Advice on my experience at Suvarnabhumi airport

Allo, you sure you from Singapore. Then you go down orchard after applying online for METV.

Its free for us you understand.

1 METV last us 9 months. Then you apply again, catch ball?

• Like 1

I would also advise the OP to go to Savannakhet and get a 1-year Non-O Visa there where financials are not required.  Given his frequent-travel, one 2-day trip-hassle per year (or so) to get a new one is likely the best solution.

(just saw the "free METV" post above - which could also work, given his nationality - provided the requirements can be met).

Edited by JackThompson

54 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Your cleatly in the wrong on 2 levels and are up to your neck in it.

1) You HAVE exploited the visa - immigration department as you are not a tourist.

2) You willingly bribed an immigration officer.

If i was i your boots i would pull your head in and keep quiete. Apply for the correct visa and marry your long suffering poor Thai wife !!

No wonder they all end up going with farangs !

marry your long suffering poor Thai wife !!

1. This is so wrong to tag is wife as a suffering poor Thai wife. 

2. What's so special about the farangs ?

Read the post once again the guy clearly stated his reason for not getting a NON O visa " 400k in Thai account" .. A law should favour all and not some. 

38 minutes ago, Iem said:

I'm surprised no-one has suggested he get a non O based on the children ! As he normally leaves Thailand every 60 days he would not need an extension . He would just need to pay for a new Non O every 14 months or so .

You are right..  But foreigners with NON O visas should get a better treatment. Singaporean immigration will never stress a Thai citizen this much.  

58 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Your cleatly in the wrong on 2 levels and are up to your neck in it.

1) You HAVE exploited the visa - immigration department as you are not a tourist.

2) You willingly bribed an immigration officer.

If i was i your boots i would pull your head in and keep quiete. Apply for the correct visa and marry your long suffering poor Thai wife !!

marry your long suffering poor Thai wife !!

1. This is so wrong to tag is wife as a suffering poor Thai wife. 

2. What's so special about the farangs ?

Read the post once again the guy clearly stated his reason for not getting a NON O visa " 400k in Thai account" .. A law should favour all and not some. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, See Will said:

Don't play smart mate, you report him and the story turns on you because YOU bribed HIM. Simple as that..

There are rules and if you don't follow them (even unknowingly) then i would say its a very kind move that you got helped.

How many times you can enter per year I don't know but what I know is that there is a limit.

Beside an unregistered marriage is as good as tits on a boar, hence I can only recommend to make it official and see that you get the right visa.

I am now 15 years official married and never had any problems

since 5 years I have a retirement visa either.. 

I would have to agree with this reply... it can backfire on you with severe repercussions.. Just remember the stories of police caught in video asking for a receiving bribes... the police did nothing but smack the wrist of the policeman and then proceeded to file criminal charges against the motorist for bribing an official. 

Let's be fair. Registered and make your marriage legitimate. You can't do this back home. There's regulation everywhere including Thailand, immigration here is no longer like the past. I do not support bribery but you know you should count yourself lucky encounter. What if you are blacklist? You lose more. Again you can't do this back home.

Why not just pop down to the local office and get married and then apply for a multi-entry O visa. You have to leave every 90 days but that isn't a problem for you, is it. Unless you have a very strong reason not to marry the mother of your(?) kids, which I personally would find strange.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Just re-read and see he is not officially married.  That would need to happen first.

You don't have to be officially married before you can get a NON O visa..  NON O must be attached with a Thai identity number which means a Thai family and his 2 kids are there to fill in the space. His problem is the 400k the immigration need to see before granting a one year visa. Getting a visa from suvanakhet means you have to leave the country every 90 days but if you get an extension from the immigration you don't need to exit after 90 days..  The immigration officers need to take a review on their law as the law should favour all and not some

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is incorrect info. A marriage certificate is mandatory document needed to apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage.

He could get one based upon being the parent of a Thai by showing their birth certificate but it would only be a single entry non-o visa.

Defend what you only know.  I can send a private DM to you of 5 different NON O visas without marriage certificates but everyone has a kid.. NON O means family visa... You only present a marriage certificate when you don't have a kid yet or,  present both birth cert "kid" and marriage cert  Grant me the permission to DM you.. Lot of mistakes in the immigration law when it comes to NON O

We don't know that the kids are actually his (ie he is the father). He might just have taken them on, as so many foreign men do when they start a relationship with a Thai woman. That would affect his standing but, as I said above, getting married would solve everything.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

We don't know that the kids are actually his (ie he is the father). He might just have taken them on, as so many foreign men do when they start a relationship with a Thai woman. That would affect his standing but, as I said above, getting married would solve everything.

