Netflix

mr.buffalo

Thanks blackhorse. How much is it and does it work on a laptop? Where I am staying has wifi and a big flat screen telly so hopefully, I can hitch it up to the tv set.

You can just use a hdmi cable from laptop to TV or you can Google Chrome cast lazada . You buy it on lazada website and they post it to you  

Chrome cast can be controlled via smart phone or laptop but you need wi fi. Best Google how to use it

Do you already have a Netflix subscription? If you do, then you can stream Netflix's Thailand content. If not you will have to subscribe. You can stream Netflix Thailand through your laptop directly to your TV by HDMI cable. You do not need to buy a Chromecast or any other TV stick. I stream Netflix US, VUDU, US TV, BBC IPlayer, AUS 7Plus and other content through my laptop to my TV using 3BB internet. If you want to stream Netflix or other content that is geographically blocked and you what info, send me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I am thinking of subscribing to Netflix here in Thailand. The UHD option would be nice but do you need a super duper internet connection to get it. I have a 30 mbs package from 3bb.

Try it out.  They had a free trial period when I subscribed. 

Not sure 137 million subscribers make the cc's more secure than 10 subscribers. Ask people that booked through BA,  people that had facebook accounts hacked, the list goes on. 

What I meant was is the site genuine to give details to? 

I am a bit wary as I ordered some articles online before, luckily the bank intercepted the payment as fraud and blocked it. Then again I may be being a bit over cautious.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 12:18 PM, Henryford said:

I am thinking of subscribing to Netflix here in Thailand. The UHD option would be nice but do you need a super duper internet connection to get it. I have a 30 mbs package from 3bb.

Beware of watching any TV series, very often they stop it. It is not very nice if you are watching season after season and enjoying it, then it stops.

This is not just on occasion, it happens time after time. That is why I cancelled

my subscription.

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Beware of watching any TV series, very often they stop it. It is not very nice if you are watching season after season and enjoying it, then it stops.

This is not just on occasion, it happens time after time. That is why I cancelled

my subscription.

I've never had a problem.  I like the quality of Netflix and with a VPN is perfect in Thailand.  I also like the 5.1 sound. 

If ever you want a series that is not on netflix immediately go to Kodi like for Elementary.  Netflix is running season 5 and I wanted 6.  Today I was watching the Ballad of Buster Scruggs my new favorite movie the premier was today I think.     

On 11/3/2018 at 2:26 PM, mr.buffalo said:

Not sure 137 million subscribers make the cc's more secure than 10 subscribers. Ask people that booked through BA,  people that had facebook accounts hacked, the list goes on. 

What I meant was is the site genuine to give details to? 

I am a bit wary as I ordered some articles online before, luckily the bank intercepted the payment as fraud and blocked it. Then again I may be being a bit over cautious.  

Of course 137 million subscribers make it more secure.  Think a moment. 

Would there be 137 million subscribers if it was not secure?

iFlix is ok for what it is. Not that much new content gets added. I used it for a few years but have now watched all that they have that's interesting, to me at least. This is the first year I'll likely not renew it. But really pales compared to Netflix, even just the Thai catalogue. Would take me a couple of years to watch through the stuff on my playlist and new content seems to arrive weekly.

For now I just use Netflix and the AIS Playbox subscription which provides several series channels like FX, Fox Thai etc (series such as The Walking Dead, Stangers (here called White Dragon) and numerous others. Along with about 7 movie channels, National Geo and numerous news channels. That combination does me. Just about given up with Kodi. Too high maintenance these days and not many good high quality streams IMO. YMMV.

Posted using Tapatalk

Is Netflix/THL censored, i.e. blurring of tobacco products and firearms? 

On TrueVisions, say when Hellboy is smoking his signature cigar and brandishing his equally signature sidearm, the entire screen is blurred.

Is SAP/dubbing audio option (in spoken Thai) available? On all shows, or some?

Can you toggle Thai subtitles on/off?

The Standard package (HD/350 THB) gives two (2) simultaneous log-ons? Can you "share" one account/log-on across two different geographical locations (within Thailand of course)?

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Is Netflix/THL censored, i.e. blurring of tobacco products and firearms? 

On TrueVisions, say when Hellboy is smoking his signature cigar and brandishing his equally signature sidearm, the entire screen is blurred.

Is SAP/dubbing audio option (in spoken Thai) available? On all shows, or some?

Can you toggle Thai subtitles on/off?

The Standard package (HD/350 THB) gives two (2) simultaneous log-ons? Can you "share" one account/log-on across two different geographical locations (within Thailand of course)?

There is no censorship, Thai language soundtrack is available on some shows but by no means all, the Thai subtitles can be toggled on and off and you can use the log-ons in different physical locations. Incidentally, you can use Netflix 'foreign' subscriptions in Thailand (though you only get the local content) so it may be possible to use a Thai subscription abroad as well.

I subscribe via Netflix Thailand and can use it in Malaysia when I travel there, picking up the Malaysian catalogue (pretty much same as the Thai with some variation). If I do use a VPN (which currently I don't need) I can access the US or UK catalogue.

29 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I decided to go for the 30 day trial last night. Was quite impressed with the content and quality, no buffering at all, even with the UHD content. 12 baht a day is very reasonable compared to say Truevisions.

Maybe because True also has somee other content than only Netflix

Netflix is excellent from a technical point, depth of content, ease of use, price and dependability. It has a downside. Binge watching of Narcos  Mexico. I currently watch it on a Amazon Fire new generation box, on another TV on Apple TV and in one room on a not so current Roku since the TV is older. It works perfect on all three. Amazon Prime Video in Thailand without a VPN is a total waste. iFlix must have run out of money to buy any new content. Netflix is "the real deal" for expats (other than sports or news coverage).  Nothing else is close in 2018.  Sure easy to change languages, sub titles, and keep or delete your viewing records. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2018 at 11:59 AM, kamalabob2 said:

Netflix is excellent from a technical point, depth of content, ease of use, price and dependability. It has a downside. Binge watching of Narcos  Mexico. I currently watch it on a Amazon Fire new generation box, on another TV on Apple TV and in one room on a not so current Roku since the TV is older. It works perfect on all three. Amazon Prime Video in Thailand without a VPN is a total waste. iFlix must have run out of money to buy any new content. Netflix is "the real deal" for expats (other than sports or news coverage).  Nothing else is close in 2018.  Sure easy to change languages, sub titles, and keep or delete your viewing records. 

Recently got netflix too... i love it. At first only on my computers and now with a amazon firestick also on the tv. The remote comes in handy. 

I think netflix is great if you dont watch sports then its a good deal to dump true.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Recently got netflix too... i love it. At first only on my computers and now with a amazon firestick also on the tv. The remote comes in handy. 

I think netflix is great if you dont watch sports then its a good deal to dump true.

Also the sound.  Try comparing Netflix 5.1 with Fox HD on true - Netflix much better.  Sports seem better sound and picture on True. 

Archived