Legendary Mustang debuts in Thailand

webfact

13 hours ago, Esso49 said:

If you bother to read the thread you will see some posters have advised it is available in Australia and the UK . In case you don't know both countries have RHD vehicles. If you check their websites further you will see the Australian specification for the Mustang as well as the UK one  on their respective websites. At the time of my post yesterday the Thai spec was not available on the Ford Thailand website. Clear enough for you ?

You don't have to be stroppy sunbeam...????

My point was that if Ford is tooled up for RHD then would think RHD countries would be provided with RHD cars...????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, transam said:

My point was that if Ford is tooled up for RHD then would think RHD countries would be provided with RHD cars...????

Right on, no authorize dealer in thailand would import a mass produce car that is driven on the opposite side to sell. It doesn't take rocket scientist to figure out why they would do that, yet some folks still want to argue other wise.

If indeed it was left hand drive, news outlets would have pointed that out since it is out of the norm to have a left hand drive car.

The ford thailand website shows interior pics of RHD too (give that its only pics, and no specs up yet)

https://www.ford.co.th/en/performance/mustang/?searchid=CPC_051018_THMUSLN_SEM#

On 10/4/2018 at 5:05 PM, Esso49 said:

Well if anybody buys one in Thailand without access to an official Ford Thailand specification then I would question their intelligence.

Well its just not online. Folks who really want one will get that info at the dealer. Do you plan on buying one? You may be that one who decides not to buy a car because you can't find that info online, thats Fords loss. Yes they should do a better job with their website since they are selling such an expensive car in a competitive niche segment.

8 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Well its just not online. Folks who really want one will get that info at the dealer. Do you plan on buying one? You may be that one who decides not to buy a car because you can't find that info online, thats Fords loss. Yes they should do a better job with their website since they are selling such an expensive car in a competitive niche segment.

8 hours ago, transam said:

And my point was, and still is, the specification is not yet available on the website. Its apparently not yet available in a hard form brochure either !!!   But carry on making superfluous argument as you will soon get to 60,000 posts.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Esso49 said:

And my point was, and still is, the specification is not yet available on the website. Its apparently not yet available in a hard form brochure either !!!   But carry on making superfluous argument as you will soon get to 60,000 posts.

only took 68 posts but maybe missing some specs

https://www.ford.co.th/en/performance/mustang/models/5-0l-v8-gt-coupe-performance-pack/

https://www.ford.co.th/en/performance/mustang/

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2018 at 4:19 PM, Esso49 said:

It was avaialble online the whole time, do you even bother to read or even try looking for stuff? Hey, I can't hold your hand show you everything.

https://www.ford.co.th/en/performance/mustang/models/5-0l-v8-gt-coupe-performance-pack/

But whats your beef? you are not serious about buying one, you are just trolling. Your arguments are idiotic. The dealers that stock the car do have the brochures. But i guess the spec online doesn't say its RHD so carry on with your arguments again. I mean if you really wanted to know a simple visit to the showroom or call them you would have your answer.

I suppose even if you saw the actual car at the dealer, you should still argue that it may not be RHD since its not mentioned on the brochure or the dealer is selling you a grey import car!

Continue on, I think you will reach 60,000 posts before me since you have the need to reply to everyone who doesn't reply to your satisfaction.

Edited by mike324
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2018 at 9:35 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

All wind n piss anyway, no one here will buy one.

Do you mean no-one in this forum or no-one in Thailand?

I'm sure they've probably already sold a few in Thailand and have a pretty good idea how many more they expect to sell.

2 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Do you mean no-one in this forum or no-one in Thailand?

I'm sure they've probably already sold a few in Thailand and have a pretty good idea how many more they expect to sell.

In Thailand, a few rich kids will get one, genuine Car Guys too, but this is a T Cut n Old Toyota Truck pass the time and fun Forum generally..!

7 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

In Thailand, a few rich kids will get one, genuine Car Guys too, but this is a T Cut n Old Toyota Truck pass the time and fun Forum generally..!

Says the guy that bought a ride that has no clue how to use the gizmo's....????

3 hours ago, mike324 said:

It was avaialble online the whole time, do you even bother to read or even try looking for stuff? Hey, I can't hold your hand show you everything.

