Video shares stark ‘Drink Drive Death’ warning

Jonathan Fairfield

Is there any evidence that proves this? I mean, do we have stats if more drunks or sober people actually died during/after accident? Maybe being drunk has higher odds of an accident but lower chance of death, while sober is the opposite....

Not sure if drunk or sober even matters here, looks same same but different to me.

7 minutes ago, DavisH said:

How can anyone NOT be aware of the death and mayhem on the roads here? Do they really need an advertisement? Put it down to karma, they say. If you gonna die you gonna die; nothing can stop it (apparently even modifying one's behaviour).

Dear leader even went so far as to say that they have tried everything and that it's impossible to fix. Ofcourse they didn't try to reform traffic police and they didn't try increasing the fines/penalties.

Is he incompetent or does he just not care? Who knows.. but he has the blood of thousands of innocent lives on his hands IMHO.

Edited by hobz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ceruhe said:

Is there any evidence that proves this? I mean, do we have stats if more drunks or sober people actually died during/after accident? Maybe being drunk has higher odds of an accident but lower chance of death, while sober is the opposite....

Not sure if drunk or sober even matters here, looks same same but different to me.

Yes, there has been different stats about this the past few years. Alcohol is a big factor (same worldwide) another one is speeding.

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Pitiful add. Cheap and not nasty enough. Had no hits and won't achieve a thing. They need to Australia a adds. Put fear into these gooses 

They do show a bunch of crashes during the driving license education.. also I'm pretty sure all Thai ppl have friends and relatives that has been in accidents and whatnot.. 

6 minutes ago, hobz said:

They do show a bunch of crashes during the driving license education.. also I'm pretty sure all Thai ppl have friends and relatives that has been in accidents and whatnot.. 

Not enough and must be on TV they show nothing at LTO. Only phone games. We need heads removed and arms 

46 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Pitiful add. Cheap and not nasty enough. Had no hits and won't achieve a thing. They need to Australia a adds. Put fear into these gooses 

So far, no one has replied with any information that this is anything to do with the government?

I seem to be the only person asking this.

I'm assuming (dangerous, I know) that "had no hits" is referring to the number of views on youtube? If that's so, there have been 10 million hits.

IIRC, "United Breaks Guitars" has the highest number of youtube hits ever at 18 million - I'm willing to stand corrected on that though.

Perhaps the producer wanted to generate an income by putting it on youtube - and he will have succeeded quite well, I'd imagine.

edit: I was way off saying "United Breaks Guitars" had the highest number of hits (it may have been for a first video?)

According to wiki, it's "Despacito" with 5.55 billion hits.

Edited by bluesofa
addendum

27 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Not enough and must be on TV they show nothing at LTO. Only phone games. We need heads removed and arms 

Better to hit them in the wallet with higher fines across the board.

They fear having to pay.

Edited by hobz
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 3:32 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

...ranks second on the global level following only Libya. Given that Libya is suffering a civil war, which has contributed to many road deaths...

Yeah, Libya may have a "higher road death" rate, but not the same quirky driving habits (I'm being kind) as here in Thailand.  A much different scenario...

image.png.6bd251d84611929e80317a8b9934fecd.png

image.thumb.png.182b87081091b3b28bc951a76adddc18.png

Edited by CanuckThai

I am not a big drinker, and I don't go out that often, but I have been stopped

while riding my scooter and asked to blow, three times in the last 8 weeks or so.

(A funny handheld device that reminded me of my airconditioner remote) No issues,

I had not been drinking. The police seemed to have a puzzled look on there faces

when they viewed the result. But make no mistake, the police are out in force checking

drivers for DUI. (Driving under the influence) 

1 minute ago, Ulic said:

I am not a big drinker, and I don't go out that often, but I have been stopped

while riding my scooter and asked to blow, three times in the last 8 weeks or so.

(A funny handheld device that reminded me of my airconditioner remote) No issues,

I had not been drinking. The police seemed to have a puzzled look on there faces

when they viewed the result. But make no mistake, the police are out in force checking

drivers for DUI. (Driving under the influence) 

Where do you live? 

9 hours ago, hobz said:

Hehe I mean where did u get checked? I drive around Chiang Mai and only get checked for alcohol once during song kran

Sounded like Australia, move and they test you????????