From his post the kids are his and his problem is the 400k been asked for by the immigration at the time of extension which made him reserve to the tourist stamp option. We all have different stories and experiences about Thai immigration law 

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure a I am not the only person that knows you cannot get a non-o visa based upon marriage without a marriage certificate or based upon being the parent of a Thai without a birth certificate. 

Have a look here at the requirements for a O visa on the MFA website. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

The O in non-o means other. They can be issued for several reasons.

That's why you can present which ever document you have and not just a marriage certificate... And those with NON O being the parent of a Thai would get same multiple entry visa. I have 5 different people with NON O multiple visa being parent to Thais.. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Walinton said:

That's why you can present which ever document you have and not just a marriage certificate... And those with NON O being the parent of a Thai would get same multiple entry visa. I have 5 different people with NON O multiple visa being parent to Thais.. 

A Non-O multiple is available at some locations for being the documented parent of a Thai (versus married to a Thai) - but, of the locations nearby of which I am aware, they require financials to get it.  Someone please correct me if wrong - as this could help the OP.

Edited by JackThompson

22 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

A Non-O multiple is available at some locations for being the documented parent of a Thai (versus married to a Thai) - but, of the locations nearby of which I am aware, they require financials to get it.  Someone please correct me if wrong - as this could help the OP.

I believe this is correct. The only nearby location providing multiple Non O to parent of a Thai child is Penang (and they sometimes only give a single). Penang requires financial proof. I believe some can get a multiple Non O for being the parent of a Thai child at the Royal Thai Embassy in their home countries, possibly without financial proof. I would also be interested in any exceptions to the above.

29 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

You are right. A financial evidence must be presented which is the reason why our fellow here had to come in as a tourist regardless of being a father to thais. This guy is financially weak yet the immigration at point of entry want him to get a NON O visa. I am pretty sure he is not the only One in such Situation.

57 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

A Non-O multiple is available at some locations for being the documented parent of a Thai (versus married to a Thai)

As the OP isn't married, he probably won't be considered as the father of Thai children either.

I'm betting on him having no paperwork at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As the OP isn't married, he probably won't be considered as the father of Thai children either.

I'm betting on him having no paperwork at all.

If he is named as the father on the Thai birth certificate, this is sufficient for him to be regarded as the father at many (all?) Thai consulates. The problem is that most consulates will only provide a single Non O, and (at least those close to Thailand) generally require financial proof also.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, observer90210 said:

I would take a lawyer and have it reported (through the lawyer) to the National Anti Corruption Commitee (NACC) in Bangkok.

What would you report? If had been you would you report that you suggested the bribe to the officer in order to be allowed into the country?...

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, cnconline said:

He did not answer me and ignored me for the next few minutes, talking to other officers who walked by. 

So I asked him ‘can you help me please?

In the context of the situation at the time and a willingness to pay without question it is clear what he meant by that.

4 hours ago, Walinton said:

The problem we all need to stand against is the 400k ,"$12,500"been asked for in the account for 2 months without withdrawal, 90% of married foreigners ain't  OK with this. Switching from TR to NoN O is easy but only few would meet up with the immigration financially status demand.

Why do "we all need to stand against this"?  The only ones who need to stand against it are the ones who cannot meet Immigration's requirements.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

Sit back and see what happens. It would be naive to think that the Thai Visa site is not being monitored in some way by authorities. Even if you are not contacted directly, just by revealing your experience someone has been alerted to it. Every day I see people talking about things of an incriminatory nature and even though important facts like names are not revealed those things discussed do give an impression of what is happening amongst the ex-pat community. It is always best not to underestimate as that leads to complacency, and it is very easy to underestimate the capabilities of the authorities here. 

"It would be naive to think that the Thai Visa site is not being monitored in some way by authorities".

It would be naïve to think that authorities are monitoring the nonsense that gets posted here most of the time!  There is so much defamatory denigration of police, MPs, senior officials and slagging-off of Thai institutions by so many posters, so regularly, here that legal action would have been taken against most members a long time ago if Thai authorities gave a toss about what is said here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1