But whats your beef? you are not serious about buying one, you are just trolling. Your arguments are idiotic. The dealers that stock the car do have the brochures. But i guess the spec online doesn't say its RHD so carry on with your arguments again. I mean if you really wanted to know a simple visit to the showroom or call them you would have your answer.

I suppose even if you saw the actual car at the dealer, you should still argue that it may not be RHD since its not mentioned on the brochure or the dealer is selling you a grey import car!

Continue on, I think you will reach 60,000 posts before me since you have the need to reply to everyone who doesn't reply to your satisfaction.

Give you a bit of a clue as you appear clueless. My point regarding CURRENTLY not on the Ford TH website was made on Thursday 4th. Accordingly to the dealership the website was updated over the this past weekend so try doing a bit deeper research rather than making yourself look foolish trying to make a point which you just failed miserably at. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

Give you a bit of a clue as you appear clueless. My point regarding CURRENTLY not on the Ford TH website was made on Thursday 4th. Accordingly to the dealership the website was updated over the this past weekend so try doing a bit deeper research rather than making yourself look foolish trying to make a point which you just failed miserably at. 

Part of the specs were online, they just updated the site and released the full specs after their press conference. But they still didn't state if its RHD, continue on your RHD rant please which was your whole point from the beginning and you still failed miserably at it.

A picture is worth a thousand words.... perhaps you are not a picture person ????

As soon as I can sell my current car, I will buy the 5l Mustang. Old school engine but still enjoyable and interior is also quite nice. Interesting price for such a relative powerful car. Rich kids buy other cars ..

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You go through fazes Car wise if your lucky, the Mini, the Sensible Estate when married, then enjoyable ones followed by divorce, come here buy a Clonker or 2, pretend its nice, then get old, want something fun for 2 and it costs a fortune here, and then if you do and go far from Bkk you think i wish it was a Camry/ Accord should it give a little splutter. Id love a Tang anyway.Sick of Belly Buttons.:stoner:

• Like 1

Ah the legendary 3* safety rating emerges in Thailand.....mind u in Thailand the  cars probably the least of your worries as regards  safety!!

https://www.motoring.com.au/ford-mustang-gets-three-star-ancap-rating-113027/

Then theres the famous "Eco Boom" engines as theyre known in the UK and Fords "Legendary" ( sic  joke) service quality.......maybe Ill give it a  miss, just waiting to see how the new Bi Turbo engines are now????????

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

another example of the dumping ground receiving yet another car not capable of 5 star safety

p.s. no one in our family has ever touched a Ford, since the last one, a 1934 saloon, same as the one Bonnie and Clyde died in ???? 

... although to be fair... our 1934 had more holes in the floor than B&C's had holes in the body panels...

(this is how we managed to creep into the car.. thru the open floor.

But then this paled into insignificance compared to our 'more' legendary wreck out the back of the house - a Mk3 Stuart tank. Now THAT was something I'd feel more safe in than a new Mustang! 

Edited by tifino

25 minutes ago, transam said:

Or anything else...????

Thats true, i realy dont want to know much anymore at my age, i enjoyed my younger days with Bucket, Polish n Starting Handles. Sit n Go is all i bother about now. I did enjoy helping young ones, but even they go to Service n Car Care these days.

• Like 1

Saw one in the flash in the local Lotus on display 2 days back. Looks nice enough, although the interior is still rather far away quality wise from what some competitors offer. In this price range i would be looking at an Audi TT or a Benz AMG C43 Coupe....but hey whatever floats someones boat i guess. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 6:38 AM, kannot said:

Ah the legendary 3* safety rating emerges in Thailand.....mind u in Thailand the  cars probably the least of your worries as regards  safety!!

https://www.motoring.com.au/ford-mustang-gets-three-star-ancap-rating-113027/

Then theres the famous "Eco Boom" engines as theyre known in the UK and Fords "Legendary" ( sic  joke) service quality.......maybe Ill give it a  miss, just waiting to see how the new Bi Turbo engines are now????????

Wouldn't worry so much about the engine but the gearbox. A number of cases have been reported of it failing in the ranger / raptor. Some VIN numbers are being recalled, but to me it sounds like a design problem, so it may affect all vehicles. I'd wait at least a year before even considering a ford, given their current problems. Or just buy a fortuner and forget about it.