After fight that split U.S., Kavanaugh wins place on Supreme Court

rooster59

27 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

You're right. It was rhetorical in the sense that it wasn't really a question at all but an accusation.

Yes, bravo for picking up on that, very clever.  I'll go one further for you, it probably wasn't a pro-Trump administration or pro Republican

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

No candidate put forth by President Trump will ever be "Unquestioned".

Duh

no candidate put forward by any president, at any time, should go unquestioned, under your constitution

But damn... is that the new position you advocate?

first the republicans change the judicial committee voting criteria with their majority, now your suggesting getting rid of the committee altogether, to circumvent questioning ( because that’s how y’all have to do it)... bravo... drain the swamp ????????????

3 hours ago, puck2 said:

What a shame for The USA.

Under Trump America is going

down

down     

down.

What a shame for the world, as we see America go

down

...........down

.......................down

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Kavanaugh was not ‘found innocent’.

The FBI did not conduct an ‘investigation’, they undertook an additional background check, the White House set the terms and limitations of that ‘background check’.

The many allegations against Kavanaugh (sexual assault, perjury, financial and tax crimes) have not been investigated by the FBI.

Well not yet anyway.

Neither was he found guilty! 

Dr Ford was not found guilty of making false accusations and perjury either.  Yet. 

There was no evidence that any of the allegations made against him by her or other clowns had any credibility at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Morch said:

Other than in your imagination and troll posts, I don't think the wide-brush about those on the left were "so sure of themselves". Some were, for sure, but most realistic commentary was pretty much in line with how things unfolded - as in Kavanaugh bound to be confirmed regardless of anything.

Problem is... this is what the rabid right doesn’t understand, or choose to ignore, when “winning” is the ultimate goal, vs the concept of serving the people, regardless of the cost

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Neither was he found guilty! 

Dr Ford was not found guilty of making false accusations and perjury either.  Yet. 

There was no evidence that any of the allegations made against him by her or other clowns had any credibility at all.

Ergo.... investigate transparently... seems obvious really

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikeasq60 said:

In America there is an unalienable right to innocence until proven quilty and is known as the adversarial form of justice. In Europe as I'm sure in Thailand its called the Inquisitorial (INQUISITION) form of justice, quilty first and prove innocence later. Like what occurred in the dark ages of Europe looking for witches. Justice Kavanaugh congratulations!

you are rather wrong here, maybe in some areas of America like Canada or Chile or Ecuador,

but definitely not in the US of A.

That all ended by midget-Bush and 9/11.

After; the rule is guilty until proven innocent. Look to Cuba for evidence. AND this is largely accepted by the US legal framework.

US uniformed killers and killers in disguise travelling the world kidnapping muslims they do not like

and dumping them in Cuba - no law and order - plenty of torture and waterboarding.

shame on US may you fare worse than most

What did Flake say! He wanted a extra week for the  scoped FBI 302's, right! He was seen bro-ing it up with  Dem Sen. Andrew Coons after his decision to appease the Dem's.

He has condemned PT many times !

He could of had a McCain moment! But  he didn't !

Also  DEM Sen.Manchen from WV. voting Yes!

if the 302's showed a different result ,he surely would of voted no , it would of been the right thing to do!

26 minutes ago, farcanell said:

What a shame for the world, as we see America go

down

...........down

.......................down

Really, Europe is following the same path but I feel they are little more passionate than we are in the US. Citizens fed up with liberal, ridicules policies sorry I went off on a tangent here away from Justice Kavanaugh. Now we know of former Pres Bill Clintons sexual antics that's the real news not Justice Kavanaugh. Lets see if anything comes of his trepidations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

you are rather wrong here, maybe in some areas of America like Canada or Chile or Ecuador,

but definitely not in the US of A.

That all ended by midget-Bush and 9/11.

After; the rule is guilty until proven innocent. Look to Cuba for evidence. AND this is largely accepted by the US legal framework.

US uniformed killers and killers in disguise travelling the world kidnapping muslims they do not like

and dumping them in Cuba - no law and order - plenty of torture and waterboarding.

shame on US may you fare worse than most

So what Cuba offends you?

16 minutes ago, riclag said:

What did Flake say! He wanted a extra week for the  scoped FBI 302's, right! He was seen bro-ing it up with  Dem Sen. Andrew Coons after his decision to appease the Dem's.

He has condemned PT many times !

He could of had a McCain moment! But  he didn't !

Also  DEM Sen.Manchen from WV. voting Yes!

if the 302's showed a different result ,he surely would of voted no , it would of been the right thing to do!

