Kitchen remodel

bkk6060

Am having a difficult time finding someone to assist my GF with a new kitchen design and remodel.

Index and Baan and Bath folks seem to be clueless.

Any suggestions on a soup to nuts contact?

Someone who can come to the house, take measurements and make some suggestions/show options and complete the job.

thanks.

15 hours ago, scorecard said:

Homikitch.com

Chiang Mai

Just got back from the place and am impressed so far.  They are coming to the house in a few days for measurements and suggestions.  Lady in the place spoke great English which is a huge plus. We will see thanks again.

I hate to bad mouth these places but Homepro is another one.  I know this is Thailand but in the entire store there was not one person who spoke English. There must have been over 300 people working.  Just strange many Falang walking around you would think they would speak. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Just got back from the place and am impressed so far.  They are coming to the house in a few days for measurements and suggestions.  Lady in the place spoke great English which is a huge plus. We will see thanks again.

I hate to bad mouth these places but Homepro is another one.  I know this is Thailand but in the entire store there was not one person who spoke English. There must have been over 300 people working.  Just strange many Falang walking around you would think they would speak. Oh well. 

What kind of budget range is required to do something like that?

What kind of budget range is required to do something like that?

Since I am starting to built again in the next two weeks I have also been shopping around for a new kitchen as well.

It really depends on what you want and you can spent anything between 15,000 or 300,000 Baht (imported stuff) for the same size kitchen - not including appliances !

We have decided again for a concrete frame done by the builder and we will buy the units drawers, doors and upper kitchen cabinets and the builder will built the frame according to our drawings and fit them.

There is a huge range of these units available -the newer ones are self closing.

Tiled inside and outside these Concrete frames are great you can come up with beautiful designs and they are easy to clean which is what one wants in a kitchen.

on top you can decide if you want plastic, stone or even marble it’s up to you.

The gas stove units and sink are fitted in and sealed and exhaust units fitted above.

Most important for me in the kitchen is at work table island which gives you great space for preparation - as well as great storage space underneath.

You can buy these units as well for between 50 to 70,000 baht - but if you do it yourself with the method above it can cost you a little as 10,000 baht depending on how many drawers and doors you put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Be sure the lower cabinets are elevated on a plinth in your installation to be at the proper height for a westerner to work in the kitchen AND to have a place for your toes when working.  These Thai kitchen showrooms often display the kitchens this way in their showrooms, but when doing the installation in the home, they plop the lower cabinets right on the floor without a plinth and act all surprised when you point out that the lower cabinets are lower than shown in the display model in the showroom.

Consider graphite as a countertop.  It's inexpensive here, beautiful, wears well and is very heat-tolerant.  An affordable luxury that would be out-of-reach in a western-kitchen.

Archived