Kavanaugh says he's unchanged by bitter U.S. Supreme Court confirmation

webfact

36 minutes ago, atyclb said:

sorry for delay as i was busy making lasagne.

if a democrat harvard law professor injects the term "due process" into the job interview you refer to it is good enough for me

btw, the lasagne came out great

Listen to it yourself!

Due process was not carried through with adequate diligence

AND it is still an interview process. My point is that there must be better candidates than Kavenaugh

Save me some crisp bits of your lasagna please!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Listen to it yourself!

Due process was not carried through with adequate diligence

AND it is still an interview process. My point is that there must be better candidates than Kavenaugh

Save me some crisp bits of your lasagna please!

i am not a lawyer and far from being versant on who would be top scotus picks.  heres an opinion from a liberal lawyer democrat hillary supporter that is also a professor at yale and kavanaugh was a former student of his. i searched to see if any other msm network had him  but apparently no, so just fox. he sure seems to be worthy of appearing on cnn and nbc, etc etc.

“The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be the next Supreme Court justice is President Trump’s finest hour, his classiest move,” Amar wrote for The New York Times in an op-ed posted online Monday night shortly after Trump revealed Kavanaugh’s nomination in a ceremony in the East Room.

Amar called Kavanaugh a “superb nominee” who deserved “ninetysomething” Senate votes because of his strong credentials and the fact that “he reads and learns” a wide range of views. Kavanaugh “commands wide and deep respect among scholars, lawyers and jurists,” Amar added.

Negative reaction to the column came quickly after it was posted, Amar said in an interview Tuesday. “I got a lot of hate mail. There’s a lot of anger out there.” On social media, some critics chalked up Amar’s enthusiasm toward Kavanaugh to the fact that Kavanaugh was one of his students, and Amar often recommends law clerks to justices."

23 minutes ago, atyclb said:

heres an opinion from a liberal lawyer democrat hillary supporter that is also a professor at yale and kavanaugh was a former student of his.

Why are you cherry picking?  You are searching for any opinion that supports your position, and not considering others even though the opposing opinions may very well be in the overwhelming majority.

More than 2,400 law professors sign letter opposing Kavanaugh’s confirmation.  Why choose Akhil Amar and ignore the thousands who have opposing opinions?

10 minutes ago, attrayant said:

More than 2,400 law professors sign letter opposing Kavanaugh’s confirmation.  Why choose Akhil Amar and ignore the thousands who have opposing opinions?

One could argue:

1. Because he is a top law professor at a top school, as opposed to being an assistant to the associate professor of Legal Feminist Studies at Podunk Law School, or

2. Because he is a self identified liberal who, like Dershowitz, is a liberal in the classic sense of being a rational, decent, intellectually honest civil libertarian.

You can chose or add whatever you want. 

Incidently, right before Justice Kavanaugh took the bench for what will be a long and illustrious career as a distinguished jurist and constitutional scholar ensuring that the constitutional rights of Americans are upheld, the Supreme Court denied cert on an appeal from another of Justice Kavanaughs decisions. His decisions sure did pass muster in the Court that counts, didnt they. No wonder he has such a stellar reputation.

1 hour ago, attrayant said:

Why are you cherry picking?  You are searching for any opinion that supports your position, and not considering others even though the opposing opinions may very well be in the overwhelming majority.

see #97 please

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Because he is a top law professor at a top school, as opposed to being an assistant to the associate professor of Legal Feminist Studies at Podunk Law School

Are you saying that the 2,400 law professors were all "assistant to the associate professor of Legal Feminist Studies at Podunk Law School"?  

Here's the letter.  I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the word "feminist" doesn't appear anywhere on the page, and no "assistants to the associate" have signed, either.

Troll posts and the replies have been removed.

Does anyone understand irony and satire here?

In topics such as this, this is considered trolling and in violation of the following:

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

"As Brett Kavanaugh enters his first week on the Supreme Court bench, a website URL bearing his name has become an online resource for victims of sexual assault and abuse.

The website, titled BrettKavanaugh.com, features a black-and-white picture of the Supreme Court covered with the words “we believe survivors.”

https://www.brettkavanaugh.com/

https://www.newsweek.com/brett-kavanaugh-website-sexual-assault-survivors-1161951

Archived