Thai ministry urged to remove ‘homophobic’ books

webfact

29 minutes ago, trianglechoke said:

If abnormal means not normal and normal prescribes to over 75% (strong majority) plus the negative connotation with the word abnormal and those in question have a lifestyle which in no way aids procreation.......... They probably are abnormal

IMHO not so simple, normal can have a range of scenarios. Nature makes some people heterosexual and some folks homosexual, all within the broad scope of normal. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

IMHO not so simple, normal can have a range of scenarios. Nature makes some people heterosexual and some folks homosexual, all within the broad scope of normal. 

Then again "normal" is a human construct anyway

53 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

To be a intolerant a**hole to people over things they cannot control

ironic, if  you'd  left your a**hole (no pun or double entendre) out it would have been much better......oooh Mrs  look at me Im showing my gay said

1 minute ago, kannot said:

ironic

I assume your 'ironic' is inferring that I am being  'an intolerant a**hole' to those that are being 'intolerant a**holes?'   

Some people cannot choose what they become, yet some people choose to belittle them.

They don't deserve tolerance and they are being a**holes about things that don't and shouldn't affect them.

Me pointing that out isn't ironic. It's factual.

3 hours ago, Zack61 said:

I doubt there is a country in the world that hasn’t ventured down this same path. Many are still on it. Thailand is but one. There are still western countries that refuse to acknowledge rights of LGBT people.

BS. There are only 2 genders: male & femal. Everything else is just a private sexual preference and therefore private. No need and no any rights for special privileques should given! Period.

12 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

yet some people choose to belittle them.

I disagree, they may  feel that way about it and have no choice, personally Im sick of having lgbt rammed down my throat everywhere I look

There is a difference between normal and acceptable. Albinism is not normal but accepted and not penalised by society (except in Africa), Homosexuality is not normal (otherwise our race would not exist) but should be acceptable to the majority.  

13 minutes ago, kannot said:

I disagree, they may  feel that way about it and have no choice, personally Im sick of having lgbt rammed down my throat everywhere I look

There's also the opposite; perhaps many LGBT folks are sick of having it rammed down their throats that heterosexual is the only way to view the world.

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

There's also the opposite; perhaps many LGBT folks are sick of having it rammed down their throats that heterosexual is the only way to view the world.

In terms of actually having a human race I suggest it is a very healthy way to see the world.

7 minutes ago, anterian said:

There is a difference between normal and acceptable. Albinism is not normal but accepted and not penalised by society (except in Africa), Homosexuality is not normal (otherwise our race would not exist) but should be acceptable to the majority.  

So your saying that if you don't have children your not normal.

1 hour ago, lkv said:

Majority does not equal "normal".

I am right handed, therefore "normal". The majority of people are right handed, so "normal" like me.

Then, there's some "abnormal" left handed individuals out there.

I would say left handed people are abnormal like being gay is. The problem is how abnormal people are treated by the normal people. Most if not all people are abnormal in some way. I have a Thai wife, normal British men marry British women therefore I am abnormal. 

If the books are factually correct I don't see a problem but they should also encourage empathy and tolerance.

Like being left handed, being LGBT should be treated as normal but no need to say it is normal.

Looking at what men and women should be like, the LGBTQ- question seems not to be the only problem!

And reading some of the comments here, it seems the Neanderthal- genome is still strong in some people!

Sad, really!

cheez!  in the western world, these type of 'publication' represent what the schools are now openly forcing the kids to read... and it's part of the general curriculum to force upon the kids that they can ignore how they were born!  (Well, in Australian schools anyway)   

Any kid refuses to follow the agenda... is to their detriment!

Any parent refuses to tow the line ( i.e. trying to protect their own kids)... and it is they who get in trouble with the administration.

p.s. my mum you could say was as homophobic as they come! or at least as straight as Sheldon Copper's mum with a Bible...

yet she enjoyed every minute; the night I took all the visiting folks up from Aust, to see the Mermaid Dance at the Pink Lady, Hatyai.

The point is that one can 'choose' to go... not be 'forced' to go

25 minutes ago, anterian said:

I’ve had this rather tedious semantic discussion with a native German-speaking friend on a least a half-dozen occasions. Homosexuality is not “the norm” because only something like 6 percent of the human population is homosexual. The expression “the norm” carries only mathematical connotations. However, the words “normal” and “abnormal” in plain English are more freighted, and they often imply value judgments -- to say that homosexuality is “abnormal” implies that there’s something wrong with it.

