Budweiser @ 45 Baht.

Phuket Man

14 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

I lived 5 mins from Michigan across the St Clair river in Ontario. And I am well aware of the domestic US beer and would always head to a store that sold a good craft beer. Not that water down beer that you like. Not that I.really care for Thai beer at all but that is the choice we have here.

BTW the US boys would come over to drink Canadian beer.

Yeah and in Ft Erie/Buffal border, the Canadian boys would come over to drink later as the bars in NY stayed open till 4am ????

7 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

Bought some on sale a while back. 4 bottles and was the first time in my entire life I threw ANY beer away.

Thats....harsh dude.... ????

38 minutes ago, blackhorse said:
43 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:
Thats....harsh dude.... emoji846.png

Maybe they were on sale cause they were off. Don't remember them being that bad when visiting the states

Oh they were bad in the States...its just the thought of wasting...beer *shudder*

• 4 weeks later...

buncha youngsters around here...over 30 years ago when I still lived in the US there was no such thing as 'craft beer' nor anywhere else fer that matter... a sixpack of tall buds and a half bottle of Jack Daniels would do me fine for an evening in California...

now when I think of 'craft beer' I think of a poser with a ponytail, clean clothes, new trainers and tattoos...I mostly drink Gilbey's vodka with soda and a splash of naam manao these days inna tall glass with plenty of ice...

'why is that old guy over there looking at us with undisguised disapproval?' 'don't pay no attention to him, he's fat an ain't got no teeth...'

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

amazed no one said anything about the worst beer in the world.

Michelob.

let's not stop there...what about Miller Lite? and the 'Miller Time' commercials on the TV that featured working men after a day's hard labor...I worked on loggin' crews up and down the west coast and when we stopped to buy beer after work it was usually a quart or two of cold bud and a large bag of 'Beer Nuts'...never seen no Miller's...

fraudulent advertising...disgraceful...

and then there was that Lowenbrau garbage 'here's to good friends, the night is kinda special' get outta here, pal...ye just wanna get the bitch drunk and rip off her knickers...

re: budweiser in China

I was in Changchun in PRC in 1992 for meetings with engineers from Harbin to the north where I had been previously...it was springtime and the weather was very nice unlike the winter when it is bitterly cold...and at the conclusion of our business there was the usual banquet (indescribably wonderful food) with copious amounts of the local lager beer...and I said 'very nice lager, almost as good as Harbin'...whooa Nellie, then the Harbin and the Changchun engineers went nose to nose 'he likes our beer better than yours'...and then there was snarling and violent gestures, folks in China back then were loyal to their provincial breweries, much like football clubs in England...

I was then forced to submit to the 'pepsi challenge' with blindfolded tasting of the Harbin and Changchun beers...Changchun: 'a bit sweet but quite nice...' 'Harbin: 'dry, nice and dry and that's what I prefer...' and then my minder said 'you've done it now Mr tutsi, let's get outta here tout suite while the gettin' out is good...' and we then fled to the train station for the 8hr, 150 mile trip north to Harbin...the Harbin engineers then presented me with a bag of cold Harbin beers for my refreshment during my journey...

an engineering adventure in the PRC near the end of the millennium...

and now yer tellin' me that someone is sayin' that bud light has taken over the market???...sheesh...

Heraclitus: 'there is nothing permanent except change...'

4 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

re: budweiser in China

I was in Changchun in PRC in 1992 for meetings with engineers from Harbin to the north where I had been previously...it was springtime and the weather was very nice unlike the winter when it is bitterly cold...and at the conclusion of our business there was the usual banquet (indescribably wonderful food) with copious amounts of the local lager beer...and I said 'very nice lager, almost as good as Harbin'...whooa Nellie, then the Harbin and the Changchun engineers went nose to nose 'he likes our beer better than yours'...and then there was snarling and violent gestures, folks in China back then were loyal to their provincial breweries, much like football clubs in England...

I was then forced to submit to the 'pepsi challenge' with blindfolded tasting of the Harbin and Changchun beers...Changchun: 'a bit sweet but quite nice...' 'Harbin: 'dry, nice and dry and that's what I prefer...' and then my minder said 'you've done it now Mr tutsi, let's get outta here tout suite while the gettin' out is good...' and we then fled to the train station for the 8hr, 150 mile trip north to Harbin...the Harbin engineers then presented me with a bag of cold Harbin beers for my refreshment during my journey...

an engineering adventure in the PRC near the end of the millennium...

and now yer tellin' me that someone is sayin' that bud light has taken over the market???...sheesh...

Heraclitus: 'there is nothing permanent except change...'

I spent sometime in good ol China and surprisingly the beer was amazing. It was some of the best tasting beer I ever had, went down smooth, refreshing and boy does it get you drunk.

37 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

I spent sometime in good ol China and surprisingly the beer was amazing. It was some of the best tasting beer I ever had, went down smooth, refreshing and boy does it get you drunk.

the beer that I had from the chinese provincial breweries back then couldn't be beat...the famous Tsingtao beer was pasturised and thereby gained world acceptance and export status...

with my ex many years ago she insisted that we order wine with our asian meal and I said 'whattsamatta wid ye? ye don't drink goddam wine with asian food...'...of course the restaurant didn't have any (but they did have an excellent beer selection) and then she hurled abuse sayin' that I wanted to take her out on the cheap...then she picked up a ball of wasabi from her plate and before I could stop her swallowed it whole...as the smoke was comin' out of her ears she accused me of wanting to poison her...we got married anyway against my better instincts...a feeble attempt at cosmopolitanism by an east end Glasgow girl, ye can take the girl outta Scotland but ye can't take the Barras outta the girl...being super hip and from California I discovered that too late unfortunately...

'why do you insist upon taking baths when a shower is available?' 'get outta here will ye!!!...'

Archived