Koh Tao rape claim dismissed by Thai police, citing lack of evidence and no DNA

webfact

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Shut up about what? That the UK authories haven’t stated anything. This is true. Please feel free to source otherwise. 

As for the British police not being allowed to answer a question on whether they tested it, it’s you stating that as fact. I don’t believe that to be true. So do the honorable thing and show proof they can’t answer about testing the seman. You can’t. That’s your opinion. 

I don't have to prove anything, especially to somebody like you.

Knowing the UK system, I am perfectly happy with the information I've been given and the progress that's been made.

As you obviously are not it's up to you to go to the necessary people to get the answers you need......and they won't be found on Thai Visa. There are three suggested places.

1. The UK police:

Although the ALLEGED crime supposedly occurred in Thailand, because the girl initially made the complaint to the UK Police they have a duty to assess those allegations with a view to report them, through diplomatic channels, to the Royal Thai Police and offer any assistance they can. At this point the UK Police have a duty to keep the complainant fully informed and up to date with the process plus liaise with the RTP and keep any and all evidence safe and available to them. At this point it becomes a RTP investigation, with a proviso that they show the UK Police that a thorough investigation is taking place. Diplomatic protocol prevents the UK police from making statements to the media/general public without prior knowledge and agreement of the RTP, so they just won't do it.

I've already given you an address and phone number in a previous post for you to contact and ask the UK Police yourself. Did they refuse to answer or did you not bother to ask?  

2. Royal Thai Police:

You want the answer so go ask them, see what they say.

3. The girl and fer family:

The UK Police would have kept them fully informed so they will definitely know the answer to your question. If you're not sure how to contact them try contacting the Samui Times. I'm sure they'd be only too pleased to help.

Just one last question for you though, You appear to have very little/limited knowledge of the UK Police system and the rules they must abide by plus, the spelling of some of the words you use are the American version, not the British version.....so is some of your spelling just bad, maybe you simply use an American spell check, OR are you not British????

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, sumrit said:

I don't have to prove anything, especially to somebody like you.

Knowing the UK system, I am perfectly happy with the information I've been given and the progress that's been made.

As you obviously are not it's up to you to go to the necessary people to get the answers you need......and they won't be found on Thai Visa. There are three suggested places.

1. The UK police:

Although the ALLEGED crime supposedly occurred in Thailand, because the girl initially made the complaint to the UK Police they have a duty to assess those allegations with a view to report them, through diplomatic channels, to the Royal Thai Police and offer any assistance they can. At this point the UK Police have a duty to keep the complainant fully informed and up to date with the process plus liaise with the RTP and keep any and all evidence safe and available to them. At this point it becomes a RTP investigation, with a proviso that they show the UK Police that a thorough investigation is taking place. Diplomatic protocol prevents the UK police from making statements to the media/general public without prior knowledge and agreement of the RTP, so they just won't do it.

I've already given you an address and phone number in a previous post for you to contact and ask the UK Police yourself. Did they refuse to answer or did you not bother to ask?  

2. Royal Thai Police:

You want the answer so go ask them, see what they say.

3. The girl and fer family:

The UK Police would have kept them fully informed so they will definitely know the answer to your question. If you're not sure how to contact them try contacting the Samui Times. I'm sure they'd be only too pleased to help.

Just one last question for you though, You appear to have very little/limited knowledge of the UK Police system and the rules they must abide by plus, the spelling of some of the words you use are the American version, not the British version.....so is some of your spelling just bad, maybe you simply use an American spell check, OR are you not British????

I’m not here to debate which of us is more British or which of us know more about UK police procedure. Stop strawmanning and stay on point. 

You stated the UK police are not allowed to disclose if they tested the t-shirt or not. I refuted that claim. If you’d like to prove me wrong, supply some links/evidence. If not, your claim is merely an opinion. I don’t have to prove anything. The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. Not the person questioning the claim. 

I don’t think the UK police would be allowed to test the t-shirt; therefore, I believe they didn’t. This is my opinion. You claim otherwise. That is your opinion. 

One thing that is a fact is that the UK police have never once stated they did anything. 

2 hours ago, sumrit said:

I think the only way you're going to get an answer is to ask the family, the UK police ARE likely to have told them. And, with the attitude of the mother so far, I'm sure she would be only too happy to answer your question ............ unless of course the answer goes against her daughter's story and the answer you want to hear.

