previous employers, etc. and may even require a criminal background check (e.g., perhaps a teaching job with younger students).  I bet if some of those employers had subpoena powers, they would sometimes use them.  Why not?  It depends on the sensitivity and importance of the position being applied for and who the possible employer may be.  

Actually, I cannot believe I had to explain that.  I have to wonder if some of you are so desperate for a certain political result that you ignore common sense and simple logic.   

6 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

I not appointed, Trump could always replace Sessions with Kavanaugh! 

Well, that would certainly save a whole lot of time on confirmation hearings, could just replay the current drama.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Well Trump has made no secret of the fact that he has no problem committing sexual assault (The Hollywood Tape).

Were there 2 tapes? The ones I heard were no more than someone talking about consensual groping of groupies. Happens all the time among the famous and rich ( and powerful ). I doubt there is a rock star that hasn't done what is on the tape.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 1

On 9/28/2018 at 9:08 PM, chokrai said:

I always wondered who the people are that watch CNN and MSNBC.  Now I know. 

On 9/28/2018 at 7:40 PM, Jingthing said:

"Good clips for the most part. But promoting that insane conspiracy theorist Mark Dice at the end is revealing about where you're coming from."

Maybe, chokral, you'll share with us your news sources that make you so well informed?

10 hours ago, riclag said:

Taken down your buddy is one thing,I could almost live with that.I won't like it,but another crusader who cares for American  nationalism ,that would be fine for me.

JK is the far left's anti -christ. Hopefully the independent voter is watching this terrorism assault on America's judicial system.I'll be voting the midterms ,while your watching the results coming in from god knows what country your from

I know there's no laws against being DWV (drunk while voting) but maybe they should have some serious safeguards against people being 'stupid-in-charge of a vote'.

12 minutes ago, Slip said:

She would rather have not flown, but she did anyway.  As you have been told it was discussed at the hearing.  What nonsense is this you are bringing now?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/living-with-anxiety-christine-blasey-ford_n_5bad033ee4b0b4d308d09ce0

she was not questoned by judge mitchell on thursday about her travel contradictions.  thereto that interview in the wqshington prawda post is what she said not  prior to the thursday hearing in the second september week wbr roobaa01

Edited by roobaa01

19 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Whatever it is, it is painfully obvious he is not fit for the job. He could not even speak at times during the questioning. He failed to answer questions, he asked senators the question he was being asked as answer.

In what sane society is this behavior anywhere near acceptable? 

Here is what I think about this week long process. Let's say the fbi finds nothing. Well, at least the republicans have time to mull over that performance kav gave at the hearing. Anyone in their right mind would have a chance to be persuaded after that. It had already happened once, and for good reason.

I gurantee you if he would have just been calm at the hearing and answered honestly, he would be a supreme court judge already. 

You have to understand there are multiple levels going on here. Kavanaugh was not trying to win your heart during his performance - and I do say performance - but trying to win over Senators. Ford was very convincing, so Kavanaugh had to take a hard ass approach to counteract. Also, Trump was critical of his almost timid interview earlier in the week. Kavanaugh's performance was exactly what the Republicans wanted and asked for.

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Did you read the quote to which I was replying?

- Ordinary citizens can see this job interview was blinded by the screaming get in your face, claiming murderer, serial rapist, restaurant groping stalkers, resistance movement.

- What do you think that movement is resisting?

- Anything and everything that doesn't fit with THEIR viewpoint. 

- Are you saying there are people for whom sexual assault does fit their viewpoint?

- Did you read the quote to which I was replying?

- Yup

8 hours ago, helpisgood said:

The mere facts that there are subpeona powers and FBI investigations involved does not, by itself, not make it essentially a job interview.  Kavanaugh's interviews are for a lifetime job on the highest court of the land and done by the federal govt.  What do you expect?  How about a job interview for the FBI, the CIA and any law enforcement agency?  

Job interviews in the private sector may include calls to previous employers, etc. and may even require a criminal background check (e.g., perhaps a teaching job with younger students).  I bet if some of those employers had subpoena powers, they would sometimes use them.  Why not?  It depends on the sensitivity and importance of the position being applied for and who the possible employer may be.  

Actually, I cannot believe I had to explain that.  I have to wonder if some of you are so desperate for a certain political result that you ignore common sense and simple logic.   

I actually don't want someone like Kavanaugh on the bench because his views are too conservative for me. But it doesn't mean that I will buy into the current political hatchet job going on just because it suits my political result. Actually, I cannot believe I had to explain that.

I look forward to your posts supporting Conway's revelation that she was sexually assaulted.

Little lies point to bigger lies.

So true.

So true.

Comey: Kavanaugh’s “Obvious Lies” About Yearbook Are “Flashing Signal to Dig Deeper”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/james-comey-writes-new-york-times-op-ed-on-brett-kavanaugh-investigation.html

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

44 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

I actually don't want someone like Kavanaugh on the bench because his views are too conservative for me. But it doesn't mean that I will buy into the current political hatchet job going on just because it suits my political result. Actually, I cannot believe I had to explain that.

I look forward to your posts supporting Conway's revelation that she was sexually assaulted.

1- Your first paragraph does not address our disagreement as to what a job interview is.  You now mention a different issue than the one you had stated in post 380.   

2- Why do you look forward to any posts from me supporting Conway in any way?  That's a different issue than the one you had quoted.  It is a non sequitur and not relevant to my post you have quoted.  My support or non-support of Conway does not affect in any way my explanation of what a job interview is.

Maybe politics have wrongly affected the process.  Still, the hearings are basically a job interview for the Supreme Court.  

Edited by helpisgood
  • Like 1