Firebrand Ultra-Royalist Hiso Joins Democrat Party

webfact

Firebrand Ultra-Royalist Hiso Joins Democrat Party

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

hed-696x487.jpg

Left, Tanat Thanakitamnuay smiles while apprehended by police on May 16, 2014. Right, Tanat signs up for Democrat Party membership on Monday.

BANGKOK — A young hiso known for vitriolic comments against political opponents and leading protests that prompted the 2014 coup officially joined the Democrat Party Monday.

Tanat “Nat” Thanakitamnuay, who was a leader of the People’s Committee for Absolute Democracy with the King as Head of State, or PCAD, joined the Democrat Party while berating the Pheu Thai Party and ousted ex-Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/10/02/firebrand-ultra-royalist-hiso-joins-democrat-party/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-10-02

3 hours ago, baboon said:

Why would they want him as a member when they are supposedly attempting to modernise...?

Yet, hasn't it been always known that the Democrats have a traditional loyalists/Thai establishment leaning? 

Reflective of their truer colours. 

This candid call for reform and moderisation might be born of the classic Thai twisted rhetoric. 

• Like 1

For some reason i re watched that awful program on youtube made by VINE the other day and it was so cringey i nearly had to turn it off.

The highlight being when he is driving 'his pony' and says there is nothing quite like driving his pony through Bangkok at night, and THAT is what they are fighting for!

I just cannot comprehend what goes on in these people's heads.

• Like 1