British duke arrives on trip to enhance bilateral ties

webfact

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ozmeldo said:

No matter how ridiculous US politics get, we are no longer paying for this absurd theater.

No doubt, Phuket just a port of call for the 300ft super yacht.

Sun never sets...

Oh I don't know - at least we're not sending Mr Trump's son in law...

9 hours ago, Oxx said:

They could at least have had the common courtesy to use his full name and titles:  His Royal Highness Prince Richard Alexander Walter George, Duke of Gloucester, Earl of Ulster and Baron Culloden, Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order, Grand Prior of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem.

Not sure what he did to get all those titles, though.  Must have been something really, really important.

Don't give Maj/Gen Big Joke any ideas.:cheesy:

6 hours ago, pegman said:

Or Dick will do for short. When I saw a British Duke was visiting Chonburi prov I thought for sure it had to be Randy Andy fresh off the daughter's wedding.

More like fresh off his UK taxpayer funded helicopter after touring all these golf courses.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

On his first day in Bangkok, the duke will tour the Jim Thompson House, a famous Bangkok residence and art collection.

Then on the second day he will visit Soi Nana to inspect the night life and meet the locals. 

3 hours ago, losername said:

That's a lot of probably you have there.  There's lots of information on the Internet for you to read if you can be bothered but now you have posted it is "probably" too late.  Actually you are right to whinge a bit.  "Alan Reid, Keeper of the Privy Purse, said the newly released accounts show that the royal family costs each taxpayer about 65 pence per year, representing the cost of a first-class stamp.Jun 27, 2017".  That 65p must really hurt.  Less than the cost of a small Leo.

Not forgetting the millions generated by tourists visiting the UK because of the "Royals" 

10 hours ago, lanista said:

Never heard of him which is not surprising considering how many dukes, earls ,lords , prince's princesse's,counts, countesses, viscounts  etc etc  they have on that huge Royal Brit family tree.

Atleast Thailand cuts all the branches leaving very little except the immediate Royal family tree.

Much better !!

You must be joking. Read your Thai history, the place is awash with royals.

20 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Not forgetting the millions generated by tourists visiting the UK because of the "Royals" 

And yet tourists still visit places like France, Italy, America, which have no "Royals", in their hordes.

The top countries by number of tourists:

France - 82.6m annual visitors (2016)
United States - 77.5m (2015)
Spain - 75.6m (2016)
China - 59.3m (2016)
Italy - 52.4m (2016)
Turkey - 39.5m (2015)
United Kingdom - 35.8m (2016)
Germany - 35.6m (2016)

Only Spain and the UK currently have a Royal family to the best of my knowledge.

In the case of Thailand, which is the bigger attraction? The Monarchy? Or cheap whores?

11 hours ago, sungod said:

Look at all those gongs on his chest, must be some kind of war hero?

Maybe he came via North Korea and KRAZY KIM took a liking to him, he likes to pin medals on people....almost as much fun as feeding Relatives to the Dogs.

10 hours ago, Artisi said:

Would think his contribution to the world would out-weigh yours a thousand times over and, how many war zones have you been near -fighting your way onto a bar stool doesn't count. 

Just looked at his awards, don't think he has been in a war zone either, just 'I belong to the Royals' awards, not a single campaign medal amongst them

24 minutes ago, Oxx said:

And yet tourists still visit places like France, Italy, America, which have no "Royals", in their hordes.

Spain - 75.6m (2016)
China - 59.3m (2016)
Italy - 52.4m (2016)
Turkey - 39.5m (2015)
Germany - 35.6m (2016)

Only Spain and the UK currently have a Royal family to the best of my knowledge.

In the case of Thailand, which is the bigger attraction? The Monarchy? Or cheap whores?

Sweden, Norway ,Netherlands have Kings. Extend your  Knowledge. Other European States have Princes too. Not every one loves Communists.

7 hours ago, taninthai said:

I see the other two from same family have flown to Australia no doubt at taxpayers expense again,

Prince Harry (actually been to war zones and served) is off to open the Invictus games, a wonderful cause that encourages disabled serviceman to participate in a sporting competition. Incredible what some of these guys can achieve with their disabilities.  Fair play to him.

17 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:
49 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Spain - 75.6m (2016)
China - 59.3m (2016)
Italy - 52.4m (2016)
Turkey - 39.5m (2015)
Germany - 35.6m (2016)

Sweden, Norway ,Netherlands have Kings. Extend your  Knowledge. Other European States have Princes too. Not every one loves Communists.

Try learning to read.  I didn't mention Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands in my list.  Ignoramus.

I bet they regret flogging the embassy now, great place for showing the flag. I suppose the embassy rents a corner somewhere, probably in a Chinese!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Oh, apparently it’s French food, or should I say EU food?

14 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Well, had you been the proud owner of a Morris Marina, you would really have my sympathy.

Well, at least the steering wheels didn't come off on a Morris Marina!

Never happened to me, but It did to a mate of mine, just outside Catterick Garrison.

But I digress - so did my pal actually, straight into a ditch! The REME recovered it for us, but my mate rather lost interest in the brand after that...

18 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Try learning to read.  I didn't mention Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands in my list.  Ignoramus.

19 minutes ago, Oxx said:

No matter your post was just a lefty millennial rant anyway.

35 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

No matter your post was just a lefty millennial rant anyway.

I appreciate that you are profoundly embarrassed by your ignorance and inability to read and understand a few short sentences.  As you say "no matter".  I forgive you.

5 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

No matter how ridiculous US politics get, we are no longer paying for this absurd theater.

No doubt, Phuket just a port of call for the 300ft super yacht.

Sun never sets...

555, absurd threater? So what would you call what's going on in your White House right now?

11 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

He's a Royal.

Nothing more important than that in Thailand and I mean nothing.

You will also note the regalia and the medals. Similar systems and orders have been adopted by Thailand.

Rest assured he will get far more respect from the Thais than some ill-mannered loudmouth in a poorly fitted business suit and loafers. 

Don't you speak bad about Boris! LOL!

13 hours ago, Oxx said:

They could at least have had the common courtesy to use his full name and titles:  His Royal Highness Prince Richard Alexander Walter George, Duke of Gloucester, Earl of Ulster and Baron Culloden, Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order, Grand Prior of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem.

Not sure what he did to get all those titles, though.  Must have been something really, really important.

Really? Just look at any Thai police or military official. perhaps teachers and even the people who sweep the roads and they will ALL have more medals than the Duke of Gloucester.

Belay that.   

His list of decorations are here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Richard,_Duke_of_Gloucester

3 of the UK ones are jubilee and one is a Coronation medal. Many people were awarded these.

3 of the five Commonwealth medals were Independence medals and the rest are odd foreign medals.

Archived