Backing from senators puts Kavanaugh on track for U.S. Supreme Court

rooster59

54 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Tell source of this pic, please.

However, the pictured woman is not Dr. Ford, but rather Lyudmyla Kozlovska, a Ukrainian human rights activist seen below with her husband Bartosz Kramek at an anti-government protest in Warsaw in 2017:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ford-george-soros/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A sad day he is straight up to partisan And that sham investigation leaves me unconvinced he dident overpower that child and feel her up im not convinced he did it eather btw 

Edited by Tug
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, stevenl said:

A good investigation would reach a much clearer conclusion and would have talked to the accuser, accused, other accusers, maybe polygraph of the accused, etc. This was flawed from the get go, and just a way to get out of this. Flake should have shown backbone, and all republican senators should show backbone now after the terrible performance of BK at the hearing.

I agree with you 100%. However, one side called for the fbi investigation and now can’t complain about the outcome and that it didn’t turn out like they expected once the fbi finished it. They can complain about the fbi process, but that’s a different issue. 

I agree with with many other posters - his entire attitude during the questioning was like a child. 

Edited by ncc1701d

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

A serious investigation would have reached a much clearer conclusion than ' more likely than not'.

At this length of time since the event, and with no serious witnesses supporting Ford, I doubt there was any evidence for an investigation to find proving it one way or the other. It's all hearsay and she said he said. If in doubt, the verdict must be not guilty.

However, this is going to make the liberals melt down.

If Kavenaugh is approved, Trump has done the job he wanted to do, even if he loses or does not stand in 2020.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ncc1701d said:

I agree with you 100%. However, one side called for the fbi investigation and now can’t complain about the outcome and that it didn’t turn out like they expected once the fbi finished it. They can complain about the fbi process, but that’s a different issue. 

I agree with with many other posters - his entire attitude during the questioning was like a child. 

Yes, the call was for an FBI investigation. I'm sure they would have preferred a real investigation though, where the accuser, accused, other accusers etc would have been interviewed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

At this length of time since the event, and with no serious witnesses supporting Ford, I doubt there was any evidence for an investigation to find proving it one way or the other. It's all hearsay and she said he said. If in doubt, the verdict must be not guilty.

However, this is going to make the liberals melt down.

If Kavenaugh is approved, Trump has done the job he wanted to do, even if he loses or does not stand in 2020.

So in your opinion an investigation where the accuser, accused, other accusers are not interviewed has any value?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, milwaukeeboy said:

I listened to his testimony and think he was way too excited when talking about how much he likes beer.

What an excellent choice for a judge, can't go wrong with a white straight beer drinking man. I bet he eats meat, too.

Edited by DrTuner
typo
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Ah! The self proclaimed leader of the free world! It's ok to grab a ????????!  Onward and upward! God bless America!

Pretty sure he said you had to be rich and famous to get away with pussy grabbing.... (and shooting someone on the street, for fornications sake) so... god bless elitist rich Americans.

those not in that category will be treated differently.... and that’s the america you have

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Yes, the call was for an FBI investigation. I'm sure they would have preferred a real investigation though, where the accuser, accused, other accusers etc would have been interviewed.

What would happen under normal circumstances (without all the Supreme Court circus), if normal every day people would have made the same accusation?

I just find the whole scenario regarding vetting Judge Kavanaugh filled with mostly political nonsense-  Let's not forget Kavanaugh was an associate counsel to Ken Starr and was ultimately responsible for the evidence which impeached Bill Clinton. Obviously, there is alot of 'bad feelings' left over from that incident.  

It is extremely suspicious that  at the eleventh hour- a 'witness' who wants to remain anonymous appears- the Democratic leader on the Judiciary Committee has the letter for over 30 days- never gives it to the Republican majority member to order an FBI investigation. Finally,  Dr Ford is outed, provided with a lawyer recommended by the Democrats and is slated to tell her story./

I watched the complete  vetting of both Ford and Kavanaugh.  At no time did anyone ever ask Dr. Ford how she came to know Kavanaugh. They never asked had they ever met at any time before the incident. They never asked how Dr. Ford came to know  Mark  Judge who she alleges was in the room.  It is also interesting to note that not one person can remember a party (supposedly there were 4 other persons there) where K and all the other people were together.

I do believe Dr Ford suffered some kind of assault. I do not believe it was Kavanaugh and that somehow she has 'imagined' that it was he. While the latest FBI vetting found no corroboration of any assault by K- it's scope was limited . I would not vote against K based upon an allegation that cannot or was not proved.   The same with the other allegations from women-  not proven.

In regards to his drinking- he drank alot of beer- got drunk- sometimes stumbled. Let's remember this was High School and College.   However, he seemed to be sober enough to pass a very difficult  test to become a lawyer, He has held high positions in Government with an impeccable record for 26 years.   Never anyone making charges of  sexual harassment or drunken behavior. Again. I can't see voting against him for liking beer.

So, now we have his  testimony-  I don't see any lies but I do see a man angry and irritated and at times flippant. However, being under tremendous pressure and attacked  for what maybe a politically motivated  reason  might make one pretty angry.  He did later 'apologize' in writing  an Op Ed piece in the Wall Street  Journal.  I could;t vote against him simply for this.

However, I could possibly vote against him for his ultra conservative approach to legal arguments and interpretation of the Constitution.  He is technically qualified to be on the Supreme Court.

The real problem we have is the  huge divisions in the country between Repubs and Dems who want to win at all costs.  There appears to be no co-operation; no concept of fairness and decency; a rush to judgement and all fueled by a President that lacks any morality; comportment; truth and a desire to fulfill the wishes and desires of the people.  

My final comment for Trump and both the Dems and Repubs is simply this:  It's not about YOU-  it has to be about US- The people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ncc1701d said:

What would happen under normal circumstances (without all the Supreme Court circus), if normal every day people would have made the same accusation?

Considering a lifetime appointment to the SC is by definition not equatable with "normal circumstances".