America's image worsens under Trump

webfact

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

Didn't mean to imply the UK is or was. Through out the world we're joined at the hip with the fighting. Like it or not we're buddies.

Except over the Falklands, when the US refused to back British proposals at the UN as they were more concerned about cosying up to and backing the Argentinian military junta than supporting the UK. Fair weather friends.

I would love to think that my American cousins have a special relationship with us, but unfortunately, Trumps actions (actions speak louder than words) give lie to that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The UK support for the US in Iraq and Afghanistan, cost the UK billions and the lives of many British soldiers (some at the hands of US "crack" troops).

What thanks did we get for that?

Well, i don't want to go there, but it's obvious to everyone ( except some Americans) that USA is not doing anything in exchange for nothing.

13 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, i don't want to go there, but it's obvious to everyone ( except some Americans) that USA is not doing anything in exchange for nothing.

No nation should do anything in exchange for nothing. Welcome to the way it should be, the way it will be.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

No nation should do anything in exchange for nothing. Welcome to the way it should be, the way it will be.

I agree, you can tell that to the poster who was talking about free money and drinks.:whistling:

• Haha 1

Everyone could need some help from a friend sometime!

Greedy thinking, and thats what Trump explicit promoted in his campaign as well, and some did welcome with aploud. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Well that's fine, us Brits won't back you in any more of your phoney wars.

Its OK mate, we can get the French then...real soldiers ????????????

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I agree, you can tell that to the poster who was talking about free money and drinks.:whistling:

Ja, even when I buy a beer for the lost falang on the steps at 7-11, I am doing it to have some company. Its a fair exchange.... ????

• Haha 2

Just now, Nyezhov said:

Its OK mate, we can get the French then...real soldiers ????????????

I doubt that the French will help you, there's always been animosity between the French and Americans.

Besides, they've always been a bunch of surrender monkeys.

Best soldiers in the world - Brits and Russians.

• Haha 2

Ja, even when I buy a beer for the lost falang on the steps at 7-11, I am doing it to have some company. Its a fair exchange.... ????

Good idea, if it's a lonely stocky middle aged woman, you might add some free groping to the deal.????

• Haha 1

Actually, America's image has not been good for quite a while and Trump has destroyed it. I only hope that he will continue his damaging administration until the coming "Blue Wave" takes his corrupt party out of power. With any luck, it may be 20 years before public amnesia allows another Republican to be elected.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Save it for a nice young lady in a bar...much more bang for your buck.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I doubt that the French will help you, there's always been animosity between the French and Americans.

Besides, they've always been a bunch of surrender monkeys.

Best soldiers in the world - Brits and Russians.

I have been training with brits and French, and I would say the french would beat any brits in a cold mountain snow landscape. Maybe brits is better in deserts? ???? 

The best soldier, is the one who is on his home ground. 

Edited by Hummin

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If French invaded Afghanistan, it would be over long time ago. 

The French did send a unit to Iraq. Their best unit, the French Foreign Legion (Legion D'Etrangers) Who my father fought with just prior to WW2. Currently the Foreign Legion is mostly made up of...….Russians and Brits!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

Who cares if the money came from family? Probably 90% of businesses in Asia do the same so what? Don't you know that most startup's get their money from somewhere and it either comes from family or from venture capitalists. Do you know how many successful CEO's failed many times before they made it? More than you think. Any man that can become a billionaire, have your own brand, name on buildings around the world, and become President of the United States is not an idiot. 

You loosing one important factor! He is a selfclaimed billionear, started with two empty hands. Well, almost, he got one million from his father, and made it to billions. 

33 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Save it for a nice young lady in a bar...much more bang for your buck.

im a cheap charlie..im so cheap i stopped using capital letters so i dont wear out the shift key

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Haha 1

Just now, maxcorrigan said:

You're joking a good Brit bash can easily exceed 20 pages you're only on 10 so far, a mere upstart! ????

They've already started the Brit bashing in this thread! Oh well, we're big enough we can take it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Didn't mean to imply the UK is or was. Through out the world we're joined at the hip with the fighting. Like it or not we're buddies.

Yes, we are all joined at the hip and USA and UK are the same only thing separating us all are beliefs, culture, politics, etc. we all come from the same "life" force as in life their are no borders, countries, states, divisions, religions, color, etc.

53 minutes ago, Spidey said:

They've already started the Brit bashing in this thread! Oh well, we're big enough we can take it.

Bashing? Not once have we mentioned British food, nor the fat cows with the funny hats barfing on the streets after hen parties have we?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vinegarbase said:

Any man that can become a billionaire, have your own brand, name on buildings around the world, and become President of the United States is not an idiot. 

Not quite sure what causality you between not being an idiot and having your name on buildings around the world. I would have agreed that a President of the United States cannot be an idiot until... Trump. 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

You loosing one important factor! He is a selfclaimed billionear, started with two empty hands. Well, almost, he got one million from his father, and made it to billions. 

Try $400m

• Like 1

A lot of my so called friends never forgave me when I quit drinking.  My image with them worsened immensely when I quit getting drunk and spending a wad every weekend buying rounds.

My image may have worsened, but the quality of my life and my self esteem (and my bank account) sure did benefit.

And if you didn't get the connection to the topic, read it again...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Not quite sure what causality you between not being an idiot and having your name on buildings around the world. I would have agreed that a President of the United States cannot be an idiot until... Trump. 

Ehm, Nixon, Bush jumior? Should Be enough 

55 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Ehm, Nixon, Bush jumior? Should Be enough with thise two. So many talented politicians never got the chance. Even Jeb seems like an decent politician, 

51 minutes ago, impulse said:

A lot of my so called friends never forgave me when I quit drinking.  My image with them worsened immensely when I quit getting drunk and spending a wad every weekend buying rounds.

My image may have worsened, but the quality of my life and my self esteem (and my bank account) sure did benefit.

You should call the FBI and inform them of this immediately.