Many injured as driver admits to falling asleep at the wheel of tour bus

webfact

Many injured as driver admits to falling asleep at the wheel of tour bus

8pm.jpg

A tour bus driver who had taken a group of people to make merit at a temple admitted to police that he fell asleep at the wheel and plowed into the back of an 18 wheel truck. 

Sanook reported that an unspecified number of people were taken to Wang Noi Hospital after the crash at KM 55 near the Chang Beer factory on the Pahonyothin slip road inbound to Bangkok.

Driver of the bus Apichart Upatham, 44, said he had taken a group of people from Ban Bung, Chonburi to Wat Tha Sung in Uthai Thani. 

He was on the way back and said he fell asleep. 

He has been charged with negligence causing injury. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-12

55 minutes ago, keith101 said:

Drivers falling asleep is a common occurrence here

Yes it is, but it's not only drivers. You can se people sleeping in your local markets, a small shop you walk into, 7/11 clerks, passengers in a bus, airplane, etc. (I'm talking about Thai people)

Personally I think this is because of malnutrition

25 minutes ago, TMNH said:

Beside the point...maybe you think the driver should have been on meth to stay awake? idiot.

Not beside the point at all. Seatbelts are there to save you when things go wrong! And things certainly do go wrong here.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Yes it is, but it's not only drivers. You can se people sleeping in your local markets, a small shop you walk into, 7/11 clerks, passengers in a bus, airplane, etc. (I'm talking about Thai people)

Thai people there falling asleep is because they not on drugs that's why so meny people are high on yaba, ice etc when they working 

this bus driver clearly not get his "medicine"

11 hours ago, Vacuum said:

After some  research, I read that poor nutrition of starchy food( simple carbohydrates), high sodium food ( read processed food) and carbonated drinks ( contain carbon dioxide) all contributed to low energy level and induce sleep. So you may have something there about malnutrition. 

On 10/12/2018 at 10:25 AM, webfact said:

A tour bus driver who had taken a group of people to make merit at a temple admitted to police that he fell asleep at the wheel and plowed into the back of an 18 wheel truck. 

When I die I hope to go peacefully in my sleep, like my driver did. Not screaming in terror like all his passengers. 

On 10/12/2018 at 11:07 AM, Just1Voice said:

It's just a shame that these bus drivers who fall asleep aren't killed in the process. That would be noteworthy karma. 

Buddha doesn't work in mysterious ways, in fact he doesn't work at all, just like (insert fantasy god of choice)

Archived