Chinese Mob at CM Immigration

Xavnel

44 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Even some of the old sticklers I know that a year ago swore they would never use agents, are now using agents.

Yup, used a visa agent for the first time today for my retirement extension. In at 3pm, out at 4:15pm with the Visa and Re-Entry, and a few thousand baht lighter. It was worth it, considering the uncomfortable and uncertain conditions I would have had to endure. Life's too short, but I really hope they can get their act together by next year for the sake of everyone.

1 hour ago, naboo said:

Said it before, immigration should give out queue tickets for the next day.

Problem solved.

Only if they hand out tickets to the actual persons requiring services at immigration and not to any third parties. But then of course they are only issuing a certain number of slots per day for each category of service required, which means there will still be those queuing from the early hours to obtain numbers, only one day in advance.   

• Like 1

Just now, cyberfarang said:

Only if they hand out tickets to the actual persons requiring services at immigration and not to any third parties. But then of course they are only issuing a certain number of slots per day for each category of service required, which means there will still be those queuing from the early hours to obtain numbers, only one day in advance.   

Agreed. It will just turn it into a two-day ordeal...

Having visited China many times I can tell you this is completely normal behaviour. I expereinced it within minutes of landing at Guangzhou airport on my very first visit. The queue for the taxi's was pretty large so we joined the end. Luckily it had barriers on both sides to stop people jumping in, however, my partner and I were amazed that the queuing Chinese behind us constsantly kept trying to quielty shuffle past us in the queue. And not just on one occassion but many occassions. Obviously we weren't having it and so blocked the lane to stop them doing this. There is no shame or embarassment on their behalf - it is completely normal to them.

I often wondered why they behave like this and I concluded that living in a country with SO many people you simply do not have time to respect other people's time.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

It was interesting to observe, on a recent trip to Hong Kong, the reaction of anger on the part of HK Chinese against the rude & obstreperous mainland Chinese who tried to jump the long tourist queues. My HK friends really detest the mainlanders.
I have friends in Singapore and Malaysia who are ethnic Chinese and they dislike the mainland Chinese and their rudeness so much that they only refer to them as PRCs (Peoples Republic of China).

Sent from my SM-T719Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

10 hours ago, searcher22 said:

Yup, used a visa agent for the first time today for my retirement extension. In at 3pm, out at 4:15pm with the Visa and Re-Entry, and a few thousand baht lighter. It was worth it, considering the uncomfortable and uncertain conditions I would have had to endure. Life's too short, but I really hope they can get their act together by next year for the sake of everyone.

Lack of action by immigration to address the queuing problem appears to be designed to do exactly that, force people in to the hands of agents.

Where is a good BJ when you need one?

I have only used agents to facilitate my Visa requirements since I moved here. I have the funds to do so and I value my time so queing up for a number and sitting on my ar..se for hours on end ain't in the cards. As the situation gets worse at Immigration despite the move back I believe more and more people are going to be forced to use Agents if just for the sake of avoiding those Chinese with absolutely no manners. I have had my run ins with them in various cases and it's always been the same thing they try to cut the line. Not going to happen and I get right in their faces and let them have it, at 189cm and 92K they are going back off and take their places all the the rest.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lipflipper said:

I have only used agents to facilitate my Visa requirements since I moved here. I have the funds to do so and I value my time so queing up for a number and sitting on my ar..se for hours on end ain't in the cards. As the situation gets worse at Immigration despite the move back I believe more and more people are going to be forced to use Agents if just for the sake of avoiding those Chinese with absolutely no manners. I have had my run ins with them in various cases and it's always been the same thing they try to cut the line. Not going to happen and I get right in their faces and let them have it, at 189cm and 92K they are going back off and take their places all the the rest.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'd like to see the use of agents governed to one agent per person - to stop one agent getting a seat at the front of the line and then holding the place for 5 - 10 people, as I've seen happen a few times. By all means an agent to queue is a great idea, both for expats and locals, but it shouldn't be at the expense of other people who want to do it themselves and who get second in line but then end up, in-effect, 11th in line because the agent was doing it for numerous people. 

Interesting to see on another thread that this morning the education visa and "retirement" lines were separated when the officers started to give out tickets.

An encouraging move but would obviously make more sense to have a separate line to start with as was the case before.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2018 at 6:48 AM, AhFarangJa said:

On the contrary Sir, I spent three years in Zhongsan, 2 hours from Hong Kong. I completely concur with you. We even had to push our way out of the elevator when the doors opened as they just shoved en-masse to get in, regardless of enough room or not. My friend and I carried briefcases full of bricks to assist in the 'parting of the masses'. Also, the ferry from Hong Kong had an escalator down to the pier, the mad rush when the ferry was announced was something to behold, total bedlam....:bah:.

all is correct, they will never learn how to live with other civilizations.... the worse is CHINESE think they are the smartest people on earth 5555

BTW,I know where Zhongshan is as I lived there, in San Xiang, for 10 years,

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

all is correct, they will never learn how to live with other civilizations.... the worse is CHINESE think they are the smartest people on earth 5555

BTW,I know where Zhongshan is as I lived there, in San Xiang, for 10 years, 

BTW,  I know where Zhongshan is as I lived there, in San Xiang, for 10 years,

On 10/10/2018 at 9:50 PM, sanemax said:

Read a report that the police were at immigration this morning clamping down on professional queuer uppers .

Anyone been there recently for  tourist visa extension and do you need to queue up ?

Sorry, what is the meaning of 'professional queuer uppers'? Is this a new slang word?

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

People who are paid to sit in a queue .

I hope more and more people will complain to the officers at immigration.

It's just not fair when there are more and more opportunists who wants to earn extra money this way, thus making it more difficult for the applicants to queue themselves.

Selling queue numbers is quite lucrative. LOL

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

It's just not fair when there are more and more opportunists who wants to earn extra money this way, thus making it more difficult for the applicants to queue themselves.

Check the opportunists for work permits!

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

Selling queue numbers is quite lucrative. LOL

I will ask this question again.

What difference does it make to anyone else for me to pay someone to sit in the queue for me who simply relinquishes MY queue position when I arrive?

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

I will ask this question again.

What difference does it make to anyone else for me to pay someone to sit in the queue for me who simply relinquishes MY queue position when I arrive?

Some genuine people have been sitting in the queue since 2 AM , you walk up at 8 AM and push in ahead of them .

You hadnt been queuing , yet you push into the front of the queue ahead of them 

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

I read a report from a few days ago , Police arrived at 6 AM and questioned all the people in the queue and removed some of the professional queuers from the line 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Some genuine people have been sitting in the queue since 2 AM , you walk up at 8 AM and push in ahead of them .

You really don't get it do you, the line sitter is my proxy, I am not taking the place of anyone else.

Why is it so difficult to understand?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thailand said:

You really don't get it do you, the line sitter is my proxy, I am not taking the place of anyone else.

Why is it so difficult to understand?

I do "get" what you are saying and I do understand .

But you wasnt in the queue , you didnt put the hours in queuing up , you pay to get first in the queue , which is queue jumping

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, his line sitter leaves and he takes that place so no effect on the people already in line. One arrives one leaves, and both genuine people! No que jumping, nobody lost their queue position.

Edited by Dante99