Woman dies at Bangkok cosmetic surgery after going in for a "face lift"

webfact

9 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Father is Armenian so she is half Armenian but nationality is American. 

And mother is a NATIVE Amercan, or at least part so.  Remember the song "Halfbreed."  I think that part may be responsible for the natural high cheek bones of her early photographs.

"The clinic had a licence numbered 19678." - I was under the impression you can't post anything bad online that happens in a business or about someone, or you can be sued for defamation. Surely posting the licence number in a newspaper article means someone can search that licence number and find out the name of the business. Or is that a loophole by not posting the business name and just posting the licence number making it ok?

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"doctor proceeded to give her 24 jabs of anesthesia, totaling 12cc. He then went to the restroom before starting the operation."

The anesthesiologist both administered the anesthesia and also did operations too?

In the West for any procedure the anesthesiologist gives and monitors the patient while a different doctor does any procedures. But since this is Thailand probably the doctor wasn't even an anesthesiologist and just the surgeon.

14 hours ago, KKr said:

had to read up on that, indeed, she is American.
Always thought she was of Armenian origin, got fooled by her (created) aura and interesting voice.

I just wanted to say that "There’s no fool like an old fool" is true about everywhere in the world. Not exclusive to Thailand.

Especially elderly society ladies will not easily accept their ageing.

Doctors said she had an allergic reaction to the anesthetic.

Has someone told this doctor tampons of chloroforms on the nose are cheaper for sure but is very outdated not to say a dangerous form of Anaesthesia putting people to sleep :biggrin:

11 hours ago, bbi1 said:

The anesthesiologist both administered the anesthesia and also did operations too?

In the West for any procedure the anesthesiologist gives and monitors the patient while a different doctor does any procedures. But since this is Thailand probably the doctor wasn't even an anesthesiologist and just the surgeon.

And probably not even a qualified cosmetic surgeon.  Maybe as another posted, a tattooist with part time job.

On 10/12/2018 at 2:54 PM, marko kok prong said:

Face lift at 72 ?

Of course mr marko. You need it most at 72 because gravity has done its job. I can see gravity pulling my once very smooth skin on my face. It is beginning to have lines and droop just a little so another 5 years i guess the skin will have a little baggy look. Then another 5 years I will surely cry when I look into the mirror. I sure need fine tiny gold thread put under my facial skin. Within 6 months the gold thread will work wonder my skin will be smooth by at least 85 percent if not 90. And it will last for about 3 years before I need to re-do again.

Your chest muscle dropping? It's the gravity pulling at your pectoral muscle.

Archived