why are we here in Thailand lets not forget.

KKBrian

48 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:

I didn't say your wife was a prostitute, however the majority of farangs who have married thais have married prostitutes.

How do you know this to be true?

Here on TV forum, probably, judging from the conversations. But this forum is a small sampling and attracts a certain kind of person willing to spend significant time here and even engage such conversations.

I've read in government surveys that the % of women involved either directly or indirectly in Thailand's sex industry is somewhere between 1 1/2 % and 3% of the female population. I also read premise that 15% to 20% of Thai women have, at one point or another, been somehow involved in the tourist service industry, which may or may not been related to sex work.

By either measure, the vast majority of Thai women are not nor have ever been prostitutes.

Edited by YogaVeg

8 hours ago, Nemises said:

For me it’s the cheap rent.
Back “home” I would be paying 40,000b per month, here in Thailand I pay 4,000b per month.
So there’s 36,000 benefits.

If you are paying 4,000b per month in thailand the room most be  terrible .

thais live for that money a month and I have seen them first hand and there are a joke of a place.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Calembeena11 said:

If you are paying 4,000b per month in thailand the room most be  terrible .

thais live for that money a month and I have seen them first hand and there are a joke of a place.

Wow, you know all.....????

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

Here on TV forum, probably, judging from the conversations. But this forum is a small sampling and attracts a certain kind of person willing to spend significant time here and even engage such conversations.

I've read in government surveys that the % of women involved either directly or indirectly in Thailand's sex industry is somewhere between 1 1/2 % and 3% of the female population. I also read premise that 15% to 20% of Thai women have, at one point or another, been somehow involved in the tourist service industry, which may or may not been related to sex work.

By either measure, the vast majority of Thai women are not nor have ever been prostitutes.

The best means of defense is attack.

It is a Western thing  which indicates why they have spent the last  1,000 years slaughtering each other-without pity  or remorse.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=are+we+the+baddies

Edited by Odysseus123

29 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

I agree with most of what you say .

but how can you trust a  Survey in thailand? .

i believe women in thailand not sure how many try out the sex  Industry and not like it , but you read on  Google thailand is one of the biggest sex  industries in the world.

2 minutes ago, Calembeena11 said:

Why I know all that because I have been living in thailand off and on for 10 years.

and have seen how thais live in  terrible accommodation at 4,000b a month, pig  styles 

Well don't stay with them...????

17 minutes ago, Calembeena11 said:

I have been to lots of provinces in thailand, and the ones at 4,000 b a month are pig  styles . 

Sorry, but even in cities you can rent a room with bathroom for that price, and make it look nice.

Of course, if there are more than 2 people living in a small room, that's another story.

3 minutes ago, Calembeena11 said:

What are you going on about?

Well I was thinking the same about your posts...

How about a farang I know with money that in his place is a pig sty, how about Thais I know that live in a basic place that is clean and respectable....?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I was thinking the same about your posts...

How about a farang I know with money that in his place is a pig sty, how about Thais I know that live in a basic place that is clean and respectable....?

All I am saying for 4,000b a mouth the room is going to be  terrible .

why would you live in thailand in a room playing 4,000b a month.

why would you want to live like a poor thai , if you are from the west and you have money.

39 minutes ago, Calembeena11 said:

I agree with most of what you say .

but how can you trust a  Survey in thailand? 

Well, the first thing I do is look to credible sources then try to determine a bias. In the case of the studies I looked at on this matter, they were government STD info sites. 

They had large sampling and were done with people who were dealing with HIV infection, fighting for their lives. Gives the data some credibility imho.

Edited by YogaVeg
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YogaVeg said:

Well, apparently you are " a certain kind of person willing to spend significant time here and even engage such conversations".

You appear like someone who has just entered a living room and start to criticise the people sitting there without knowing anyone or anything :coffee1:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps we are all not hi-so's like yourself who bring farangland mentality to LOS..

YET, you know a 4000bht room is crap, does that mean YOU tell folk YOU pay out loads for a room to keep up with YOUR hi-so-ness..?

Got nothing to do with hi-so like you say , 

It’s about a great life and not living , like a poor thai .

you go to thailand for a better life in a poor country, not live like someone poor in a poor country.

not all of thailand is poor but lots are 

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, apparently you are " a certain kind of person willing to spend significant time here and even engage such conversations".

You appear like someone who has just entered a living room and start to criticise the people sitting there without knowing anyone or anything :coffee1:

Spot on.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Calembeena11 said:

Why I know all that because I have been living in thailand off and on for 10 years.

and have seen how thais live in  terrible accommodation at 4,000b a month, pig  styles 

BS. I pay 5,000 a month for a 3 bedroom 2 bath townhouse and it's huge. Far from a pig sty.

If I wanted cheaper I could still get a smaller townhouse for 4k and it would still be decent.

I have a Thai buddy paying 1800 baht a month and his place is decent but no kitchen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

BS. I pay 5,000 a month for a 3 bedroom 2 bath townhouse and it's huge. Far from a pig sty.

If I wanted cheaper I could still get a smaller townhouse for 4k and it would still be decent.

I have a Thai buddy paying 1800 baht a month and his place is decent but no kitchen.

That sounds like a great deal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I'm curious why you would even bother to write that. ????

You would far more interesting and relevant to just focus on the topic.

We both know you are baiting, but you read it wrong.

The conversations I was referring to (not this one) are those of heartbreak and sob story by farangs in relationships with sex workers, and it was a relevant comment to the prior conversation.

You seem to be accusing me of taking a holier-than-tho attitude about all conversations on TV, which isn't the case. 

This is a decent valid thread.

I don't engage in bar girl or prostitution threads (tho sometimes skim them for amusement) as that isn't a world I choose to live in.

• Confused 1