OGB - Old German Beer Garden Soi 11 closed.

HooHaa

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

They seem to be maintaining that it is merely a reno a d that Soi 11 will reopen. Interesting. Thanks for the info. 

I just read a similar statement. They would reopen Soi 11 and operate both?

Take it as rumor until proven.

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Moved as I understood.

Old German Beerhouse on Suk Soi 11 is now:

Old German Beerhouse on Suk Soi 13

https://www.facebook.com/oldgermanbeerhouserestaurant/

"Oktoberfest" on the coming weekend.

ogb_soi13.jpg

I'm guessing this is the Trendy building, but the map on their Facebook page still shows their Soi 11 location.

Edit - their website confirms.

They have spent a fair bit of money on the new bar at Soi 13..it's right next to the Sports Bar.Hadn't opened when I was last in town but popped my head in the week before and it did look good.Will have to sample the beer when next in town.

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm guessing this is the Trendy building, but the map on their Facebook page still shows their Soi 11 location.

Edit - their website confirms.

Their hand drawn map is quite new on the FB site (12 hours).

Trendy building, so now the British know the way to German beer :biggrin:

Apparently it is a renovation, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

It was a quite solid no frills place, especially since smoking was allowed.

However there are not really and good German hangouts left in Bangkok.

No more characters like Otto ......where do all the Germans hang out?!

image.png.dd5aad2dfff4f8eeff520207b0fa9e39.png

Guys,

I don't know the places as I have never been in, but I will call next time I go to Trendy buildings!!

I like the vibe in the German beer houses from my old days in the Bier Kellers! There is usually good food too.

However, reading their Facebook page to clear up one or two who are a bit confused, there are to be two Beerhouses running side by side on Sukhumvit 13 and Sukhumvit 11 reopening early next year.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

I just read a similar statement. They would reopen Soi 11 and operate both?

Take it as rumor until proven.

Their website confirms they will re-open Soi 11 in 'early 2019'. I messaged them and they have confirmed that both branches will operate.

I'll be staying in the area next month and will try their breakfast. With the owner of the nearby American Bar and Grill returning to the USA I don't know if that place will remain open or not, and it is the only place I know apart from Mcdonalds that opens for breakfast before 9. The Beerhouse says they open at 8.

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Their website confirms they will re-open Soi 11 in 'early 2019'. It gives no indication whether Soi 13 will remain open after that. I messaged them and asked but so far I have been ignored.

Hartfried Schmid So in the future you will have two locations on Soi 11 and Soi 13?
Manage

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 2w
Old German Beerhouse
Old German Beerhouse Yes we will have 2 restaurants in the future 1f60a.png

Taken from their FB page.

These things are expensive to organize and set up. I do not think they would go to the expense and trouble to close it down after a short few months just to move back to another location, The upheaval would not be justified. Having two makes more sense, moneywise, as they have already spent on refurbishment.

2 hours ago, soistalker said:

A knew some friends who used to always be there every night. Some very friendly women who were good company. Are there now hanging out at the Soi 13 place?

I was often in that place in Soi 11 and now in Soi 13. For whatever reason I never saw any "very friendly women" in there. To be fair I saw some old and ugly creatures near the entrance and maybe some of them are friendly from time to time. But they are definitely no reason to go there.

7 minutes ago, Rod the Sod said:

I spoke to one of the bar girls outside the Soi 11 place and she confirmed it is a renovation and they will re-open in 6 months in Soi 11.

Thanks for this authoritative answer ???? 

Did she also tell you that you are very handsome and it's your lucky day that you just met a horny virgin?

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I just hope and pray that they still have draught Erdinger Weissbier. My go to place in Bangkok for a decent pint, but not my go to place for a decent lady!

Yes, they still have it - and even the buy two get one free promotion. But I don't know if that promotion is time limited.

20 hours ago, sydneyjed said:

They have spent a fair bit of money on the new bar at Soi 13..it's right next to the Sports Bar.Hadn't opened when I was last in town but popped my head in the week before and it did look good.Will have to sample the beer when next in town.

I am not familiar with that Sports Bar. Do they show American basketball?

On 10/9/2018 at 9:35 AM, soistalker said:

A knew some friends who used to always be there every night. Some very friendly women who were good company. Are there now hanging out at the Soi 13 place?

I went for the schnitzel or F1. Perhaps we differ on what constitutes good company. 

I had the pork knuckle with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut.  Not as good as Mom's but still good.  Wasn't in the mood for beer, so had Irish Coffee,  480 + 250 and no tax or service charge added ☝️

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:36 PM, Rod the Sod said:

I spoke to one of the bar girls outside the Soi 11 place and she confirmed it is a renovation and they will re-open in 6 months in Soi 11.

Well, if a bar girl outside the place told you that it must be true.

Archived