Kavanaugh says he's unchanged by bitter U.S. Supreme Court confirmation

webfact

I’m sure it’s true he is still trumps bought judge he is still anti choice he is still against democracts he is still quite possibly a sexual predator (un proven) he is still a crappy choice for the people but a great choice for the devider  chief you know the guy that weakenes the countery every day 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, atyclb said:

the precepts hold true. if they did not hold true there would have been zero need to look for corroboration, interview witnesses, etc etc.

just tell him he's been accused so simply step down.

this new way of thinking that if any woman accuses a man of sexual assault she is automatically credible and the man is not and should simply resign or withdraw.

I reiterate, it was an interview for a job 

Is that your best? Really?

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Oh how silly 55555????

The FBI doesnt determine credibility. Guess you have never seen a 302.

How silly 5555 ????????????????

so... a 302 is essentially a formalised recollection of an fbi investigation taken from notes made during an interview, and recollections of what was said, absent notation, and includes interpretation by the investigators

crdeibility is determined subsequent to the investigation, on the interpretation presented in the 302, by those presented with the 302.... re Kav... by the judicial committee.

If the investigators are instructed to not ask certain questions, or pursue further corroboration ( say by limiting time and scope) then the system has failed... assuming that the system should involve transparency, of course, never mind fairness

you really should avoid guessing.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Truly schoolyard. Thank god so many of the folks chiming in arent American.

Right there is a large part of the rabid republican mindset problem.

you don’t care about your international reputation.... a reputation that is probably at historic lows.... kind of the opposite to MAGA, as your allies consider a future without a reliable US partner

12 hours ago, Kelsall said:

The Democrats threw everything they had at him (should have saved it for RBG) and he survived.  It made him stronger.  He may not be bitter, but he will remember and we'll see if he gets revenge down the road.

Then he's a better man than me.  Because I would be one hot momma and somewhere down the road I would be waiting with a smile.  And Diane Feinstein would be first on my list.  Hello darling, welcome to my world.  ????

11 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Got an alternative scenario then, other than ad hominems?

'No accident' Brett Kavanaugh's female law clerks 'looked like models', Yale professor told students

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/20/brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court-yale-amy-chua

Posit two bogus scenarios, treat then as if they are legit, whine and accuse others of whatever when they don't play along. Oh, and cry about ad hominems too.

14 hours ago, Kelsall said:

The Democrats threw everything they had at him (should have saved it for RBG) and he survived.  It made him stronger.  He may not be bitter, but he will remember and we'll see if he gets revenge down the road.

Obviously, what's first and foremost on some posters' agenda is not having decent SC judges, but ones which will make their partisan fantasies come true.

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Actually...in their view...ALL accusations are credible..... shhhh.... as long as it is a President Trump appointee.

You still trying to market partisanship as a one-sided proposition pertaining only to the "other side"?

:coffee1:

16 hours ago, Kelsall said:

No, the FBI was cock blocked and hobbled. If a REAL investigation had happened, this whole story would have ended quite differently.

13 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Trust me.... I have survived the worst. that life can offer and it isnt on the net.

Have you any answer to the issues I have raised then?

Nyezhov. I have to give you credit. I have been a member of TV for years and I have never seen anyone post as much consistent BS as yourself. I have said it before and I will say it again it is blindingly obvious that you are a troll. Such a shame that all you have in your life is to troll people. Why not get out and meet some people? Find yourself a girlfriend or a boyfriend if that is what you like. There must be more to your life than this.

12 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Oh how silly 55555????

The FBI doesnt determine credibility. Guess you have never seen a 302.

I see. You complain about ad hominem attacks, then indulge in them yourself.

Sometimes, one has to write a poster off as someone with a mindset that is impervious to reason or logic. Goodbye.

The most surreal (and cringeworthy) moment came when Trump had the audacity to say in front of the entire Supreme Court and retiring Justice Kennedy that "Kavanaugh had been proven innocent."

The most frightening and deeply disturbing moment during the one week delay to "investigate" the Kavanaugh allegations came with the realization that the Republican members of the Judiciary committee colluded with Trump to gaslight the Democrats and the American public about the restricted scope of the investigation. While some said the scope was up to the Executive branch, Trump said it was up to the Judiciary committee, and while Trump claimed he was open to letting the FBI investigate "whoever they wanted to", the Judiciary committee stayed silent about the limited scope, running out the clock until the arbitrary time limit expired.

The people's faith and trust in the Supreme Court has been severely damaged for generations. Trump was blind to Kavanaugh's character, temperament and partisanship flaws because he shares so many of the same flaws. Trump is being spoon-fed highly ideological judicial candidates endorsed by the Federalist Society. These judges are the darlings of the upper crust because their interests are being looked after. Everyday Trump supporters who think these judges have their interests at heart have been tragically misled.

