British duke arrives on trip to enhance bilateral ties

webfact

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Right up to providing Thai Immigration with Embassy letters - then there's a deafening silence.

You do know that what the Embassy is being asked to provide is something new that it cannot comply with?  Try directing your misplaced ridicule at Thai Immigration!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

ok, I will have a stab at this, grandson of King George V just maybe.

Similar to the current Queen's grandsons who appear to be amassing a collection of titles.

"Similar to the current Queen's grandsons who appear to be amassing a collection of titles".

...and they get no ridicule from Thaivisa ignoramuses!

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

Would think his contribution to the world would out-weigh yours a thousand times over and, how many war zones have you been near -fighting your way onto a bar stool doesn't count. 

These people live of taxpayers money ,I see the other two from same family have flown to Australia no doubt at taxpayers expense again,it’s getting cold in England now they must fancy a bit of warm weather.........have you seen the state of england full of poverty,roads a mess,no police...super high taxes  and the government constantly bringing in new charges and taxes...then when you have been a slave to them for your whole life ,they offer you a paltry sum that you cannot even live on,,,,civilised and a democracy ....no way ....more like human slavery,,,,.yes you guessed it I can’t stand them????

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

Never heard of him!

And I should think he has never heard of you either so on that assumption you are both equals.

If people had read all of the report then you would notice that the Dinner being held by the Britis Ambassador,  cooking done by some French Big Mac award holder,  is in association with Siam Piwat Group.

If you google the directors of that company it appears to look like the Who's Who of Thailand's "connected Elite".   Guess they aren't all invited for the grub but may explain why the Embassy is too busy to answer our calls on the certification of income letter issues - too busy pandering to these people ensuring the menu is to their liking !

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

And I should think he has never heard of you either so on that assumption you are both equals.

If people had read all of the report then you would notice that the Dinner being held by the Britis Ambassador,  cooking done by some French Big Mac award holder,  is in association with Siam Piwat Group.

If you google the directors of that company it appears to look like the Who's Who of Thailand's "connected Elite".   Guess they aren't all invited for the grub but may explain why the Embassy is too busy to answer our calls on the certification of income letter issues - too busy pandering to these people ensuring the menu is to their liking !

I googled that due to boredom.   See what you mean and there is no doubt where their affiliations must lay.

4 hours ago, taninthai said:

A ponsing prick who probably never done a days work in his life....living off families money which probably comes from my taxes.

probably never been anywhere near a war zone

Nope doesn't live off your taxes. The Civil List, those that are supported by the British taxpayer was cut drastically years ago. Just Betty, her children and a very few direct relatives now. She even pays income taxes these days.

If you had bothered to actually use Google before you posted you faux-outraged comments, you would have found out that he used to be a practicing architect.

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

He's a Royal.

Nothing more important than that in Thailand and I mean nothing.

You will also note the regalia and the medals. Similar systems and orders have been adopted by Thailand.

Rest assured he will get far more respect from the Thais than some ill-mannered loudmouth in a poorly fitted business suit and loafers.

Are you casting aspersions on our Diplomatic Corps?

3 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Nope doesn't live off your taxes. The Civil List, those that are supported by the British taxpayer was cut drastically years ago. Just Betty, her children and a very few direct relatives now. She even pays income taxes these days.

If you had bothered to actually use Google before you posted you faux-outraged comments, you would have found out that he used to be a practicing architect.

And he once owned an Austin 1300

10 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Yeah I’m sure his flight was paid out of his own pocket I suppose he pays his own expenses too.........and yes someone did use google and he was a architect for 3 years .....ah ....diddums I bet that was hard work for him.

1 minute ago, taninthai said:

Yeah I’m sure his flight was paid out of his own pocket I suppose he pays his own expenses too.........and yes someone did use google and he was a architect for 3 years .....ah ....diddums I bet that was hard work for him.

Looks like the old green envy cloud is out again.  It is however irrespective.   He is here on behalf of the UK Government to promote ties to Thais.

10 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

He is here on behalf of the UK Government to promote ties to Thais.

So he is using tax payers money then,Thai pm was in U.K. 2 months ago didn’t they discuss all that then?,,,,,,,who knows what they really get up to ,,,,they live in a different world from us,,,,,,if people believe everything they say and live there life like sheep that’s up to them ,,,,but it’s not for me ,that’s why I have escaped,,,,,,,,,,I’m outta here ,,,,,,

2 minutes ago, taninthai said:

So he is using tax payers money then,Thai pm was in U.K. 2 months ago didn’t they discuss all that then?,,,,,,,who knows what they really get up to ,,,,they live in a different world from us,,,,,,if people believe everything they say and live there life like sheep that’s up to them ,,,,but it’s not for me ,that’s why I have escaped,,,,,,,,,,I’m outta here ,,,,,,

baaaa

6 hours ago, lanista said:

Never heard of him which is not surprising considering how many dukes, earls ,lords , prince's princesse's,counts, countesses, viscounts  etc etc  they have on that huge Royal Brit family tree.

Atleast Thailand cuts all the branches leaving very little except the immediate Royal family tree.

Much better !!

Not quite correct. There are those in my wife's family who have the title Mom.

6 hours ago, taninthai said:

A ponsing prick who probably never done a days work in his life....living off families money which probably comes from my taxes.

probably never been anywhere near a war zone

That's a lot of probably you have there.  There's lots of information on the Internet for you to read if you can be bothered but now you have posted it is "probably" too late.  Actually you are right to whinge a bit.  "Alan Reid, Keeper of the Privy Purse, said the newly released accounts show that the royal family costs each taxpayer about 65 pence per year, representing the cost of a first-class stamp.Jun 27, 2017".  That 65p must really hurt.  Less than the cost of a small Leo.

7 hours ago, Oxx said:

They could at least have had the common courtesy to use his full name and titles:  His Royal Highness Prince Richard Alexander Walter George, Duke of Gloucester, Earl of Ulster and Baron Culloden, Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order, Grand Prior of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem.

Not sure what he did to get all those titles, though.  Must have been something really, really important.

To add to this list his official residence is Kensington Palace in London and his other home, Barnwell Manor, near Oundle in Northamptonshire, is let out to tenants.

11 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

No matter how ridiculous US politics get, we are no longer paying for this absurd theater.

No doubt, Phuket just a port of call for the 300ft super yacht.

Sun never sets...

I have the same problem with my blancmange.

2 hours ago, taninthai said:

While you're gone see if you can work out what this does?

image.jpeg.bb3fb6dc08dedf8b334896dccf9c3d13.jpeg

Back on topic; HRH is well liked by the Corps & Regiments in which he is involved as he gets stuck in & isn't easily fooled by the hierarchy.

Archived