Marriage and property questions

dac1

Hi I will marry whit thai ladie next year but she is worried because has told me tan if we marrry maybe he can have problems if she wants to do something whit their property  like a bank credit or another similars(she told me that maybe the bank wants my signature too or the operation can not be done)

I still have to stay working in Europe and can not travel alll the time only 1 or 2 months per year not more so I want the opinión from farang in similar situation or a lawyer living in thailand the reason of marriage is tan she can travel to shengen eurozone whitout problems we are together from 2010 so quite confidence exists can anyone help me?? prenuptial agreement can solve this whit separations of properties included?

Of the reason for marrying your GF is that she can then get a Schengen visa without any problem, then it most certainly is not enough nor is it necessary. If you can prove to any Schengen country embassy in Thailand that you are permanent partners, she will be treated like your wife, for visa purposes.

SHe can always travel to Europe, on tourist visa for 3 months max.

If she hasnt money, you are the guarantor in all. Its in the appliance of the visa.

Depending which country, the embassies are mostly in BK. She has to go there for visa and you ll have to provide the official invitation letter.

It really doesnt matter if you are married or not, papers have to be correct.

For Holland you need prove of tickets, in out, invitation letter form your place, a health insurance for the time she is with you (you can have one in your own country), prove of own money (if she has) otherwise you are guarantor and totally responsible. ALso for the costs of tracking her down if she is running away.

For money to loan, very wise to have both signatures on the loan then, when married. Property in her name will always be in her (Thai) name, you never get the land, also not when divorcing again. ALWAYS. If she has property and she wants you to keep it, after she dies for instance, you need usufruct. DOnt know about your future plans, if you want to live in Thailand. 

However your property? Depends on where you marry again, Holland changed rules in it, but dont know about other countries. Check your country and check Thailand. Where  are you going to live, Europe? Long term visa, then you need more, for Holland she needs to study Dutch and do exam in it. You need to follow rules for long term visa.

And dont think you are married its easier. I once was (mistaken) married with Indonesian woman, already lived here, had to go back. But after marriage (Indonesia), just on piece of paper wasnt there, deliver in time or otherwise get out !

Married or not. 

Prenuptial is though a very wise thing to do for yourself. You are together since 2010, however it isnt a guarantee. Nowadays people divorce being together even 50 years. Its a strange world.

Best to see what Embassy says for visa and that. Your decision to 

marry or not solely your decision.

I’m from US and if not married and trying to get a visa is not easy. Even if you are married it’s not all that easy. Example I wrote an invitation letter for the US denied visa two times. I calle consulate 

in China and had to go there because I questioned why. 

Get there’s at ACS and asked why? Shown the very first page of a stack of documents I provided. Officer said this look to be a fake. Told them I wrote it 5 minutes later officer said have her come back visa approved.

My point being some countries can be a big pain..

On 10/7/2018 at 5:55 PM, dac1 said:

she is worried because has told me tan if we marrry maybe he can have problems if she wants to do something whit their property  like a bank credit or another similars(she told me that maybe the bank wants my signature too or the operation can not be done)

This concerns me.   Why is there a bank asking for your signature? 

I know you have been together since 2010 but at 1-2 months a year that means 20% of the time.  I say this part time relationship is less meaningful than 1 continuous year. 

Have you really asked her about her debt?   I woukd not give any bank my signature.  

Others have said you don't need marriage for visa.    

I say no reason to get married.   If it's worked ok for you for 8 years why change things

• Like 1