"Sorry dad, I need to become a nun" - shamed celeb "graaps" the feet of foreign father

webfact

5 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

So non-entity boyfreind gets 25 years in the slammer,she being moderately famous get's 3 months probation,one wonders if the judge called her in to his office for a private 'discussion' before verdict.

As for the feet grabbing disgusting ,outdated i would rather have my head cut off than bow to any man, least of all kiss his feet.

She had a nice piece of land that was quickly sold in Phuket...maybe her ex didn't have much to offer.

8 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

In other words: She's never held a real job in her life and her only tangible asset is what's now hidden under her robe for a couple of months in order to "atone" for her stupidity of getting involved with drugs?

Do you honestly believe she'll stay "a couple of months" with the nuns? I give her a week, tops, then we'll see more photos and a huge ruckus about how she has changed and learned her lesson and can now go home... 

17 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

The monks will be overjoyed and take real good care of this one. 

Monks, generally, have no interest in women. Why do you think that they joined a holy order that forbids contact with women for the rest of their lives? Same reason that Roman Catholics join the priesthood. Unlimited access, without recriminations, to an endless supply of young boys.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I didn't know there is a difference in Thailand.

I had always assumed that there were no female monks per se here, and the female version of monks were called nuns...

That's wrong???

The big Thai Buddhist honcho's, the Sangha, in part don't recognize female Buddhist monks.  Other countries do, the most recognizable one in Vietnam.  The ladies are fully recognized, shaved head, orange robe wearing Buddhist monks.  There is one or two temples in Thailand that have female Buddhist monks, called Bhikkhuni.  A highly recognized Farang monk, Ajahn Brahm, in Australia, a student of Ajahn Chah back in the day, got in all kinds of trouble when he ordained women in Australia as full fledged Buddhist monks.  And yes there is a big difference between them and Nuns.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

The ladies are fully recognized, shaved head, orange robe wearing Buddhist monks.  There is one or two temples in Thailand that have female Buddhist monks, called Bhikkhuni.

So in Thailand, how does one by appearance tell the difference between a rare Thai female Buddhist monk and the more common Buddhist nuns?  The Thai female monks would be wearing the same saffron robes as the men, whereas the nuns wear white garments???

I note that the older women in the OP news photo participating in the head shaving ceremony are all wearing white, and no saffron robes to be seen in that photo. And the OP article, I didn't realize from before, specifically says the young woman is going into a "nunnery" -- not a temple.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 9/28/2018 at 9:29 PM, khaowong1 said:

I have yet been to a Wat seeing Nuns who weren't basically maids for the Wat.  Washing clothes, cooking, doing dishes, sweeping and mopping.  Being a female Monk is one thing, being a so called Nun is another.

There are two types of temple, at one type they have duties to do, they are there to serve the public whether that be through holding a ceremony or through cleaning up, but at the other type of temple they do not have duties, they are there primarily to meditate, and unless you visit that type of temple then you will see people working, regardless of their gender.

This farce is an absolute wind up.

It`s just a PR stunt for her, a fading drug addicted has- been seeking more publicly. There are people in Thailand serving life sentences for lesser offences. 

This reminds me of the case when the half British female so-called Thai celebrity killed a policeman while driving high on drink and drugs and never served a day in prison.

Give me 6 months as head of the police here in Thailand, I`ll make Big Joke seem like a minute joke in comparison.

What were the actual charges? Who was the bf? I haven’t seen this “actress” before, was she really famous, or just on the BKK hiso party circuit?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Unspescified period- about 9 days usually, pathetic charade
9 days, right on. A friend has a son, he went to the monkery after a massive party which cost absolutely squillions of baht - music, twerks, food, grog for 1000 people (1000, not a misprint) for . . . 9 sleeps.
I larfed like a drain, not appreciated. .

Sent from my F3116 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, bheard said:

9 days, right on. A friend has a son, he went to the monkery after a massive party which cost absolutely squillions of baht - music, twerks, food, grog for 1000 people (1000, not a misprint) for . . . 9 sleeps.
I larfed like a drain, not appreciated. .

Sent from my F3116 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It is not unusual, however it is also not the way that everyone goes, some go quietly and stay for 9 months, each to their own I say.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So in Thailand, how does one by appearance tell the difference between a rare Thai female Buddhist monk and the more common Buddhist nuns?  The Thai female monks would be wearing the same saffron robes as the men, whereas the nuns wear white garments???

I note that the older women in the OP news photo participating in the head shaving ceremony are all wearing white, and no saffron robes to be seen in that photo. And the OP article, I didn't realize from before, specifically says the young woman is going into a "nunnery" -- not a temple.

Yes, orange robes vs white.  I'm pretty sure the OP article was wrong.  There is no such thing as a "nunnery" in Thailand. There are temples that have set aside areas of the temple for nuns and monks except for the abbot are not allowed to tread.