Hand-washing helps prevent many diseases: Thai Health Department

webfact

6 hours ago, sensei said:

Food vendors should be made aware of this.

Some handle FOOD and money without even bothering about what could be passed on.

On the market they do wear gloves but with the same glove they butcher pigs, pack it and take your money/change.....

Even in Foodland the butchers do that, i always ask for another bag around my meat but then again he packs it with his dirty gloves. They just refuse to understand the basics of hygiene...

4 hours ago, connda said:

Interesting.  I often see men washing their hands after using the facilities at public restrooms.  I venture that the proportion of Thais who wash vs those who don't is similar as you'd find in any Western country, or more so.  If you haven't noticed, Thais are very cleanliness conscious in regard to personal hygiene.  More so than Westerners, well, except for my Mom. She was a one-women army in a War Against Bacteria.  :thumbsup:

They don’t use soap 

On 10/16/2018 at 4:49 PM, Thian said:

Oh and have you seen those huge mountains of chickenpieces in Makro or Tesco? They all grab them by bare hands and put them in baggies....no washing and off they go pushing the cart....

The same cart they let the kids  stand in with their dirty shoes on but not the same shoes they have to take off before going into their houses?

Archived