Buriram immigration moving experience

That is very interesting. It is the first time I have heard of an immigration office open during the weekend. Did you know in advance they would be open, or just turn up hopefully? Does anyone else have the experience of managing something like this at a weekend? I am sure many would be delighted to hear of the Chiang Mai office open on a Saturday.

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Many office are open now on Saturday mornings from 9 to 12. It started a couple of months ago. They only offer limited services such as 90 day reports, re-entry permits, TM30 forms and some extensions. A list of offices by divisions with the hours and what they will do is here in Thai. https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5b891e96442ce61511d91be1

Very interesting.

Referring to your link, it indicates different services for each office. I was particularly struck by the fact that the Saturday service at some Bangkok hospitals (including Bamrungrad) is for extensions of stay. Is this exclusively for patients looking for medical extensions, or can it also be used by others looking for different kinds of extensions?

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Many office are open now on Saturday mornings from 9 to 12. It started a couple of months ago. They only offer limited services such as 90 day reports, re-entry permits, TM30 forms and some extensions. A list of offices by divisions with the hours and what they will do is here in Thai. https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5b891e96442ce61511d91be1

You need to phone your IO.

Jomtien was closed Sep 1, 8, 22.

They only do TM30. Tourist visa extensions. Re entry permits. The list says they do more but they do not.

The list is worthless I am sorry to say.

6 hours ago, Muhendis said:

However I was also told that the office will be moving next door to KFC at the I-Stadium next week so if you turn up at the current place and find them gone, that's where they've gone to.

is KFC next door to them and they will be moving there, or will they be moving next door to KFC . Personally I am hoping for KFC being next door and them moving there:tongue:

All joking aside Thank you for  that report , I will be retiring in a few months and entering the 90 day reporting regime , and it is good to know.

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

Referring to your link, it indicates different services for each office. I was particularly struck by the fact that the Saturday service at some Bangkok hospitals (including Bamrungrad) is for extensions of stay. Is this exclusively for patients looking for medical extensions, or can it also be used by others looking for different kinds of extensions?

I have no idea what extensions they will do. You would have to contact them about it.

They have October's list on the site now and it shows more locations than the one for September. https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5bacc57661bd84064c8905ed

10 hours ago, pontious said:

The list is worthless I am sorry to say.

Complain to immigration not me.

A close look at the dates for Jomtien shows they are open every other Saturday. For October it appears they will only be open on the 20th since they were open yesterday the 29th and October 13th is a holiday.

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

Very interesting.

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hi ubonjoe !  The link open in Thai language. Is there a link in English for the expats and tourist ?

16 hours ago, BritTim said:

That is very interesting. It is the first time I have heard of an immigration office open during the weekend. Did you know in advance they would be open, or just turn up hopefully? Does anyone else have the experience of managing something like this at a weekend? I am sure many would be delighted to hear of the Chiang Mai office open on a Saturday.

Jomtien IO has been open Saturday mornings for years.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have no idea what extensions they will do. You would have to contact them about it.

They have October's list on the site now and it shows more locations than the one for September. https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5bacc57661bd84064c8905ed

I went this past saturday to Jomtien to do my 90-day. IO (in plain clothes) met me at the door and asked what i wanted. I told him i wanted to do my 90 day report as i was due (on saturday). He points to the back (to imply no staff) and says "they ONLY do Tourist Visa extensions on weekend, come back Monday".

I said thats not right, i was told that you do 90 day reports as well on the weekend. He stews for a minute then walks back and talks to another IO while i just followed him in. He reluctantly went ahead and did it and it took all of 4 minutes and i was done. 

As I sat at the desk, there were 3 other IO ladies there. One appeared to be the "supervisor" and they were all taking selfies of each other, ha ha. To busy to do their job i guess, after all it was the weekend. There were No other customers there seeking service while i was there. 

TiT

i did get what i went there for so i'm not complaining tho.

• Thanks 1

Went to see Buriram Immigration office at Thunder Castle, Chang Arena this morning for a chat.   There was just 1 guy in a large office with loads of nice new desks, unused rubber stamps and partitions along a ton of packaging littered over the floor.

The office is open on a permanent basis and is immediately behind KFC.   It has a nice new Thailand Immigration door with announcing the operating days (Monday to Friday).   Suggest though that you give it a few days to get sorted before putting it to the test.

The "old" office up at the Provincial Government building will continue to operate Monday to Friday PLUS Saturday mornings.   So from zero offices and a 240km round trip two years ago, Buriram now has TWO.

• Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, ubonjoe said:

No there is no version in English.

Thanks You ubonjoe!  Strange that this  information for expats and tourist is not in English, the official ASEAN language and the English language displayed in all International airports in the world. Most Immigration web site in countries around Thailand have an English version to inform travellers .  Maybe Big Jok should start with that  !

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2018 at 4:33 PM, MrMo said:

So from zero offices and a 240km round trip two years ago, Buriram now has TWO.

Do they need 2 offices? No. They barely get enough customers as it is. This is why they won't allow 90 day report online. They are just trying to justify their manning levels. I was in Buriram IO today and, as always, given the runaround.

