Trump likely to win whether or not Kavanaugh is confirmed

webfact

Just yesterday, while at one of his silly rallies, Trump referred to the people who opposed Krazy Kav as being evil. So, now 60% of the American population is evil.

If this imbecile would just stop and reflect for one moment, before he said such inane dribble, he would be far less repugnant. He preaches to his base, who regard him as a spiritual master. But, the majority of the population in the US, and 90% of the population worldwide, knows better. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, stud858 said:

That's, the problem. People think to much.

Australia has gone through 7 leaders in about 10 years(?). And it's not because each leader was evil   Hope US doesn't follow suit.

When individuals put their conclusions above democracy it all falls apart.  Well not really.  Completely remove government for years and society keeps functioning. 

Do we need a government?.  Maybe just a dictator.  Maybe Trump will deny a democratic vote next election. Now,  that would be evil. If that happens I'll jump on your bandwagon. Until then God bless the United states of America, and God bless Trump. 

The USA has only had one President who didn't complete their term because of being impeached, so it's not really much of a risk. Where exactly have you seen where government has been removed completely and society continues to function? I don't mean in movies. This is just another facile viewpoint that ignores history and facts. 

As to your points about democracy, you seem to misunderstand how it is supposed to function. Individuals do not just have the right to oppose the elected party and President, that's actually a critical part of the system. If your memory allows, recall the previous President and your likely views of him. They're of course supposed to do so within the limits of the law, but so should and must the elected representatives and President. 

Conservatives used to tell us that they had core Christian values that were immutable and based on strong traditional moral and ethical standards. And then of course they tell us that God is on their side as they follow a philandering, sexual assaulting, lying, cheating, scumbag who very likely conspired with the Russians (who have compromised him) to pervert American democracy. Ronnie Raygun is spinning in his grave.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, JCauto said:

Where exactly have you seen where government has been removed completely and society continues to function? I 

Thailand. While the coup was going.  

Id love to spend a day with all the politicians to see how little they do.  I mean action.  Not just talk talk talk.. Fight fight fight..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

He could have just said that he suggests a detailed FBI investigation about him at that time. He could have urged his friends to fully support the FBI with details about the parties, all the kegs of beer, etc. And obviously the FBI should have enough time for such an investigation.

That could have cleared his name and his reputation.

Now why didn't he do that? ...

Probably because he knows that the opposition won't accept any investigation that clears him, and will keep up the inquisition against him regardless.

What has the parties, all the kegs of beer, etc. got to do with anything? if that counted, no rich kid would ever be allowed to get a high ranked job. Come to it, most western kids drink a lot when they can. It's what they do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

He could have just said that he suggests a detailed FBI investigation about him at that time. He could have urged his friends to fully support the FBI with details about the parties, all the kegs of beer, etc. And obviously the FBI should have enough time for such an investigation.

That could have cleared his name and his reputation.

Now why didn't he do that? ...

Probably because he knows that the opposition won't accept any investigation that clears him, and will keep up the inquisition against him regardless.

What has the parties, all the kegs of beer, etc. got to do with anything? if that counted, no rich kid would ever be allowed to get a high ranked job. Come to it, most western kids drink a lot when they can. It's what they do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The parties and beer are not a problem. Lying under oath is a big problem - especially for a judge - and especially for a judge with a life time job in the highest court.

He could have said something like: Yes, when I was young I often got drunk with my friends. We partied and we had a good time. And maybe we kissed a girl or two which was not really exited about that.

That is probably nearer to the truth (just my idea). Nobody would have denied him the job for that. Probably people would have said it's good that he tells the truth even if it does not present him in the perfect light.

But this is not what he said. According to him he was never really drunk...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The parties and beer are not a problem. Lying under oath is a big problem - especially for a judge - and especially for a judge with a life time job in the highest court.

He could have said something like: Yes, when I was young I often got drunk with my friends. We partied and we had a good time. And maybe we kissed a girl or two which was not really exited about that.

That is probably nearer to the truth (just my idea). Nobody would have denied him the job for that. Probably people would have said it's good that he tells the truth even if it does not present him in the perfect light.

But this is not what he said. According to him he was never really drunk...

I didn't drink my first beer until my mid twenties even though I used to go to parties(in teens) and hang out at bars(after 21) talking to random people and hanging out with friends.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1