3 hours ago, Belzybob said:

We all know that ladyboys, TVs and various other deviant minorities are absolutely normal; nothing abnormal about a bloke wanting to dress in a frock is there?

You are quite right -- from the point of view of a bloke who is a cross-dresser, wanting to dress in a frock is the most normal thing in the world!

19 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So your saying that if you don't have children your not normal.

I am 44. I have no children, it is made very clear to me all the time it is not at all normal and that normal is to procreate via one's built in instincts... So yes I absolutely agree that in terms of having children I am abnormal. Just like in terms of sex, dressing up as a woman to have sex with other men is also abnormal.......... You know, just not that many people do it to say, hey, that's normal. Just like me not having kids...

4 minutes ago, trianglechoke said:

I am 44. I have no children, it is made very clear to me all the time it is not at all normal and that normal is to procreate via one's built in instincts... So yes I absolutely agree that in terms of having children I am abnormal. Just like in terms of sex, dressing up as a woman to have sex with other men is also abnormal.......... You know, just not that many people do it to say, hey, that's normal. Just like me not having kids...

You believe society / your society believe it's abnormal to not have kids. 

That's interesting, I would have thought that by now society at large would take the general view that kids should be wanted, not compulsory.

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

That's interesting, I would have thought that by now society at large would take the general view that kids should be wanted, not compulsory.

Judging by the number of people who choose to have them to the number who don't choose.... YES it is very abnormal to not have kids... I am 44 and it is made clear all the time. Where is your family, oh I don't have any kids............. Silence and strange looks, 

2 minutes ago, trianglechoke said:

Judging by the number of people who choose to have them to the number who don't choose.... YES it is very abnormal to not have kids... I am 44 and it is made clear all the time. Where is your family, oh I don't have any kids............. Silence and strange looks, 

You don't see the point I'm making and I'm guessing it's because you don't want to.

Bye...

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

It's normal to shake hands but not compulsory.... but it is still normal to shake hands. Having kids is not compulsory but it sure is normal (as in no human race unless it had always been not just normal but the driving instinct of our species. It is not compulsory for Thais to eat rice but .... you see what i mean 

16 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

I’ve had this rather tedious semantic discussion with a native German-speaking friend on a least a half-dozen occasions. Homosexuality is not “the norm” because only something like 6 percent of the human population is homosexual. The expression “the norm” carries only mathematical connotations. However, the words “normal” and “abnormal” in plain English are more freighted, and they often imply value judgments -- to say that homosexuality is “abnormal” implies that there’s something wrong with it.

I think there is something wrong with putting my penis inside a pooh hole

1 minute ago, trianglechoke said:

But on the other hand, I know of an Aussie lady; who's married to a fully outfitted, yet not doctored down there, 24/7 katoey.

Katoey is in the 'act' 24/7 (never seen in pants) and the 'wife' well she reckons she's getting the best of both worlds;

where everything is 'working' and all the added nibbly bits and pieces are there for the 'fun' bit later.

She's always been confused in the past, as to whether she wanted to turn Lesbian;

but this current scenario means she now never needs to actually be locked into a single choice...

they are both very happy though with this life arrangement... the only one that I've personally seen to really work out for them; without any regrets...

2 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

"There are still western countries that refuse to acknowledge rights of LGBT people"

There is always an interpretation of the right of everyone, for instance, I for sure respect gay people, I knew a few gay men for whom I had a great sympathy. During a period I recruited a lot of people for an important company and I would have recruited a gay without a problem. On the other hand, I disapproved the marriage between men or between women, I could easily explain why. We still have the right not to agree 100% with certain things as long it's without the least aggression without being called fascist or homophobic.

Can’t think of a single reason why you would deny two same sex people the right to marry...except of course if you’re going to start quoting a very old fairy story or you feel it would harm you in some way

1 hour ago, German farang said:

BS. There are only 2 genders: male & femal. Everything else is just a private sexual preference and therefore private. No need and no any rights for special privileques should given! Period.

In your dark and dingy world perhaps....but there’s a real world out there

34 minutes ago, trianglechoke said:

Yeah the thing is, choosing to have or not have children is a choice.

Being gay is not a choice. The choice is assuming your identity / orientation, just like you have chosen to assume your heterosexual orientations, being born that way.

Archived