Conversion ASEAN country Driving license into Thai

Has anybody converted their ASEAN license into a Thai and did this go without any problems? ASEAN license does not require international permit to drive in Thailand but I wonder if that is true for the conversion as well. 
Thanks in advance.

You still need international driving license for driving in Thai. They can convert international driving license but depend on the convention year. (Must be under 1968)

4 minutes ago, cowbee said:

You still need international driving license for driving in Thai. They can convert international driving license but depend on the convention year. (Must be under 1968)

I think you are wrong. To drive here ASEAN countries are the exception and not required to use an IDP

I think you are wrong. To drive here ASEAN countries are the exception and not required to use an IDP

Well. Practically maybe like that but on the road, that is not something you can argue about. TiT, and dont forget Thailand is the #3 corrupt countries in the Asia.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tanvigupta/2017/03/13/asias-five-most-corrupt-countries/#33f3a58f6a98

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, cowbee said:

Well. Practically maybe like that but on the road, that is not something you can argue about. TiT, and dont forget Thailand is the #3 corrupt countries in the Asia.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tanvigupta/2017/03/13/asias-five-most-corrupt-countries/#33f3a58f6a98

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - so I take you don't know the answer.  Will revisit your reply when I will have a question about corruption...