Double entry, free visa mulled to boost falling Chinese tourism

snoop1130

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

Prayuth-and-Xi-696x392.jpg

Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Sept. 4, 2017, at the BRICS summit in Xiamen, China.

BANGKOK — The tourism minister said he was considering granting Chinese tourists a double entry visa into Thailand, hoping to increase their influx after numbers are set to drop for the first time ever.

Weerasak Kowsurat told reporters after a Tuesday meeting with the business sector – including the Association of Thai Travel Agents, or ATTA – that he was planning to give Chinese tourists a visa that would allow them to enter the kingdom twice hoping to boost their arrivals. The comments came after it was announced that the number of Chinese tourists would likely decrease in 2018.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2018/10/02/double-entry-free-visa-mulled-to-boost-falling-chinese-tourism/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-10-2
  • Sad 1

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

Prayuth-and-Xi-696x392.jpg.44d46a0c03897e7941ff52f0940b2851.jpg
Prime Minister Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha with Chinese President Xi Jinping on Sept. 4, 2017, at the BRICS summit in Xiamen, China.

BANGKOK — The tourism minister said he was considering granting Chinese tourists a double entry visa into Thailand, hoping to increase their influx after numbers are set to drop for the first time ever.

Weerasak Kowsurat told reporters after a Tuesday meeting with the business sector – including the Association of Thai Travel Agents, or ATTA – that he was planning to give Chinese tourists a visa that would allow them to enter the kingdom twice hoping to boost their arrivals. The comments came after it was announced that the number of Chinese tourists would likely decrease in 2018.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2018/10/02/double-entry-free-visa-mulled-to-boost-falling-chinese-tourism/
  khaosodeng_logo.jpg&key=f18f13f21ff8072a2f143e4785151573ffba4c71756463484787d073843a300f -- [emoji767] Copyright Khaosod English 2018-10-2
Make it safe and they will come.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

That is not the solution to encourage tourists to visit Thailand if they hear and see other tourists being attacked,robbed and in some instances killed.The solution is to treat visitors with utmost respect and to stop violence towards tourists by tuk tuk and motorbike drivers as well as by other operators .Also ensure the safety of places frequented and used by tourists .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

If a Brit has trouble here he's prosecuted for hurting tourism and deported. If Chinese, they get a double entry visa. Now falangs are even lower than dogs, buffalos, chickens, pigs and now Chinese. 

You have just won the insult of the year award. That one really hurts.

all special for Chinese! Slightest incident at the airport and it is a big issue. if it was a foreigner, there were no talk now.

Chinese are pretty much protected in Thailand and they get nice visas now too!

Let them invade Thailand!

They should ban Chinese and open room for better tourists. What i hear now is, due to Chinese hordes everywhere in Thailand in every pier, every beach and cravice and hole.

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

If a Brit has trouble here he's prosecuted for hurting tourism and deported. If Chinese, they get a double entry visa. Now falangs are even lower than dogs, buffalos, chickens, pigs and now Chinese. 

Rule Britannia!…………………..Thankfully, I have more self esteem than that!

I've spoken to many tourists and all say the Chinese are a disgusting race snorting and spitting in public being what most say and the state they leave the tables in public places .many have said they won't return as they are so rude .so Thailand you better take care of the Chinese as soon that's all you will have .if that happens you then lose the expats as no more Western bars and restaurants will be running as Chinese don't frequent them and other places are offering what Thailand used to be like .the Thailand of 20 years ago is long gone ,and young people just say well it's ok but won't come back .where as my generation were planning there next holiday well still here .Thailand has had it's time too many rules and regulations and a blatant dislike for the white European tourists by the powers that wanna be Chinese .

• Like 1

So funny they are worried about one country visiting. This disses all the rest if us.    I can't believe the boat accident is the sole  cause of a decline in Chinese tourists.   It may have been the last straw.  Maybe the trigger so that Chinese read the internet and trip reports of their felliw countrymen about Thailand before they book a trip.   So many negative things and now they can believe the comments about so much trash, idors, attitude toward farang of all types, corruption, killings, rapes, gold theft off your neck on the street, dirty food, military dictatorship.    Etc.

So funny they are worried about one country visiting. This disses all the rest if us.    I can't believe the boat accident is the sole  cause of a decline in Chinese tourists.   It may have been the last straw.  Maybe the trigger so that Chinese read the internet and trip reports of their felliw countrymen about Thailand before they book a trip.   So many negative things and now they can believe the comments about so much trash, idors, attitude toward farang of all types, corruption, killings, rapes, gold theft off your neck on the street, dirty food, military dictatorship.    Etc.

3 hours ago, lazeeboy said:

I've spoken to many tourists and all say the Chinese are a disgusting race snorting and spitting in public being what most say and the state they leave the tables in public places .many have said they won't return as they are so rude .so Thailand you better take care of the Chinese as soon that's all you will have .if that happens you then lose the expats as no more Western bars and restaurants will be running as Chinese don't frequent them and other places are offering what Thailand used to be like .the Thailand of 20 years ago is long gone ,and young people just say well it's ok but won't come back .where as my generation were planning there next holiday well still here .Thailand has had it's time too many rules and regulations and a blatant dislike for the white European tourists by the powers that wanna be Chinese .

The Mongolians are up there with the Chinese for being disgusting. 

Thailand has changed so much in the last 10 or so years, for worst I fear and not going to get any better soon. 

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

In the photo the Chinese president has that enigmatic smile that says 'I've got the upper hand, don't cross me.'

Known as the Pooh Bear smile. But don't tell him that or you might disappear suddenly.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/07/china-bans-winnie-the-pooh-film-to-stop-comparisons-to-president-xi

Edited by DrTuner
Link
  • Like 1