Serpentine belts are they under guarantee after service?

Huayrat

I don't know whether Ford Pattaya are trying to rip me off here but my car was serviced in Buriram 10 months ago and the belt replaced.. Ford in pattaya are now saying they need replacing.. What Ford pattaya have not checked is that the car was serviced 10 months ago with new ones.. Bought the car new and belt replaced after 6 years.. surely new belts should last longer than 10 months.. will they be under guarantee or not??  Something very fishy about this..

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Did you check that the belts were replaced in Buriram,

did they give you the old belts back ?,if yes,then FORD

Pattaya,are trying to take you for a ride.

regards worgeordie

Yes old belts were returned and new belts have only done 8000km and are 10 months old.. Took my car in for a coolant hose replacement cost 4000 baht.. They then found 5 more problems with the car totalling 19000 baht.. I said no chance and i am going back tomorrow as someone in that garage is trying to rip me and probably lots more off.. wait till i show them my service receipt from Ford buriram with  new belts replaced at service less than 1 year ago.. lets see what they say to that..

52 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

Yes old belts were returned and new belts have only done 8000km and are 10 months old.. Took my car in for a coolant hose replacement cost 4000 baht.. They then found 5 more problems with the car totalling 19000 baht.. I said no chance and i am going back tomorrow as someone in that garage is trying to rip me and probably lots more off.. wait till i show them my service receipt from Ford buriram with  new belts replaced at service less than 1 year ago.. lets see what they say to that..

4000 THB for a hose !, yes they are definitely trying to rip you off.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, transam said:

Looks like you are being taken...????

4000 for a hose,,,Hmmm, but they probably replaced the coolant mix after fitting..

Modern poly-V belts go on for ever, my belt 11 years old..

Never in my life have i needed to change a belt on any of my cars.. They changed it at service 10 months ago so it is Bullshit that it has to be changed again.. This is a Ford Dealership in a different city.. So i bet you a Dollar they have not checked on the computer the service History of the car and they think it needs changing because the car has done 100000 kilometre.. I am going there in 2 hours.. This is going to be fun.. I am going to take the manager with me then find the boy who said i need a new belt and ask him what is wrong with it.. If he says its an old belt he is busted bigtime.. I will then produce the service Receipt from 10 months ago with the new belts fitted hmmmm..

27 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

This is going to be fun.. I am going to take the manager with me then find the boy who said i need a new belt and ask him what is wrong with it.

They wont care. Take it or leave it they will say. You falang no understand cars. Just find another service center and save yourself some grief.

23 hours ago, topt said:

Looking forward to hearing the outcome........

The outcome is this..

Went there asked the boy who checked my car the Day before to come outside and show me what is wrong with the belt.. He says it's old and in my head i'm thinking busted.. I ask him how old he thinks it is.. He says 30.000KM.. I'm thinking busted again it's done only 8000km and you don't change a belt at 30.000km anyway..

Now is the best bit.. At this stage i had not told any of them about the age or the service receipt in my pocketfrom Ford Buriram 10 months ago.. Asked to see the big manager in the Dealership they gave me the service manager a woman.. I then said to her why are you cheating me and obviously many more ppl by adding to my Bill things that are not wrong with the car.. I then pulled out the service receipt from Ford Buriram.. Ohhhh the look on her face and how can i save face at this..

She says we can't see the History of your car on our computer as we are not linked with other Dealerships hmmmm.. She also said they did NOT look at my service book at anytime (shocking and Unprofessional) She then said maybe Ford Buriram put an old belt on at last service.. I'm thinking is this idiot for real.. She then proceeds to call Ford buriram to make sure the mileage was correct and that i somehow havent faked it.. They told her it's genuine.. By this time i said right listen to me.. I said you have obviously tried to rip me off or you Don't have a clue how to run a garage.. I then said how can i believe that everything else you have said is wrong with the car is correct as you have just been caught adding 2500 baht on for something that is ok.  I then said i will never come back to this garage to check or fix my car and i will be informing other foreigners about it..

So to all FORD owners beware when you go to this Dealership.. The Bill started at 4000 baht then jumped up till 19000 baht until i said No way and found out they are adding more money to my bill..

What is worrying is they must be doing this to everyone.. The Boy in the workshop is just guessing at the age of the parts on the cars..

Be careful Folks

16 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

The outcome is this..

Went there asked the boy who checked my car the Day before to come outside and show me what is wrong with the belt.. He says it's old and in my head i'm thinking busted.. I ask him how old he thinks it is.. He says 30.000KM.. I'm thinking busted again it's done only 8000km and you don't change a belt at 30.000km anyway..

Now is the best bit.. At this stage i had not told any of them about the age or the service receipt in my pocketfrom Ford Buriram 10 months ago.. Asked to see the big manager in the Dealership they gave me the service manager a woman.. I then said to her why are you cheating me and obviously many more ppl by adding to my Bill things that are not wrong with the car.. I then pulled out the service receipt from Ford Buriram.. Ohhhh the look on her face and how can i save face at this..

She says we can't see the History of your car on our computer as we are not linked with other Dealerships hmmmm.. She also said they did NOT look at my service book at anytime (shocking and Unprofessional) She then said maybe Ford Buriram put an old belt on at last service.. I'm thinking is this idiot for real.. She then proceeds to call Ford buriram to make sure the mileage was correct and that i somehow havent faked it.. They told her it's genuine.. By this time i said right listen to me.. I said you have obviously tried to rip me off or you Don't have a clue how to run a garage.. I then said how can i believe that everything else you have said is wrong with the car is correct as you have just been caught adding 2500 baht on for something that is ok.  I then said i will never come back to this garage to check or fix my car and i will be informing other foreigners about it..

So to all FORD owners beware when you go to this Dealership.. The Bill started at 4000 baht then jumped up till 19000 baht until i said No way and found out they are adding more money to my bill..

What is worrying is they must be doing this to everyone.. The Boy in the workshop is just guessing at the age of the parts on the cars..

Be careful Folks

Yep sounds like they wanted to squeeze you abit more whilst feeding bullshit at the same time .. Highly highly unlikely they are not patched into the dealership network to access a vehicle's history so the trot out 'bout not being linked is a porkie pie .. You might wanna fire an email to Ford customer relations ( along with 000's of others ) asking for their thoughts on it though don't held you're breath for a speedy response .. Modern poly-belts generally last for eons l'est they get contaminated by oil from leaking PAS pump's , pipes , crank-pulley seal's etc so to say they are mullered after 8000 km is extracting the michael abit .. 

Its good you didnt get ripped off but really, they just dont care how many people you tell they are bad. Tomorrow is a new day and many others will just pay. By the way ford thailand wont/doesnt care, look at the transmission mess they had and those people even after winning their lawsuit still are driving around in a turd of a car. LOS hahaha.

43 minutes ago, Notagain said:

Another thing I do believe they are not connected to any other ford network, just look at any other business here including banks, old technology and no one who knows how to use it. Thailand 4.0 hahaha.

Even if that is True they should have known that the belts get changed at the 90.000km service so there is no excuse.. Aslong as i help 1 person getting ripped off then that is all that matters.. Atleast ppl reading this will now be Alert to the fact..

Archived