No it wouldn't the dems were buying time. There was absolutely nothing the FBI said so. The dems were beating a dead horse. Think of this to there's a very good chance President Trump will be nominating another Justice to the US Supreme Court. Think of the possibilities, YIPPEE!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Guilty until proven innocent is a doctrine that applies to criminal cases in the courts of law. This was not such a case. When somebody applies for a job and you disbelieve something he or she says, do you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this is the case? Try to remember that Kavanaugh was applying for a job, not facing a possible verdict of guily followed by some sort of legal penalty.

Well the Senate Dems were treating this case as a criminal trial, so the same standards as a criminal case were being followed. Innocent till proven guilty! Not Guilty and prove innocence that's one reason the Pilgrims left the UK for Massachusetts

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

No surprise really.  America seems to have lost it's moral compass completely when it comes to this shower in the White House.  let's see if the good people of America respond.

respond to what, more of the same or less drama!

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Trump said on Saturday he was "100 percent" certain that Ford named the wrong person when she accused Kavanaugh.

\

Yeah sure, now I feel better.  How many hundreds of times has he failed a fact check and been on the wrong side of issues regarding sexual misconduct?  He couldn't even get it right with Charlottesville or in Helsinki.     

Edited by helpisgood
typo

latest is ford is not going to follow through on this even though there is no statute of limitations where it occurred, why is that, does she now realize that after the investigation and the fbi talking to her so called witnesses she will be caught out, we can only wonder. There was never any proof it happened apart from her statement and that was shown to be questionable, also there are rumours that certain democrat politicians were further involved than declared and will be investigated, dont know if this is fact but even fords statement was not fact, it was only what she claimed happened, the only evidence brought forward was by the so called witnesses who said it never happened. Will be interesting to see what happens now and if there is any fbi follow up and charges as I am sure it will not simply go away especially with fords fbi friend that tried to get one witness to change her story, really think their is going to be some interesting revelations that one side is not going to like at all, maybe even some resignations

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Duh

no candidate put forward by any president, at any time, should go unquestioned, under your constitution

But damn... is that the new position you advocate?

first the republicans change the judicial committee voting criteria with their majority, now your suggesting getting rid of the committee altogether, to circumvent questioning ( because that’s how y’all have to do it)... bravo... drain the swamp ????????????

Where did I say I would eliminate questioning? 

As to your last point...ever heard of Harry Reid?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Because those candidates put forth by Democratic presidents do go "unquestioned". Did you really mean that seriously?

Well...Garland kind of did go "unquestioned"...if you catch my drift!

Edited by DM07
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

What is it Nezhov?

Why are you sad?

Because you see the deep unfairness of the GOP to not even have a hearing for Merrick Garland and simply refused to confirm President Obamas pick for the SCOTUS?

Or what is your problem?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Where did I say I would eliminate questioning? 

As to your last point...ever heard of Harry Reid?

By argumentatively pointing out that any nominee would be questioned, you appear opposed to that process... if not, why make the comment?

re Reid.... your point is what?

2 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Really, Europe is following the same path but I feel they are little more passionate than we are in the US. Citizens fed up with liberal, ridicules policies sorry I went off on a tangent here away from Justice Kavanaugh. Now we know of former Pres Bill Clintons sexual antics that's the real news not Justice Kavanaugh. Lets see if anything comes of his trepidations.

The real story, as far as I’m concerned, as an outsider looking in, is the trending decisions and attitudes of the current administrations.

kavanaugh... plus another republican justice, if another is needed, is a non issue.... its about the WH supporting and promoting division....division in justice nominations... in world trade... in international treaties... in attitudes to women... in unilateral actions that impact both enemies and allies... in applying sanctions against others.... you have a proven liar in chief, who is loosing the trust of the world and creating instability.... that’s the real story

who really cares if Clinton got a consensual blow job.... a non issue

europe? Even less of an issue.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

What is it Nezhov?

Why are you sad?

Because you see the deep unfairness of the GOP to not even have a hearing for Merrick Garland and simply refused to confirm President Obamas pick for the SCOTUS?

Or what is your problem?

No because I see Merrick Garland as having nothing to do with the issue at hand. Im sad because you dont realize that.

34 minutes ago, farcanell said:

By argumentatively pointing out that any nominee would be questioned, you appear opposed to that process... if not, why make the comment?

re Reid.... your point is what?

1. Its called irony.

2. If you dont understand why I mentioned Harry Reid, then you shouldnt have raised procedural issues

54 minutes ago, GOPinThailand said:

Great leadership by President Trump. A lessor man would have pulled Kavanuagh and submitted a woman candidate at first sign of trouble. Trump saw the advantage of sticking with Kavanaugh(the best choice) and rallying Republicans. He’s an amazing political genius. 

And he has a conservative woman and an Asian American waiting in the wings. Cant wait for the next one, although I wish nothing but good health for Justice Ginsburg.

• Like 2