Video: Head on collision just avoided on Saraburi bridge

rooster59

32 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Agree, That’s just Thai way. Isn’t first time I must slow down and stop my car and

happened to me two weeks ago, the same situation. Usually I drive (car and bike) looking at right, left, back, front... and top!

One of these days...... I’ll dissapear from this world becouse of these killers.????

"One of these days.."

Possibly..

I was run off the road twice before I learned my lesson..

Yet there is a thread running at the moment extolling the Thai incapacity to actually think.Apparently some Westerners postulate that being squashed like a bug is a splendid tribute to Thai intellectual capabilities.

• Like 2

Time for drivers to understand the meaning of double yellow lines !!  Time for the police to have 30 second driving tips on TV........ with graphic pictures/videos of the results of not obeying the rules of the road . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Humpy said:

Time for drivers to understand the meaning of double yellow lines !!  Time for the police to have 30 second driving tips on TV........ with graphic pictures/videos of the results of not obeying the rules of the road . 

Yup - simple for 'farang' but not understood by Thai authority, sadly. Where there is no will, there is no way!

• Like 2

On 10/6/2018 at 9:57 AM, Dmaxdan said:

"I'm bigger than you so get out of my way!"  Sadly, this sort of behavior is way more common on Thai roads than any form of courtesy.  

When I first came here 20 years ago now, 2-3 of us were talking and  driving come up, someone asked what are  the driving rules in Thailand, some who had been here a while said "The bigger you are the more right of way you have ", something I have never forgotten,and it is still true to this day, and for the next 20 years .

Welcome to Thailand.

• Like 1