I think some inferences can be drawn from what's been said.
After the RTP press conference the mother immediately expressed disapproval of the the findings by the Thais; she, on the Samui Times, was quoted as saying she didn't believe the statements from the RTP that no DNA was found on the shirt, from memory her words were "at least they should have found the DNA from my daughter".

First off the RTP did not say they found no DNA during that press conference, they said they found the girls DNA plus another profile from a man, what they said was they found no DNA from semen. So the first inference is that she is being lied to by someone if she's been led to believe that no DNA was found at all.

The second inference is that they must have insisted the UK police analyze that shirt and the test results from the UK and they support the RTP conclusion that there was no DNA from semen on the shirt; because, assuming the mother is privy to those results she would have surely not limited her comments to "they should have at least found DNA from my daughter", she would be screaming bloody murder about the RTP no corroborating the findings from the UK about the supposed semen DNA.

On a separate note, it's worth pointing out that again no case was filed with the RTP about the alleged rape after the meeting with the Thai team in the UK. So after all the sound and fury about the RTP allegedly refusing to accept the case this is the conclusion.
This and the fact that the UK embassy wasn't contacted at the time of the alleged events only reinforces the notion that, contrary to what's been said, she did not try to file a rape case while in Thailand.

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I’m not here to debate which of us is more British or which of us know more about UK police procedure. Stop strawmanning and stay on point. 

You stated the UK police are not allowed to disclose if they tested the t-shirt or not. I refuted that claim. If you’d like to prove me wrong, supply some links/evidence. If not, your claim is merely an opinion. I don’t have to prove anything. The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. Not the person questioning the claim. 

I don’t think the UK police would be allowed to test the t-shirt; therefore, I believe they didn’t. This is my opinion. You claim otherwise. That is your opinion. 

One thing that is a fact is that the UK police have never once stated they did anything. 

So you’re not British then? 

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

You wanted me to refer to a quote where you said/implied/assumed the British authorities tested the t-shirt and found no semen. I can’t be bothered to read back through your posts. So it would be easier for you to simply state what you think the British authorities did with the t-shirt. So again, I’m asking a simple question, “Do you think the British police tested the t-shirt for semen?” 

The british authorities never said they tested the t-shirt. I think members like yourself, JLCrab and Frank83628 can stop trying to debate this with me. It’s written nowhere that they did. 

I'm beginning to think either you have a bad memory or you're intentionally trying to divert conversations via strawman arguments.

You said earlier that you believe the police didn't test. I replied that you can't know that and the t-shirt was handed over for testing. You asked me for a link, I gave you one. You then asked me where does it say that police have tested. I told you that I never said they did, just that it seems likely and reminded you that I'm disagreeing with you saying they didn't test. You then repeated your request for info showing that they did test. I said again that I never said they did, just that I don't agree with you that they didn't. And here you are again asking where does it say they tested.

Let me state it for the last time very clearly: I don't agree with you that we can conclude they didn't test.

Funny how when there's a rape and no evidence the conclusion it is did happen. When there's a question of DNA testing and no evidence the conclusion is it didn't happen. How convenient.

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Now, like you said, this is a crime in someone else’s jurisdiction. The British police have zero authority to test this t-shirt for anything. It would be unprofessional/unethical/not within their rights to do so and could seriously damage any case going forward. The British police contact the Thai police and explain the story. They explain how they have a t-shirt that might be evidence in the case. So, what do you think the best course of action is here? Have the girl take the t-shirt home until the Thai police can come and collect it? Or have the British police keep this t-shirt in their secure evidence lock-up until the Thai police can come and collect it?

Interesting bit of insight.

As you're big on asking for links, do you have a link showing this communication back and forth between UK and Thai police?

1 hour ago, Crash999 said:

I'm beginning to think either you have a bad memory or you're intentionally trying to divert conversations via strawman arguments.

You said earlier that you believe the police didn't test. I replied that you can't know that and the t-shirt was handed over for testing. You asked me for a link, I gave you one. You then asked me where does it say that police have tested. I told you that I never said they did, just that it seems likely and reminded you that I'm disagreeing with you saying they didn't test. You then repeated your request for info showing that they did test. I said again that I never said they did, just that I don't agree with you that they didn't. And here you are again asking where does it say they tested.

Let me state it for the last time very clearly: I don't agree with you that we can conclude they didn't test.

Funny how when there's a rape and no evidence the conclusion it is did happen. When there's a question of DNA testing and no evidence the conclusion is it didn't happen. How convenient.