First I was told my bankbook hadn't been updated. Okay, off to to the bank to do that. Gets back to the office and hands over a filled out TM7. I was given it back and told to fill out a new one as it had change. For the life of me I couldn't really see the difference except for the 'NOTICE' under your signature. Before there were 3 notifications and now the new form only has 2.

Then I handed over my updated bank book. Officer says 'the money hasn't been in the bank for the full three months''. Now my missus bites and tells the guy it has but he wouldn't have it. He was insistent but eventually backed down when another officer looked and said the money was okay.

I was asked for a photo for the filled out TM7. Last year a different officer told me I didn't need a photo as they took the picture with the camera connected to their computer. The officer who told me last year about 'no photo' needed denied he said that. What a ......... Luckily I had one in my documents folder.

Nah, Buriram IO is only after tea money. They don't want to help honest expats. They'd rather bend over backwards to help people who they can extort money out off.

F..... Buriram Immigration. Rant over.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

I was given it back and told to fill out a new one as it had change.

There has been a new TM7 form since early last year. Also there is a new TM8 re-entry permit form.

It was discussed on this forum last year.

1 hour ago, Rally123 said:

Do they need 2 offices? No. They barely get enough customers as it is. This is why they won't allow 90 day report online. They are just trying to justify their manning levels. I was in Buriram IO today and, as always, given the runaround.

First I was told my bankbook hadn't been updated. Okay, off to to the bank to do that. Gets back to the office and hands over a filled out TM7. I was given it back and told to fill out a new one as it had change. For the life of me I couldn't really see the difference except for the 'NOTICE' under your signature. Before there were 3 notifications and now the new form only has 2.

Then I handed over my updated bank book. Officer says 'the money hasn't been in the bank for the full three months''. Now my missus bites and tells the guy it has but he wouldn't have it. He was insistent but eventually backed down when another officer looked and said the money was okay.

I was asked for a photo for the filled out TM7. Last year a different officer told me I didn't need a photo as they took the picture with the camera connected to their computer. The officer who told me last year about 'no photo' needed denied he said that. What a ......... Luckily I had one in my documents folder.

Nah, Buriram IO is only after tea money. They don't want to help honest expats. They'd rather bend over backwards to help people who they can extort money out off.

F..... Buriram Immigration. Rant over.

4 years here. Never had any issue with Buriram IO nor Kap Choeng. For my first EoS my homework had been a bit sloppy and they were quite helpful in saving me another 100km return trip home. Both offices are/were very effective in clearing queues when they build up. 

Whether they need two offices is not to us to decide, but I would have preferred to have an annex at Robinson's where I could have done my 90 days reports, TM30, and reentry permits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiChakayan said:

I would have preferred to have an annex at Robinson's where I could have done my 90 days reports, TM30, and reentry permits.

Nice enough if you live relatively near to Buriram but Online reporting would be one step in the right direction for those, like myself, who live some distance away. But why should Buriram have an annex? Korat and Kap Choeng do not have one and they are all in the same Immigration Division.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There has been a new TM7 form since early last year. Also there is a new TM8 re-entry permit form.

It was discussed on this forum last year.

I'd appreciate the link please. If there was new TM7 form out early last year then how come I used the old one in October of last year and it was accepted?  rolleyes.png

Edited by Rally123

2 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Both offices are/were very effective in clearing queues when they build up. 

Been using Kap Choeng since I first arrived in 2005 except when they closed it and moved it to Korat. I've never been to Kap Choeng or Buriram when there's been queues. In fact if you include Korat I've NEVER seen queues in any office.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

I'd appreciate the link please. If there was new TM7 form out early last year then how come I used the old one in October of last year and it was accepted?

There are those 2 new forms and others in this post I did.

Not sure why it was accepted in October of last year. Immigration posted an announcement about it on January 20th, 2017. 

2 hours ago, Rally123 said:

Nice enough if you live relatively near to Buriram but Online reporting would be one step in the right direction for those, like myself, who live some distance away. But why should Buriram have an annex? Korat and Kap Choeng do not have one and they are all in the same Immigration Division.

The "why" has something to do with the "Chang Stadium", I reckon. But before I get too excited I want to see what happens to this office after this WE's big event.

I have never waited more then half a hour, but in every instance there was a heavy workload, and they got their heads down to get things moving. Also, I suspect that Cambodian workers are a larger component of their activity, my wife has a friend who runs a large recycling operation in Prakhonchai who employs about 15 Cambodians. There must several thousands of these foreign workers in the province, who go through the same hoops as we do.

Edited by KiChakayan
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure why it was accepted in October of last year. Immigration posted an announcement about it on January 20th, 2017. 

I fill in a photocopy of a TM7 form that I've had for a few years before I go to immigration. And because there's next to no difference between the old form and the new it must have been overlooked. But at the end of the day it didn't make any difference in obtaining my extension. This is what is wrong with immigration. They nit pick. But when it comes to being dishonest and paying tea money they can look the other way. Hypocrites.