Big Joke launches crackdown on illegal foreign workers and Thai nominees

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

If they just stopped them queue jumping then I’d be happy !!

When you have been in Immigration for...well... forever !! and it it’s getting close to your turn and some smarmy lady walks into Immigration wais all the IO’s and on the premise of asking a simple question sits down next to some bemused farang and while still “ chatting “ pushes her huge pile of passports and papers over the desk to be served next !! Happened to me twice last week !!

Okay, morning rant over emoji51.png

That doesn't mean she is doing anything illegal just queue jumping,many companies hire labour from ajoining countries and the factories etc stand warranty for them the office lady takes all the visas/ 90 day due and gets them stamped up. You should try a 90 day at Pratchinburi. They have three staff just on 90 days and they are working flat out I hate the reporting bit but it is the waiting that is the pain

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I don't think that a non-profit makeing business is what is being referred to here.

But good to see that it was cause for you to have a good laugh anyway....strange what makes some people happy. 

What makes you think this would only be about profit from illegal businesses and not capital held by illegal businesses?  Why would it not just be about any illegal businesses?  And it doesn't make me happy but it will make me laugh if people lose their property due to having used Thai nominees who are not actually a part of any business but have just been used by a foreigner to illegally own property, its amusing to me to see people brought to justice who are so arrogant as to think the law does not apply to them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

He is great for the Country, there should be more Cops like him to put Thailand on the right path, we all have been pulled over with no helmet or Licence ,"paid under the Table" which supports Corruption and we all criticise.

A guy like this should start at the top and work down and clean the whole joint up all for the better.

Today people will be in panic mode"unaccountable wealth" he is coming for you!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deli said:

If kicking out all foreign workers doing jobs they are not allow to do, specially those from Myanmar, the country comes to a stand still, as the locals just don't wanna do these jobs.

Bit like Brexit....

• Like 2

Wait, they actually said that? I was in Thailand during that time and don’t remember the reds or yellows suggesting that foreigners should be kicked out. And none of their disagreements were around foreigners. 

A Google search for this only shows your post. 

Never heard of Thai rak Thai party?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arkady said:

No mention of boiler room boys who employ people without work permits to commit fraud. He could show sincerity by going after these as a priority.

He is the head of immigration, why do you think it would be sincere of immigration to abandon their job and go chasing fraud cases? 

31 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

Wait, they actually said that? I was in Thailand during that time and don’t remember the reds or yellows suggesting that foreigners should be kicked out. And none of their disagreements were around foreigners. 

Are you kidding me? You dont remember this. It was all over the Thai press. They nicknamed then the dinosaur generals. Parading and speaking at their protest at the stadium next to MBK. People laughed at them, then they morphed into the street protest show ponied by suthep, still the dinosaur generals pulling the strings.

the reason why they were laughed at, was saying such things as,

"closing down Thailand for 5 years," 

"rid Thailand of foreigners"

They had thousands of protesters cheering them. 

You can see from their rhetoric what they meant, control thailand for 5 years and put in place mechanisms to stay in power longer, and make life a whole lot more uncomfortable for foreigners.....

13 hours ago, swissie said:

"Those acting as nominees would be further investigated to cast the net wider."

Once he decides to "cast the net wider", going after "nominees" and their Farang customers having formed companies to "legally own" property,

WATCH OUT BELOW........!

Ahhh so you are renting? Well lets hope the net doesn't get the landlord you are renting from as you may find yourself homeless!

42 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

It's all Humbug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Wonder if the "agents" arranging retirement visas and the like for people without the requsite funds are getting nervous now ?

There was a thread on this just recently and it appears that these agents have access to the chief IMO at that office and he has special dispensation to allow them to deposit funds on behalf of the applicant (and remove it again) so apparently not "illegal"...………..if I understood this correctly?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Foreigners arrested came from China, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, Palestine, Syria and Nigeria.

Im "so" surprised, guess generalisations arent such a bad thing

5 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Wonder if the "agents" arranging retirement visas and the like for people without the requsite funds are getting nervous now ?

They will just take a holiday for a couple of weeks...

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i respect that. having a "hobby" house you can walk away from and not be ruined is OK.

My home build cost me 500k I dont think it will bankrupt me...not that its mine anyway

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, xylophone said:

There was a thread on this just recently and it appears that these agents have access to the chief IMO at that office and he has special dispensation to allow them to deposit funds on behalf of the applicant (and remove it again) so apparently not "illegal"...………..if I understood this correctly?

thats the way i understand it also .

4 years ago thats the way my lawyer explained it to me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Can you imagine "owning" a house in Thailand and reading this? I can't. :cheesy: 

No problem, foreigners can own a house – I would be more skeptic if owing land by a Thai company limited based on nominees.

15 minutes ago, sirmud63 said:

thats the way i understand it also .

4 years ago thats the way my lawyer explained it to me.

Ok ,i read that and see what you mean.Also just read online somewhere else that 2  high ranked immigration officers just got removed for doing just that.Who to believe?

12 hours ago, humbug said:

show pony for the gang of thieves, clearly going to enjoy his new greater wealth, but always cast your minds back 6 years to the protest at the stadium next to MBK; when the show ponies puppet masters were saying such delights as,

"shutting down Thailand for 5 years and rid Thailand of foreigners,"

or in other words make it a lot more uncomfortable for foreigners; and the crazed protesters cheered with joy

He is going to be a very busy man, grey hairs are already starting to appear 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jvs said:

Ok ,i read that and see what you mean.Also just read online somewhere else that 2  high ranked immigration officers just got removed for doing just that.Who to believe?

Can you post a link to that please?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Teacher said:

He is going to be a very busy man, grey hairs are already starting to appear 

well they did call the show ponies masters on that racist rally,the dinosaur generals, so "grey hairs"would be extremely prevalent with that bunch