Woman dies at Bangkok cosmetic surgery after going in for a "face lift"

webfact

Woman dies at Bangkok cosmetic surgery after going in for a "face lift"

9pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a 72 year old woman who went into a Bangkok clinic for a face lift in the Wang Thong Lang area died in the operating area. 

Doctors said she had an allergic reaction to the anesthetic.

She was named as Natthamon Prachaseri. 

Wang Thong Lang police and rescue services went to the clinic that is in a seven story building in Soi Town in Town 6 last night.

The patient was having a procedure known as fine thread lifting that has been hailed as a more modern and effective style of face lift. 

The clinic had a licence numbered 19678.

Thai Rath promised more details as they become available. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-12

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Wang Thong Lang police and rescue services went to the clinic that is in a seven story building in Soi Town in Town 6 last night.

In the soi about 50 metres, turn left at the 3rd electric pole leaning backwards, then another 50m to the lounging soi dogs, and turn right at the 7-11. Can't miss it really.

Good thing they're not naming it though.

40 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

“Doctor say she had an allergic reaction to the anesthesic”.

Doctor MUST and , Is OBLIGED to test ,before surgery, if she was alergic to the anesthesic’s reactions.

The surgeon may be just an ex-tattooist recycled in cosmetic surgery, it's almost the same branch!

The farangs are too complicated, my wife always tells me, in Thailand everything easy, and then when this lady rebirth will come she will be already more beautiful, I tell you in Thailand everything is easy :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Darcula said:

In the soi about 50 metres, turn left at the 3rd electric pole leaning backwards, then another 50m to the lounging soi dogs, and turn right at the 7-11. Can't miss it really.

Good thing they're not naming it though.

You neglected to mention the OP news report also included the clinic's license number, all the while not actually naming the place.  :crazy:

9 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

The surgeon may be just an ex-tattooist recycled in cosmetic surgery, it's almost the same branch!

The farangs are too complicated, my wife always tells me, in Thailand everything easy, and then when this lady rebirth will come she will be already more beautiful, I tell you in Thailand everything is easy :biggrin:

come back as a hansum worm, with no wrinkles

maybe by now she already has?

... trouble is that they always forget to update the wrinkled neck!!

and some are to ask why at 72? why? 

well... there's always a husband's mia noi somewhere in the background...

and she needs to look younger that that!

35 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

What if she wasn't faithful to Buddha's teachings and comes back as a rat?

Not to worry.

The doctor who would have been charged with unintended homicide,  under a civilised criminal justice system, will get away free here with perhaps a public apology and a boquet of flowers to the kith and kin of the victim.

What a lovely place, really...

2 hours ago, Tarteso said:

“Doctor say she had an allergic reaction to the anesthesic”.

Doctor MUST and , Is OBLIGED to test ,before surgery, if she was alergic to the anesthesic’s reactions.

Really? News to me.

I've had bad reactions under two.

I've been anesthetized five times.

The first reaction was in Gosford Australia, waking fully suicidal. It wore off after a night. But had I found an open window I would have jumped, and I hate heights. They suspected a gas "overdose" thanks Dr. <deleted>!

Second was last year in Philippines.

I nearly died from several issues, pneumonia, sputum flooded lungs -hence the theatre -  difficult intubation, skyrocketing BP as a consequence, but the "allergy" to the gas was a cross-tolerance because of my hell-raising expat ways. 

In short one must long-term modify booze intake to have a better anaesthetic outcome. It's not just pre op. Your intake is cumulative, and an emergency can happen anytime.

Oddly enough, I wouldnt have minded leaving then.

I can think of worse ways than just falling asleep.

Lawd only knows what horrors in lie ahead in advanced old age. I have cut back on booze to near zero since, I've found a better, cheaper substitute anyway. Just waiting for the legal dinosaurs here to get with the fashion in Canada, apparently green is the new black.

Probe into woman's death at Bangkok plastic surgery clinic

By The Nation

ee4e35a4295cc5f23bd8fc0860eea9bd.jpeg

Police is investigating the death of a 72-year-old Thai woman who suffered a severe allergic reaction to anesthesia while undergoing an operation at a newly-opened plastic surgery clinic in Soi "Town in Town" 6 in Bangkok's Wang Thong Lang district on Thursday afternoon.

An initial autopsy at the Police General Hospital showed that the unnamed woman's liver had ruptured and some ribs were broken. Results of other tests were expected in 15 days, a source said. 

Metropolitan Police Area 4 chief Pol Maj-General Theerapong Wongratpitak said the doctor, the nurse and the nursing assistant who were involved in the woman's treatment at the clinic had been interviewed. They said the woman - who had been a client at another branch of the clinic since 2012 - came into the clinic to receive the treatment at about 4pm on Thursday.

