How to become the yellow taiban ban?

Captor

Hi,

I would like to have a yellow tabian ban so that I can open an bank account in Thailand. My girlfriend and me owns a townhome but only she is in the blue tabian ban. I understand that I only can have a yellow one. But how can i get one? Must we marry?

Thanks

Captor

26 minutes ago, Medicine Man said:

If you only want a bank account then a residents letter would probably suffice. The requirements for a Yellow book are many and a big hassle. Why don't you ask the bank for the requirements to open an account first...

Done that already, but hard for me to beleive, hence my topic here.

She could say she rents it to you you both go to the tabian office fillin some forms pay a couple of hundred baht and away you go .i did mine earlier this year even got an ID card makes life a lot easier no more going to immigration for a 500 baht Residence letter I use it for my extension of stay visa and even staying at hotels 

13 hours ago, Medicine Man said:

If you only want a bank account then a residents letter would probably suffice. The requirements for a Yellow book are many and a big hassle. Why don't you ask the bank for the requirements to open an account first...

I live on Koh Phangan it took me and my Brit wife no more than 20 minutes with our Thai friend they even gave us each an ID card and told us that as we were over 60 they were for life no need to renew 500 baht paid and receipts issued no under the table payments or tips requested. When I go to immigration for our yearly extension of stay we just provide the yellow book no leases or rental agreements required life is much simpler with it.

Damn! I see now that I forgot to mention that I am not living in Thailand!!

I only come here 3-4 times/year on a tourist visa. I plan to settle down in Thailand after I retire in 3 years. This changes everything you guys mentioned above or not?

Sorry for forgetting that in my first topic....

Well if you are only on a tourist visa I VERY much doubt that you will legitimately get a yellow Tabian baan !

Bangkok Bank will give you a bank account on a tourist visa, it even says so on their website. Have you tried them ?

35 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Well if you are only on a tourist visa I VERY much doubt that you will legitimately get a yellow Tabian baan !

Bangkok Bank will give you a bank account on a tourist visa, it even says so on their website. Have you tried them ?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for answering...

No I have not try them. I have tried 3 other banks: SCB, Krungsri, KBank.

I did not try Bangkok Bank because I have read here at TV that they don´t have Visa creditcard anymore.

However I have read that they within 1 year will open up for Mastercard? If they do that I will contact them for an account.

Do I need more to show them when applying for an account except passport I guess?

You can forget a credit card unless you have a work permit (in most cases).Or a huge deposit to secure it.

Bank account will be a "savings" account.

Yellow tabien bahn wont happen on a "tourist" visa, must be long term (like retirement /narried or with work permit).

However, areas and requirments vary. State where you are located and I can move this to the forum for that area to get local knowledge.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You can forget a credit card unless you have a work permit (in most cases).Or a huge deposit to secure it.

Bank account will be a "savings" account.

Yellow tabien bahn wont happen on a "tourist" visa, must be long term (like retirement /narried or with work permit).

However, areas and requirments vary. State where you are located and I can move this to the forum for that area to get local knowledge.

Hi Charlie,

I am located in Bangkok in Nong Khaem when I am in Thailand. The townhome is there and my gf has a hair and beauty salon there in that townhome.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Captor

17 hours ago, Captor said:

But how can i get one?

Obtaining a Yellow House Book seem to be quite different from area-to-area, for some it's quite easy, for others (like myself) a more extensive difficult process. Check in you local area's forum, there might be a pinned thread, or others might already have explained the process, or ask how others got their Yellow House Book.

5 minutes ago, shaurene said:

I live in Khon Kaen. My wife got it for me. No problem. I have opened a bank account and did not need the yellow book. SCB bank was the easy one. 

OK, thanks, Shaurene.

You are married and living there so maybe it is more easy for you. I had no luck so far. But I keep on trying ????

I opened a bank account with BK bank also, was not married at time. I tried Krungsri and she said I need work permit or visa, I explained I needed account to put money in for the bloody visa, no joy so I went next door to BK and opened account.

As for yellow book, forget it not worth the hassle unless you  realllly need it like I did this week. Heard many people state all is needed is wifes tabien baan, marriage certificate and passport. So off I trotted to amphur gave those in, he said come back later and bring mother in law and the village head!!! what? So we returned, the nice lady then asked for my UK embassy thai translation of my affirmation to marry!! I said "what?" " Why do you need that you have my wedding certificate" .. She said she needed it to show I was divorced !! I said "don't be ridiculous you married me 3 months ago and gave me the certificate in your hand". She asked if I have it, I said, "no, obviously as you kept it when you married me 3 months ago". She then enquired who I work for, my salary, how long I have been an engineer, how long I stay in Thailand each trip !!! The mom in law and village head and wife all had to sign forms!!! She then went off for about 2 hours typing some stuff on pc then returned and said she will call us when to collect it!!! Unbelieveable, 4 hours of my life I wont get back.

