Has Samui Gone To The "dogs"?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this snippet from travel Fish sums the situation up perfectly

"With over a million visitors a year, Ko Samui's inadequate infrastructure is at breaking point, yet development continues unabated. Huge swathes of land are cordoned off for developers to slap up massive "luxurious" residential compounds -- well away from the chaotic mess some of the beachside developments have become. Then, as Ko Samui's first million-dollar house was sold, the lure of big bucks has even more developers scrambling for a piece of the action.

As the lush inland areas are deforested and concreted, topsoil run-off blights the roads in wet-season -- even a short downpour leaves many roads awash in red water -- areas such as Bophut and Chaweng flood in an instant. At times you can really be left scratching your head wondering if anyone really cares about what a mess parts of the island have become."

no need to say anymore really

I think my opinion concurs with many more acclaimed writers and websites .

I havn't seen anything in print to back kettles opinion up

Just got in, and yabs post here is fact, I've lived here since 96, I should know. but too many feel that it's a no-no to say ANYTHING bad about samui, I wonlder why? :o

you have lived here since 96 and come back every 3 months yet you think 'Samui has gone to the dogs" why do you keep coming back instead of doing everyone on Samui a big favour by staying away!

Simple if you don't like it get a life and move on!

Got a life, and I'll move on when I feel like it!-Bleeding :D Flammers! I didn't ask U to leave, HOW childish can U get???

Edited by SamuiJens

That's it. I've had enough. I certainly hope everyone else has too. :o

Just to clarify, this thread is being closed because it seems impossible for most members to carry on a dialogue without resorting to personal attacks on other members. Since rational discussion has deteriorated into the usual flaming, name calling and "if you don't like it go home" non-argument, the thread is closed.

****CLOSED****