First thing -  'strawman'? Don't copy my posts. 

Second - you've never sent me a link to where the British authorities have specifically stated they tested the t-shirt for semen. This is the one and only link I've ever asked for. Any other links you may or may not have sent have been moot. 

Thirdly - It makes no difference to me what you conclude with me. The British authorities have never said they tested anything. You can believe they did. I believe they didn't.

Lastly - this isn't about whether a rape did or did not happen. We will probably never know for certain now. This has always been about people assuming the British authorities tested for semen to give credit to this investigation. This isn't nuanced. Either you believe the British tested for semen or you don't. I don't. And there's not one statement from the British to say that they did. 

1 hour ago, Crash999 said:

Interesting bit of insight.

As you're big on asking for links, do you have a link showing this communication back and forth between UK and Thai police?

No, I don't. It's that easy to say no. 

Do you have a link where the British authorities have stated they tested the t-shirt for semen? That's the only link I've ever asked for. 

33 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

No, I don't. It's that easy to say no. 

Do you have a link where the British authorities have stated they tested the t-shirt for semen? That's the only link I've ever asked for. 

Why would the UK Police make a statement like that public???????

The Authorities in the country you come from may well do that. Thankfully the rules and regulations they abide by mean the UK police don't act in such an irresponsible way.

19 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Why would the UK Police make a statement like that public???????

The Authorities in the country you come from may well do that. Thankfully the rules and regulations they abide by mean the UK police don't act in such an irresponsible way.

Why would the UK authorities state they tested for semen? Why not? In a case where there were many people distrustful of the police on Kho Tao and the RTP in general (the 2014 murders on Kho Tao a massive factor) why wouldn't they just confirm they also tested it? Would certainly add credibility to the investigation. 

What's the point in testing for something if you can't say you did? Why do the UK police have to test for semen when it's not their investigation? The RTP are perfectly capable of doing their own tests, right?

What's the point in testing for something if you can't say you did?  Why do the UK police have to test for semen when it's not their investigation? The RTP are perfectly capable of doing their own tests, right?

What's the point in testing for something if you can't say you did? they can say and they did. (to the relevant people)

The initial complaint was made to the UK Police and their initial task is to determine whether a crime may have been committed and whether it should be referred to the RTP. As the teeshirt was possible evidence the UK are likely to have carried out some initial tests. The results of those tests would have been relayed to both the RTP and the complainant. They wouldn't make the results available to the media or general public.

Why do the UK police have to test for semen when it's not their investigation?

The UK Police would need to make some initial tests to help to determine the possible validity of the complaint.

The RTP are perfectly capable of doing their own tests, right?

OF COURSE THEY ARE. And with the results being relayed to both the UK Police and the complainant I'm sure they would do everything correctly, down to the last letter. (remembering of course that the girl has never actually made an official complaint to the RTP. The RTP are actually carrying out their investigation at the request of the UK Police and will liaise with them on their findings)

3 minutes ago, sumrit said:

What's the point in testing for something if you can't say you did? they can say and they did. (to the relevant people)

The initial complaint was made to the UK Police and their initial task is to determine whether a crime may have been committed and whether it should be referred to the RTP. As the teeshirt was possible evidence the UK are likely to have carried out some initial tests. The results of those tests would have been relayed to both the RTP and the complainant. They wouldn't make the results available to the media or general public.

Why do the UK police have to test for semen when it's not their investigation?

The UK Police would need to make some initial tests to help to determine the possible validity of the complaint.

The RTP are perfectly capable of doing their own tests, right?

OF COURSE THEY ARE. And with the results being relayed to both the UK Police and the complainant I'm sure they would do everything correctly, down to the last letter. (remembering of course that the girl has never actually made an official complaint to the RTP. The RTP are actually carrying out their investigation at the request of the UK Police and will liaise with them on their findings)

The police in the UK don’t get to decide anything. This isn’t their investigation. The alleged rape victim makes the complaint. She did or didn’t do so with the advice of the UK police. They have no power to go forward with anything.  They are nothing more than a middle man with zero power to do anything. 

It doesn’t matter what the British police think or whether they think a crime happened. This is a crime that happened outside of their jurisdiction.  It’s all on the alleged victim to file a complaint with the Thai police and it’s on the Thai police whether to start an investigation. 