2 hours ago, oldwelshman said:

I opened a bank account with BK bank also, was not married at time. I tried Krungsri and she said I need work permit or visa, I explained I needed account to put money in for the bloody visa, no joy so I went next door to BK and opened account.

As for yellow book, forget it not worth the hassle unless you  realllly need it like I did this week. Heard many people state all is needed is wifes tabien baan, marriage certificate and passport. So off I trotted to amphur gave those in, he said come back later and bring mother in law and the village head!!! what? So we returned, the nice lady then asked for my UK embassy thai translation of my affirmation to marry!! I said "what?" " Why do you need that you have my wedding certificate" .. She said she needed it to show I was divorced !! I said "don't be ridiculous you married me 3 months ago and gave me the certificate in your hand". She asked if I have it, I said, "no, obviously as you kept it when you married me 3 months ago". She then enquired who I work for, my salary, how long I have been an engineer, how long I stay in Thailand each trip !!! The mom in law and village head and wife all had to sign forms!!! She then went off for about 2 hours typing some stuff on pc then returned and said she will call us when to collect it!!! Unbelieveable, 4 hours of my life I wont get back.

Hahaha, thanks! Very funny. Thanks for sharing! Good to know about maybe not needing it. And don´t bother. May I ask for what you needed it?

18 hours ago, Captor said:

Damn! I see now that I forgot to mention that I am not living in Thailand!!

I only come here 3-4 times/year on a tourist visa. I plan to settle down in Thailand after I retire in 3 years. This changes everything you guys mentioned above or not?

Sorry for forgetting that in my first topic....

Go to the bank the next time you're in Thailand and bring your passport. You should be able to open up an account easily with a tourist visa.

11 hours ago, oldwelshman said:

Yes the process varies from place to place but one of the main things they want is an MFA certified translation of your name into Thai, thats why they want the marriage Docs, the MFA translation would have been part of that process. Yes, very frustrating when they already have the marriage docs.

16 hours ago, oldwelshman said:

Haha.At least you got through all the hoops she put out for you the same day.Dont need to be  over just yet anyway.Sometimes they call you back to put up more hurdles for you.It can be so different from place to place.I never knew you could get one without youre own apartment or house in the first place.In my place I just had to be a real pain in their neck for a few weeks and they finally gave it to me.Not Married.No kids.On a visa exempt at the time.Yes I did have a usafruct on my house in that time.Thats all.

Edited by Odin Norway

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, Peterw42 said:

Yes the process varies from place to place but one of the main things they want is an MFA certified translation of your name into Thai, thats why they want the marriage Docs, the MFA translation would have been part of that process. Yes, very frustrating when they already have the marriage docs.

Yes they also had the original docs as it was same lady who married us 3 months earlier lol

The problem with asking in these forums is that people talk about their experience at a point in time. 

Today, no banks will open a basic savings account without a work permit in Chiang Mai. 

I am a student on ED visa for a year with Thai drivers licence, 9 month lease rental agreement, one year mobile and Fibre contracts and a residency certificate BUT still for turned away from 12 banks in Chiang Mai across different branches of all the big banks. 

It's Work Permits only for Tourists and Students as at July 2018. 

I eventually got a BKK account after my apartment owner came with me and said that she only accepts payment via bank transfer and yes, no VISA debit card just a useless Union Pay which you cannot even buy domestic flights with online! 

1 minute ago, DJ54 said:

I live near Kumphawapi NE Thailand  anyone applied in this area ? I’ve lived here full time for 2 years 9 months on Retirement visa. Thanks 

You'd be better asking in your regional Isaan forum.

The problem with asking in these forums is that people talk about their experience at a point in time. 

Yeah, thats the problem. Most experience is several years ago.

On tourist visa: Your first choice is UOB Bank.

Just need prove of adress in TH.

But up to everybody make their own experience and checking 10 different branches.

On 10/14/2018 at 5:53 PM, DJ54 said:

I live near Kumphawapi NE Thailand  anyone applied in this area ? I’ve lived here full time for 2 years 9 months on Retirement visa. Thanks 

Just go to the Kumphawapi Bangkok Bank branch.

Take your passport, your gf (????) with her ID card and maybe her house book (sorry I forgot

if we needed it).

Fill out some papers. She must guarantee for you.

If you want you can get SMS notifications and  internet banking.

That's all.

On 10/11/2018 at 2:08 PM, crazykopite said:

When I go to immigration for our yearly extension of stay we just provide the yellow book no leases or rental agreements required life is much simpler with it.

Plus of course your letter from the Embassy proving your income, or Thai bank letter showing deposit. My Immigration Office know where I live from the T30 my partner gave them 5 years ago, so I also do not need leases or rental agreement.