Jump to content

Netflix


mr.buffalo

Recommended Posts

On 11/2/2018 at 11:21 PM, mr.buffalo said:

I am going to get netflix. Are the credit card details secure?

I got Neflix a month or so ago and was very pleased with the content/quality etc. I was shocked one morning though to get a SMS saying that someone had changed my e-mail address, password and upgraded my account. When i turmed on Netflix on the TV it showed up as being for someone called Edwardo, some Spanish guy in America, and all the writing was in Spanish. I managed to get it changed back after talking to Netflix but it didn't inspire me with confidence if their security can be hacked so easily. I can only hope he didn't access my credit card details.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

I got Neflix a month or so ago and was very pleased with the content/quality etc. I was shocked one morning though to get a SMS saying that someone had changed my e-mail address, password and upgraded my account. When i turmed on Netflix on the TV it showed up as being for someone called Edwardo, some Spanish guy in America, and all the writing was in Spanish. I managed to get it changed back after talking to Netflix but it didn't inspire me with confidence if their security can be hacked so easily. I can only hope he didn't access my credit card details.

I wonder if YOU might not have been hacked, its easy to blame netflix, but usually to change email address you need access to the original email. That is how it works.

 

I can't be sure of course but it makes no sense to hack a netfllix account and not their creditcard data. I had something similar once with droppbox i was sure it was a dropbox mistake.. later it i found out it was me. 

 

Not saying its automatically you but do you have them accepting they have been hacked and explaining what happened ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2018 at 8:45 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

There is no censorship, Thai language soundtrack is available on some shows but by no means all, the Thai subtitles can be toggled on and off and you can use the log-ons in different physical locations. Incidentally, you can use Netflix 'foreign' subscriptions in Thailand (though you only get the local content) so it may be possible to use a Thai subscription abroad as well.

I have the 5 users package, my daughter lives in the Netherlands and uses one of them, Dutch content and Dutch subtitles....

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I wonder if YOU might not have been hacked, its easy to blame netflix, but usually to change email address you need access to the original email. That is how it works.

 

I can't be sure of course but it makes no sense to hack a netfllix account and not their creditcard data. I had something similar once with droppbox i was sure it was a dropbox mistake.. later it i found out it was me. 

 

Not saying its automatically you but do you have them accepting they have been hacked and explaining what happened ?

Yes, exact same thing happened to me.  Email login changed and emails in spanish but no credit card problem.  Netflix fixed it quick.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, ricklev said:

Yes, exact same thing happened to me.  Email login changed and emails in spanish but no credit card problem.  Netflix fixed it quick.  

Then it sounds that not you or the other poster were hacked but netflix because it sounds to similar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...