There’s zero reason for the British police to test for semen (or any form of DNA) unless the Thai authorities specifically asked them to do so and the British police complied. The British police wouldn’t take any semen tests without the permission of the Thai police first. The UK and Thailand are both sovereign nations. 

You seem hell bent on having me, and others, believe that the UK police tested and found no semen, without providing any proof for this. Why don’t you use that energy to either prove they did test the t-shirt, or simply find a link on the British police’s PROTOCOL on disclosing information about tests they conduct involving foreign investigations out of their jurisdiction. 

Until then, you’re not convincing me of anything. You can keep banging your head against a wall or you can be pragmatic. Or even better, accept yours is an opinion and so is mine. 

You seem hell bent on having me, and others, believe that the UK police tested and found no semen, without providing any proof for this. Why don’t you use that energy to either prove they did test the t-shirt, or simply find a link on the British police’s PROTOCOL on disclosing information about tests they conduct involving foreign investigations out of their jurisdiction. 

Until then, you’re not convincing me of anything. You can keep banging your head against a wall or you can be pragmatic. Or even better, accept yours is an opinion and so is mine. 

Don't need to.

A story running at the moment in the UK that, although having a totally different crime, mirrors this situation in that the 'crime' was committed in one country, namely Spain, but the complaint wasn't made there (and still hasn't been), the complaint was made to the UK police in England.

The article explains in detail the protocol involved and exactly how the process evolves between the UK authorities, the Spanish authorities and the complainant and what rules govern the process.

Nowhere near near as serious as an alleged rape but the story is about an Englishman racially abusing an elderly lady while sitting in an Irish owned plane about to fly to an airport near London. The process for resolving this problem and which country is responsible for what is, however, the same.

I've attached a copy of the relevant process plus a link to the article to show that I haven't distorted anything. 

Please note: 

UK Police received the initial complaint in the UK then made enquiries and took statements etc to check validity of the complaint before passing the information to the Spanish Police.

UK Police will continue to be involved/provide assistance throughout the case as necessary. 

The Spanish police can't start formal proceedings until they receive an official complaint.

The protocol involves working to an established bilateral agreement.

Other than confirming the nature of the complaint, the UK Police declined/refused to confirm any other details or who they had spoken to, except to confirm they had passed the information to the Spanish police.

As I said, the actual offence might be less serious but the point of this post is to prove that the UK Police work to a set protocol and agreed standard/system with all complaints they receive that involve offences in other countries.

What does your country do, how does it differ???

01..pdf

The day of the Thai police statement about no DNA the FO updated their advice about Thailand, and it was blatantly a negative response to the Thai polices handling of the case.  That strongly suggests they believe the victim.

RTP’s handling of crime on KT is a disgrace.  Basically the KT Thais can commit double murder, rape, manslaughter etc with no consequences for themselves.  The only people who suffer are the victims and the patsys  if needed, but only in double murders - individual deaths and rapes can just be ignored.

Future rape victims will probably choose to suffer in silence as they know they won’t get justice and will be trashed in the media by the Thai police.  These are young girls having their lives destroyed 

The expats who live there are so extreme in their denials of the crimes,  Insurance fraud was suggested the other day as the reason for the rape allegation <deleted>

I suppose if you acknowledge the truth then you have to accept that you’ve morally bankrupted yourselves to live your island dream as it’s easy for an expat to work on KT unlike most of the rest of Thailand

The islands mentality probably has an insidious effect too

This is the above referenced UK Travel-Thailand update :

You should report any incidents of crime to the Thai police before leaving the country. If you do not, your case may not be investigated.

You should be aware that the reporting of crimes in the media is different from that in the UK. Local authorities, including the police, may give detailed press briefings. There have been instances where the victims of crime have been identified and threatened with prosecution by the police for damaging Thailand’s reputation.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/safety-and-security

What it actually suggests, up to you.

BTW it also says on the UK Embassy Bangkok Home page:

Urgent assistance

If you’re in Thailand and you need urgent help (for example, you’ve been attacked, arrested or someone has died), call +66(0)2 xxx-xxxx.

6 hours ago, sumrit said:

Don't need to.

A story running at the moment in the UK that, although having a totally different crime, mirrors this situation in that the 'crime' was committed in one country, namely Spain, but the complaint wasn't made there (and still hasn't been), the complaint was made to the UK police in England.

The article explains in detail the protocol involved and exactly how the process evolves between the UK authorities, the Spanish authorities and the complainant and what rules govern the process.

