New Yamaha MT15

papa al

12 hours ago, Thian said:

The MT is from Honda....Yamaha should stick to their DT...

???????????

Que?

Yamaha MT01 the original MT from 2005, (now sadly no longer made)

MT03

MT07

MT09

MT10

and now the Yamaha MT15.

Sorry, what Honda are you referring to?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

???????????

Que?

MT03

MT07

MT09

MT10

and now the Yamaha MT15.

Must be a Dutch thing, but there was a honda MT motorcyle and CB (if im remembering) one was a race the other an offroad. We are talking about a 50cc bike. I owned one when I was 16

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

???????????

Que?

MT03

MT07

MT09

MT10

and now the Yamaha MT15.

https://www.google.com/search?q=honda+mt&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6i8GAtIreAhUL26QKHeY8DD4Q_AUIDigB&biw=1536&bih=723#imgrc=tOQtqFdz9Ls7hM:

IMG_20181007_123557.jpg.9213bf4d44783055c5d6587acc161dac.jpg

cool looking bike, it caught my eye at Buriram as it was about the only bike in the commercial area I took a picture of that did not have a pretty posing next to it 5555

for me to make if feel worth having a geared bike I would want at least 250cc though

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Gosh thanx for that. Really interesting.

Do you actually own a motorcycle or ride these days?

So Honda had an MT last century used on small dual sport or off road bikes.

Yamaha use the MT code this century on a series of road based transformer bikes (apart from the legend that is the MT01) that have sold well in excess of 100,000 worldwide. I believe over 40,000 MT07's in the UK alone.

Your original point was what?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Gosh thanx for that. Really interesting.

Do you actually own a motorcycle or ride these days?

So Honda had an MT last century used on small dual sport or off road bikes.

Yamaha use the MT code this century on a series of road based transformer bikes (apart from the legend that is the MT01) that have sold well in excess of 100,000 worldwide. I believe over 40,000 MT07's in the UK alone.

Your original point was what?

https://www.google.com/search?q=yamaha+dt&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiii_Ckz4reAhWB-qQKHdcRBbkQ_AUIDigB&biw=1536&bih=723

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Thian said:

So.

I'll ask you again.

Do you ride? Do you own a motorcycle? Do you have an interest in motorcycles?

Or do you just google?

Oh, and i know all about Yamaha's DT's.

Very nice 2 stroke dirt bikes or trail bikes as we used to say. The 400 being the pick of the bunch. Stopped production by the early 80's i believe, but i'm sure you can google that for me and correct me..........

Ta velly much, i wanted one when i was 16-17.

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

So.

I'll ask you again.

Do you ride? Do you own a motorcycle? Do you have an interest in motorcycles?

Or do you just google?

Oh, and i know all about Yamaha's DT's.

Very nice 2 stroke dirt bikes or trail bikes as we used to say. The 400 being the pick of the bunch. Stopped production by the early 80's i believe, but i'm sure you can google that for me and correct me..........

Ta velly much, i wanted one when i was 16-17.

Not that it has anything to do with the discussion that MT's are from Honda and DT's are from Yamaha but yes i had both of them, many times. Also have big bikes, i mean real big bikes which are twice as fast as any Guzzi.

Would i buy a yamaha mt? Nope because there are more honda dealers in thailand than there are yamaha dealers. Also honda's keep value longer in thailand.

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Not that it has anything to do with the discussion that MT's are from Honda and DT's are from Yamaha but yes i had both of them, many times. Also have big bikes, i mean real big bikes which are twice as fast as any Guzzi.

Would i buy a yamaha mt? Nope because there are more honda dealers in thailand than there are yamaha dealers. Also honda's keep value longer in thailand.

Ok ok ok ok you win!

Whatever. Honda Schmonda. Yamaha Schamada. You win.

More dealers, less dealers, more value, less resale value, all the IMPORTANT decisions when buying a motorcycle....

YOU WIN.

Just go away and stop.

3 hours ago, Thian said:

i mean real big bikes which are twice as fast as any Guzzi.

oo, really really weally impressed now, WE HAVE A WINNER!

Looks good, much like the bigger brothers in the MT range. Guess the MT07 will be the next one to adopt the new front end.

MT is pretty much synonymous with Yamaha these days (for anyone not stuck in the 80's). Yamaha nailed it with this range of bikes, they even made the XSR900 from the same platform for the guys who like their brand new bikes to look 40 years old ????????????

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

rather than transformers....????

2016-Yamaha-XSR900-Summer-2018-2.jpg.237aa501282b70f50a74d7d0e06c98a5.jpg

Yeah those Speedblock graphics are awesome but there's something a bit wrong about the rest of the bike IMO. Seems a bit contrived.

Motodemic do a headlight conversion (shown below) for the MT09 which I might do to mine if I get bored of the modern look although so far I'm happy with it.

Image result for mt09 headlight mod

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Yeah those Speedblock graphics are awesome but there's something a bit wrong about the rest of the bike IMO. Seems a bit contrived.

Motodemic do a headlight conversion (shown below) for the MT09 which I might do to mine if I get bored of the modern look although so far I'm happy with it.

Image result for mt09 headlight mod

You've got an MT09? Excellent.

I must get down to KK someday (nearest Yamaha dealers to me) and test one. Just for the motor, absolutely every journo in the whole world raves about the motor. I would not buy an MT as i prefer a motorcycle rather than a transformer ie if i was buying, it would be the XSR.  The MT in your pic looks soooooooo much better with that front light. They transform a Speed Triple too.

The XSR in the pic i posted is from some American forum (possibly Adv Rider - XSR 900 owners or similar) and that bike has a dart flyscreen over a cheapo version of the Motodemic (have you seen the price?!), and the seat cowl is genuine Yamaha accessories. Yeah, can't beat yellow & Yamaha & speed blocks...

Edit.

Remember now, it was a topic on the Graves (spelling?) ECU flash and 3:1 full ex system which this bike has. Possibly a Graves show bike....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

You've got an MT09? Excellent.

I must get down to KK someday (nearest Yamaha dealers to me) and test one. Just for the motor, absolutely every journo in the whole world raves about the motor. I would not buy an MT as i prefer a motorcycle rather than a transformer ie if i was buying, it would be the XSR.  The MT in your pic looks soooooooo much better with that front light. They transform a Speed Triple too.

The XSR in the pic i posted is from some American forum (possibly Adv Rider - XSR 900 owners or similar) and that bike has a dart flyscreen over a cheapo version of the Motodemic (have you seen the price?!), and the seat cowl is genuine Yamaha accessories. Yeah, can't beat yellow & Yamaha & speed blocks...

Edit.

Remember now, it was a topic on the Graves (spelling?) ECU flash and 3:1 full ex system which this bike has. Possibly a Graves show bike....

Yeah I got the mt09 about 14 months ago. It's a great bike, I use it primarily for hooligan rides in Bangkok but I also did a tour of the North on it with a passenger and panniers. Chiang mai to Pai was a lot of fun even in the wet.

I'm not in love with the look but the combination of comfort and that torquey triple makes up for it, tons of character. If I had time I'd probably change the exhaust and the headlight but at the moment I'm lucky to find time to ride it, let alone modify it.

• Like 1