Perilous roads

rooster59

16 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

She's on the wrong side of the road. Most likely, she just turned right from a side street, and will continue on the wrong side until space allows her to cross over onto the correct side of the road. Meanwhile she is exposing herself and her kids to all oncoming traffic which could be travelling towards her at any speed, this traffic then has to pull into the road to avoid her, and by doing so exposes itself to traffic on the other side of the road. But as you say  'no danger'. Hilarious.

Yes, wrong side of the road, so what? As i wrote; she's probably turning right at the next soi. Seems like many posters are just off the boat, this is how they drive in Thailand.

It's quite normal and I often do it myself if it's only 50 meters or so, until the next soi or whatever.

16 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Meanwhile she is exposing herself and her kids to all oncoming traffic which could be travelling towards her at any speed, this traffic then has to pull into the road to avoid her, and by doing so exposes itself to traffic on the other side of the road.

The same would happen if she was driving in the other direction when they overtake her.

1 minute ago, Vacuum said:

Yes, wrong side of the road, so what? As i wrote; she's probably turning right at the next soi. Seems like many posters are just off the boat, this is how they drive in Thailand.

It's quite normal and I often do it myself if it's only 50 meters or so, until the next soi or whatever.

This is how they drive in Thailand- THAT'S the problem that leads to it being number one in the world for bike deaths.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

So it's 66 a day now.  75% male = 48ish every day = 350 a week!  Fathers/husbands/sons!  That is without including the disabled.  How does Thailand regenerate its population?

I think the 66 per day is just a bit of creative accounting.

It was 80 per day in 2015 and judging what 'Vacuum' sees as "normal" I would not expect the toll to have diminished in any way.

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2015/03/thailand-road-deaths/#DgM1rh7whGvz5RZx.97

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

This is how they drive in Thailand- THAT'S the problem that leads to it being number one in the world for bike deaths.

You're right, but the deaths have nothing to do with driving like the lady in the posted picture.

Edited by Vacuum

54 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Seems like many posters are just off the boat, this is how they drive in Thailand.

How many text messages can you send in that 50 metres?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Can't see any danger here. She's not doing 110, more likely 10 and going right at the next soi. Note that the cars on the left are parked, ample of space.

You've  been in Thailand too long mate.she ain't even looking where she's going with kids and no helmets.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Yet they think it wise to host Moto GP races here. 

This country is simply not ready for personal motorised transport. 

You hit the nail on the head fintan.straight out of the trees and into a high powered vehicle.weve evolved with cars over generations.my first memories of being In a car was in the 60s with my grandads cortina mk1 that full out would probably do 60mph.

On 9/29/2018 at 12:18 PM, rooster59 said:

Road crashes are a major cause of death in every country

Wrong; not in every countries ( don't know who write here but must come back to school ) ;

In England or France or Germany it's a minor cause of death ;

the major cause of death is domestic accidents .

• Like 1