Nowhere near near as serious as an alleged rape but the story is about an Englishman racially abusing an elderly lady while sitting in an Irish owned plane about to fly to an airport near London. The process for resolving this problem and which country is responsible for what is, however, the same.

I've attached a copy of the relevant process plus a link to the article to show that I haven't distorted anything. 

Please note: 

UK Police received the initial complaint in the UK then made enquiries and took statements etc to check validity of the complaint before passing the information to the Spanish Police.

UK Police will continue to be involved/provide assistance throughout the case as necessary. 

The Spanish police can't start formal proceedings until they receive an official complaint.

The protocol involves working to an established bilateral agreement.

Other than confirming the nature of the complaint, the UK Police declined/refused to confirm any other details or who they had spoken to, except to confirm they had passed the information to the Spanish police.

As I said, the actual offence might be less serious but the point of this post is to prove that the UK Police work to a set protocol and agreed standard/system with all complaints they receive that involve offences in other countries.

What does your country do, how does it differ???

01..pdf

Wow! A story about a man racially abusing someone on ‘a plane’ after they had boarded in Barcelona, and how two EU members are dealing with a crime committed on a plane with witnesses and video footage. 

How on god’s green earth does this bear any relevance to one police force physically examining evidence in a case out of their jurisdiction?

You’ve even attached a PDF with a link to ‘The Daily Mail’ at the bottom, no less. This has nothing to do with antything.

Once I drove a car to the moon. Here’s proof:

1504F9D9-35F5-434F-810F-3CFD38D043A4.jpeg

2 hours ago, cass74 said:

The day of the Thai police statement about no DNA the FO updated their advice about Thailand, and it was blatantly a negative response to the Thai polices handling of the case.  That strongly suggests they believe the victim.

RTP’s handling of crime on KT is a disgrace.  Basically the KT Thais can commit double murder, rape, manslaughter etc with no consequences for themselves.  The only people who suffer are the victims and the patsys  if needed, but only in double murders - individual deaths and rapes can just be ignored.

Future rape victims will probably choose to suffer in silence as they know they won’t get justice and will be trashed in the media by the Thai police.  These are young girls having their lives destroyed 

The expats who live there are so extreme in their denials of the crimes,  Insurance fraud was suggested the other day as the reason for the rape allegation <deleted>

I suppose if you acknowledge the truth then you have to accept that you’ve morally bankrupted yourselves to live your island dream as it’s easy for an expat to work on KT unlike most of the rest of Thailand

The islands mentality probably has an insidious effect too

Interesting conclusion on the FO advice about Thailand. Even more interesting that you accuse people being morally bankrupt when they question a case where nothing lines up. There has not been one piece of evidence yet that supported the accusation and yet the people with a vendetta against KT (like you and Jimmynewbie) still mouth off and make it sound like there is no doubt that this crime occured. I wonder what the source of your bitter agenda is.

16 hours ago, rkidlad said:

First thing -  'strawman'? Don't copy my posts. 

Second - you've never sent me a link to where the British authorities have specifically stated they tested the t-shirt for semen. This is the one and only link I've ever asked for. Any other links you may or may not have sent have been moot. 

Thirdly - It makes no difference to me what you conclude with me. The British authorities have never said they tested anything. You can believe they did. I believe they didn't.

Lastly - this isn't about whether a rape did or did not happen. We will probably never know for certain now. This has always been about people assuming the British authorities tested for semen to give credit to this investigation. This isn't nuanced. Either you believe the British tested for semen or you don't. I don't. And there's not one statement from the British to say that they did. 

We are going in circles here. You've tried to say four times now that I've said the British police tested the semen. I asked you where I said that and you don't want to go back and look at the old posts. I recapped the old posts for you as you didn't want to look back. And you ignored that and again asked for a link where the police said they had tested. 

Either you're trolling or have a problem with reading comprehension. Either way there doesn't seem any point to continue.

8 hours ago, cass74 said:

The police handled the case badly, but the added warnings don't suggest they believe her. In fact the first one is about being sure to report a crime in-country. This suggests that she didn't do so, despite initial info. Otherwise the FO report should advise people that reporting a crime may not be effective and they can suggest other options such as contacting an embassy. 

19 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

We are going in circles here. You've tried to say four times now that I've said the British police tested the semen. I asked you where I said that and you don't want to go back and look at the old posts. I recapped the old posts for you as you didn't want to look back. And you ignored that and again asked for a link where the police said they had tested. 