They told police that, as a test by anesthesia pad yielded no allergic reaction, the doctor proceeded to give her 24 jabs of anesthesia, totaling 12cc. He then went to the restroom before starting the operation. 

When he returned, the doctor was told by the nurse that the patient had developed abnormal symptoms including significantly low blood pressure so they gave her first-aid treatment and called for an ambulance. The woman was pronounced dead at 7.30pm. 

Theerapong said police would look into related matters such as the clinic's previous record and personnel licences and the medicines used in the procedure as well as whether the six-storey chophouse the clinic is located in adheres to the Building Act. 

The clinic is the second branch to open since October 9 and is still in process of applying for a medical facility permit.

Police initially charged the unnamed clinic owner with operating a medical facility without permission (punishable with a maximum five-years imprisonment and/or a maximum Bt100,000 fine), he said. The other charge of recklessness causing another person's death would be filed later when police gather sufficient evidence, he added.

National police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda has instructed investigators to thoroughly probe the case to boost the public confidence, said police spokesman Pol Colonel Krissana Pattanacharoen. 

The deceased woman's family said only that they would let justice run its course in terms of the police investigation against the clinic, as the family had no doubts about the cause of death. 

They collected the body from the morgue for religious rites at Wat Prok.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30356334

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-12

53 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

An initial autopsy at the Police General Hospital showed that the unnamed woman's liver had ruptured and some ribs were broken

"doctor proceeded to give her 24 jabs of anesthesia, totaling 12cc. He then went to the restroom before starting the operation."

Ruptured liver and broken ribs, She only went in for a "Facelift",  and 24 injections

seems a bit excessive, well she paid the price for her vanity, RIP 

regards worgeordie

ruptured liver, broken ribs come from trying to resuscitate her

not necessarily an indicator of mistreatment. If it was an anaphylactic reaction the correct drugs applied would have helped - but we don't know - may be they did. Sometimes you lose a battle against death - but again for a cosmetic procedure? Was the patient informed about the risck?

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

, as the family had no doubts about the cause of death. 

incompetence ?
not licensed as a nurse, as a doctor,
let alone a plastic surgeon ?
no anesthetist on duty ? 
no green box with shocker in a medical facility?
not a licensed clinic, so what to expect ?
to mention just a few possible doubts.

and of course, for a cynic like me very interesting that the family have no issue with the fact that the old lady passed on in the capable hands of a medical professional.
This raises in me desires to check insurance, wealth and debt distribution in the family, and ask about few other things one would have been curious about if one had to be interested in the case.

in this context, the name of the building is rather appropriate :
" whether the six-storey chophouse the clinic is located in adheres to the Building Act. "

"They told police that, as a test by anesthesia pad yielded no allergic reaction, the doctor proceeded to give her 24 jabs of anesthesia, totaling 12cc. He then went to the restroom before starting the operation"

She was given 24 separate anaesthetic injections, each one having 1.2ml?

Absolute bollerques.

And how does a patient who is being given CPR, get "Ruptured Liver" ???.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Welcome to the US.

MV5BMTc1NTM4NzQ1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjc3

had to read up on that, indeed, she is American.
Always thought she was of Armenian origin, got fooled by her (created) aura and interesting voice.

1 hour ago, KKr said:

incompetence ?
not licensed as a nurse, as a doctor,
let alone a plastic surgeon ?
no anesthetist on duty ? 
no green box with shocker in a medical facility?
not a licensed clinic, so what to expect ?
to mention just a few possible doubts.

and of course, for a cynic like me very interesting that the family have no issue with the fact that the old lady passed on in the capable hands of a medical professional.
This raises in me desires to check insurance, wealth and debt distribution in the family, and ask about few other things one would have been curious about if one had to be interested in the case.

in this context, the name of the building is rather appropriate :
" whether the six-storey chophouse the clinic is located in adheres to the Building Act. "

Anesthesiologist could costs almost as much as the surgeon in fees so maybe corners are cut in thailand thus reflecting the lower cost for plastic surgery ? 

1 hour ago, KKr said:

Always thought she was of Armenian origin, got fooled by her (created) aura and interesting voice.

Father is Armenian so she is half Armenian but nationality is American. 

7 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Easy come easy go

11 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Amazing Thailand 

72 and still care about how you look crazy but RIP 

C'mon, I have  friend, we run the bars together, he is 76 with a permanent frown, he has been an athlete all his life marathons, tri-athalons, century bike rides, he's only 5'5" and about 130lbs - he could ply bench lift me!!  the thai chicks love hs frown, always trying to make  him smile, but they don't know,  he is smiling.  ????

10 hours ago, KKr said:

A little off topic I know, But looked at Cher on Wikipedia. Interesting reading about her Mother Georgia Holt. She was of Irish, English, German, French, Dutch origin !!, Her Father indeed was Armenian.

Archived