I love the fact that instead of responses to issues, ya get name calling. Thats all they have left. I read a great article this morning from Victor Davis Hanson, here is the link for your morning (or evening coffee)..

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/kavanaugh-confirmation-fight-casualties-left-never-trumpers-metoo/

6 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

The most surreal (and cringeworthy) moment came when Trump had the audacity to say in front of the entire Supreme Court and retiring Justice Kennedy that "Kavanaugh had been proven innocent."

The most frightening and deeply disturbing moment during the one week delay to "investigate" the Kavanaugh allegations came with the realization that the Republican members of the Judiciary committee colluded with Trump to gaslight the Democrats and the American public about the restricted scope of the investigation. While some said the scope was up to the Executive branch, Trump said it was up to the Judiciary committee, and while Trump claimed he was open to letting the FBI investigate "whoever they wanted to" the Judiciary committee stayed silent about the limited scope running out the clock until the arbitrary time limit ran out.

The people's faith and trust in the Supreme Court has been severely damaged for generations. Trump was blind to Kavanaugh's character, temperament and partisanship flaws because he shares so many of the same flaws. Trump is being spoon-fed highly ideological judicial candidates endorsed by the Federalist Society. These judges are the darlings of the upper crust because their interests are being looked after. Everyday Trump supporters who think these judges have their interests at heart have been tragically misled.

That scenario you are describing is frightening indeed, but i would less than surprised.

Now waiting for some intelligent Trump supporter to argue your post.

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I love the fact that instead of responses to issues, ya get name calling. Thats all they have left. I read a great article this morning from Victor Davis Hanson, here is the link for your morning (or evening coffee)..

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/kavanaugh-confirmation-fight-casualties-left-never-trumpers-metoo/

It seems a very well written piece of propaganda to me.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I see. You complain about ad hominem attacks, then indulge in them yourself.

Sometimes, one has to write a poster off as someone with a mindset that is impervious to reason or logic. Goodbye.

Take care! Have a fabulous day!

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Im glad you read it...care to dispute his points?

Not really Nyezhov, i have no horse in this race, but, as you probably noticed, i have not a lot of sympathy for Mr Trump.

I am just intrigued by the similarities of this debate with similar cases in the rest of the world.

I would say, on a very general level, that politics is a very, very dirty business.

17 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

That scenario you are describing is frightening indeed, but i would less than surprised.

Now waiting for some intelligent Trump supporter to argue your post.

"....some intelligent Trump supporter..."

That will be a loooooong wait!

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Im glad you read it...care to dispute his points?

Since there is no data to back most of his points, just villification, it seems hardly worthwhile to try. It was instructive to see him call the NY Times "fake news" source for misreporting a story. Fake news sources are those that habitually don't retract stories that are shown to be false. Like Breitbart, for one.

looking at some of the replies it would appear that while anyone capable of rational thinking would fact check a story/claim before making a judgement its obvious democrat supporters lack the mental capacity to do so and simply believe what ever their leaders tell them too(sheep), much easier and less taxing on their mental abilities. With nothing more than hearsay they are condemning the judge when witnesses have shown it did not happen, even ford has refused to follow through with her claim, this was one big set up and it has collapsed leaving the dems and their supporters looking for revenge, pretty pathetic really but then dems are, I am an aussie so have no political side in this but I am capable of reading and making my own decisions without being told what to think or too biased to see all sides to an argument

16 hours ago, Grouse said:

I reiterate, it was an interview for a job 

Is that your best? Really?

sorry for delay as i was busy making lasagne.

if a democrat harvard law professor injects the term "due process" into the job interview you refer to it is good enough for me

btw, the lasagne came out great

1 hour ago, seajae said:

looking at some of the replies it would appear that while anyone capable of rational thinking would fact check a story/claim before making a judgement its obvious democrat supporters lack the mental capacity to do so and simply believe what ever their leaders tell them too(sheep), much easier and less taxing on their mental abilities. With nothing more than hearsay they are condemning the judge when witnesses have shown it did not happen, even ford has refused to follow through with her claim, this was one big set up and it has collapsed leaving the dems and their supporters looking for revenge, pretty pathetic really but then dems are, I am an aussie so have no political side in this but I am capable of reading and making my own decisions without being told what to think or too biased to see all sides to an argument

You are either a great satirical - comedian...or off your meds!

Hearsay?

The guy was lying under oath!

If there is one thing, a judge should know, is that lying under oath is a nono!

Even IF (and that is a HUGE if!), we let aside the 3 allegations of sexual assault and the fact, that even some of his hi-school friends and room- mates came out with witness accounts, that did not really underline his self- constructed goody-two-shoes- image: the fact that he brought up conspiracy theories, threatened the Democrats with revenge, treated female senators like $4!t and lied about things, that really don't need to be lied about...UNDER OATH...should disqualify him!

I need absolutely no one to tell me that! 

Archived