Either you're trolling or have a problem with reading comprehension. Either way there doesn't seem any point to continue.

If you didn’t say it, stop asking. I told you I wouldn’t be looking through to see.

Anyhoo, do you think the British police tested for semen?

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

If you didn’t say it, stop asking. I told you I wouldn’t be looking through to see.

Anyhoo, do you think the British police tested for semen?

Why don't you start a poll, rkidlad, with your last sentence above?

On 10/17/2018 at 8:39 AM, Crash999 said:

According to the article someone tested the shirt. You can’t find DNA evidence without doing DNA analysis. The shirt was handed over weeks ago to the UK police for DNA analysis. Thai police only just got back. 

It could be a test done one in Thailand but it could also very likely be a test done in the UK as was planned.

But several people are already jumping to the conclusion that it must have been done in Thailand. Meaning in their minds the analysis is invalid. 

‘It could also very likely be a test was done in the UK’

’Several people are already jumping to the conclusion that it must have been done in Thailand”

Now, can you stop asking where you said the British police tested the t-shirt. 

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

Why don't you start a poll, rkidlad, with your last sentence above?

Why don’t you start it. Do you think the UK police tested for semen?

Yes

No

The answer that allows me to backtrack later and deny I said either yes or no 

Being a Yank and not wanting in the least to wade in on UK Police protocol, I will say that, if it turns out the UK Police did not test for DNA and the only testing was done by the Thais in Thailand, the only certain thing about this whole matter IMHO will be that there will be howls from certain parties that such DNA testing is completely unreliable and maybe even falsified and the whole case is far from being resolved.

34 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Being a Yank and not wanting in the least to wade in on UK Police protocol, I will say that, if it turns out the UK Police did not test for DNA and the only testing was done by the Thais in Thailand, the only certain thing about this whole matter IMHO will be that there will be howls from certain parties that such DNA testing is completely unreliable and maybe even falsified and the whole case is far from being resolved.

I am still of the opinion that there is no way that anybody would be stupid enough to release incorrect DNA test results. Given how long the Met had the evidence there must be a reasonable assumption that they might have tested the shirt. With the spotlight on this case and other cases where the UK authorities were asked to assist there is no way anybody would take the risk to end up with egg on their face. 

15 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

I am still of the opinion that there is no way that anybody would be stupid enough to release incorrect DNA test results.

Well there will be factions on here and elsewhere that will say, that when it comes to the RTP, that's just routine.

3 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Well there will be factions on here and elsewhere that will say, that when it comes to the RTP, that's just routine.

yes agreed - but the probability of losing face on such a high profile case seems stacked against this.  They are not stupid people...

‘It could also very likely be a test was done in the UK’

’Several people are already jumping to the conclusion that it must have been done in Thailand”

Now, can you stop asking where you said the British police tested the t-shirt. 

I have to assume here that English is your second or third language as nowhere above did I say the British police definitely tested. I was replying to you who said they did not test. I said we can’t be sure of that, it could also be very likely the test was done in the U.K.  

If you said X did not happen and someone says you can’t be sure of that, it doesn’t mean the person is saying X with certainty did happen. 

To put it in children’s terms, you are suggesting that an animal is a cat. I’m saying we can’t know that because we can’t see it. From that you are concluding I think it’s a dog. 

19 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

I have to assume here that English is your second or third language as nowhere above did I say the British police definitely tested. I was replying to you who said they did not test. I said we can’t be sure of that, it could also be very likely the test was done in the U.K.  

If you said X did not happen and someone says you can’t be sure of that, it doesn’t mean the person is saying X with certainty did happen. 

To put it in children’s terms, you are suggesting that an animal is a cat. I’m saying we can’t know that because we can’t see it. From that you are concluding I think it’s a dog. 

You said it’s very likely which would put you in the ‘you think the British tested for semen’. I never said you said ‘definitely’. Don’t misrepresent people’s posts. 

Now we can all finally agree that we don’t know if the British police tested for semen or not. Some think yes. Some think no. None of us knows for sure cos the British police haven’t said anything even close to the effect that they have. 

If you think the British police did the tests, own it. I certainly have with assertion that they haven’t. 

Now we all agree that we don’t know for sure. Let’s all move forward with honest dialogue. The British police have never once stated they tested for semen, so saying ‘yes, they did’ or ‘no, they didn’t’ is nothing more than an opinion. 

Archived