Koh Tao rape claim dismissed by Thai police, citing lack of evidence and no DNA

webfact

3 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

yawn....you keep bangin on and on, there is a good possibility that the police have shared any information between themselves, the post above is a perfectly reasonable theory...or do you think they should have posted here so TV detectives were able to see the results. maybe you should give them a call, tell them you're a disgruntled Tv member and demand the info yourself, i'm sure they'll jump to it

Just simply state they tested it and found no semen. Why is that so unreasonable? The Thai police did it. 

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rkidlad said:

They have never once stated they tested the t-shirt and found anything. After the whole 2014 shitshow you think the UK police might wanna be more proactive in helping make a case against one of their own more credible. They haven’t.

Stop giving assumptions and simply point to where they said they’ve tested it. They haven’t. 

Don't you understand??????

The UK police would never make a statement, either saying they have or have not completed a forensic test to the general public or the media in a situation like this. It's simply out or their hands to be able to do so and they certainly wouldn't break diplomatic rules to answer a couple of posters on a forum like Thai Visa who are hiding behind anonymity and, from their posts are so vindictive against the Royal Thai Police they couldn't reach a logical conclusion if their life depended on it.

Just now, sumrit said:

Don't you understand??????

The UK police would never make a statement, either saying they have or have not completed a forensic test to the general public or the media in a situation like this. It's simply out or their hands to be able to do so and they certainly wouldn't break diplomatic rules to answer a couple of posters on a forum like Thai Visa who are hiding behind anonymity and, from their posts are so vindictive against the Royal Thai Police they couldn't reach a logical conclusion if their life depended on it.

Why can’t they say? Cos it’s not their investigation?

1 minute ago, sumrit said:

Because PROTOCOL says they CAN'T!!!!!!!

Wow! Why didn’t you use capital letters before. Now it’s so clear.

Would love to see something about how the British police can test for evidence in a case that’s out of their jurisdiction but are not allowed to disclose that they tested it. You have a link for their ‘PROTOCOL’, right? 

23 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Again, where did the UK authorities specifically state ‘they’ tested the t-shirt and didn’t find any traces of semen? 

Where did I say that the UK police said they tested the shirt and found no traces of semen?

22 hours ago, rkidlad said:

They have never once stated they tested the t-shirt and found anything. After the whole 2014 shitshow you think the UK police might wanna be more proactive in helping make a case against one of their own more credible. They haven’t.

2014 is an example of what you're arguing with the other person about. The UK police didn't announce what they had or hadn't found, they disclosed the results of their investigation only to the parents of the victims. 

17 OCT 2018

"British police also handed over a T-shirt the 19 year old woman wore on June 25, the day of the alleged attack, and forensic tests found the DNA of a woman and a man but no trace of the attacker’s semen, as she claimed. It was not explained, nor was the question asked at the media conference, where the DNA tests were conducted or if the ‘male’ DNA had been matched."

https://thethaiger.com/news/samui/rape-never-happened-thai-police-conclude-koh-tao-probe

1 hour ago, JLCrab said:

17 OCT 2018

"British police also handed over a T-shirt the 19 year old woman wore on June 25, the day of the alleged attack, and forensic tests found the DNA of a woman and a man but no trace of the attacker’s semen, as she claimed. It was not explained, nor was the question asked at the media conference, where the DNA tests were conducted or if the ‘male’ DNA had been matched."

https://thethaiger.com/news/samui/rape-never-happened-thai-police-conclude-koh-tao-probe

Again, nothing about the UK authorities testing it. 

3 hours ago, Crash999 said:

2014 is an example of what you're arguing with the other person about. The UK police didn't announce what they had or hadn't found, they disclosed the results of their investigation only to the parents of the victims. 

2014 the police were here. Not in the UK. 

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Again, nothing about the UK authorities testing it. 

What do you mean Again? It says at the press conference nobody asked who tested it and where . So maybe the UK didn't test it and the only testing was done by the Thais in Thailand. Then one can say I guess that any testing by the Thais is totally unreliable because there could be semen-based DNA and the Thais would have no problem sating there wasn't semen-based DNA, huh?

But maybe this will all pan out because they must have been advised that, before handing the shirt over to the UK police, they should cut out a centimeter square swath of the semen contaminated area of the shirt just in case things go bonkers.

1 hour ago, JLCrab said:

What do you mean Again? It says at the press conference nobody asked who tested it and where . So maybe the UK didn't test it and the only testing was done by the Thais in Thailand. Then one can say I guess that any testing by the Thais is totally unreliable because there could be semen-based DNA and the Thais would have no problem sating there wasn't semen-based DNA, huh?

But maybe this will all pan out because they must have been advised that, before handing the shirt over to the UK police, they should cut out a centimeter square swath of the semen contaminated area of the shirt just in case things go bonkers.

Now we’re cooking with gas. 

Absolutely nowhere was it stated the British police conducted any semen test. People were being deliberately misleading by vitriolically assuming they must have cos they had possession of the t-shirt. They had possession of the t-shirt because it was potential evidence in a rape allegation. That’s all. There’s zero reason the British police to test the t-shirt. It’s not their investigation. 

Now maybe some members will stop declaring the British tested it. We don’t know that and saying they did is misleading.

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

There’s zero reason the British police to test the t-shirt. It’s not their investigation. 

Then again, the British police could've said:

"It's not our investigation so why are you giving the t-shirt to us?" 

31 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Then again, the British police could've said:

"It's not our investigation so why are you giving the t-shirt to us?" 

Because it needed to be kept somewhere safely. Who better to keep hold of evidence than the police. And the police in the UK would never refuse to safekeep evidence until the Thai police collect it. They’re not spoilt 10 years olds. 

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Because it needed to be kept somewhere safely. Who better to keep hold of evidence than the police. And the police in the UK would never refuse to safekeep evidence until the Thai police collect it. They’re not spoilt 10 years olds. 

Oh. 

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

as much as you choose to ignore it, the case and thread have fizzled out and come to an end, its only you trying to keep it going now, 

6 hours ago, frank83628 said:

as much as you choose to ignore it, the case and thread have fizzled out and come to an end, its only you trying to keep it going now, 

Ok, so stop stating or trying to imply the British authorities tested the t-shirt themselves and found no semen.. Nowhere is that written or at all mentioned.

2 hours ago, Crash999 said:

No, that’s not what I said either. I was replying to your post but it seems you’ve gotten confused. 

You wanted me to refer to a quote where you said/implied/assumed the British authorities tested the t-shirt and found no semen. I can’t be bothered to read back through your posts. So it would be easier for you to simply state what you think the British authorities did with the t-shirt. So again, I’m asking a simple question, “Do you think the British police tested the t-shirt for semen?” 

The british authorities never said they tested the t-shirt. I think members like yourself, JLCrab and Frank83628 can stop trying to debate this with me. It’s written nowhere that they did. 

No, that’s not what I said either. I was replying to your post but it seems you’ve gotten confused. 

You wanted me to refer to a quote where you said/implied/assumed the British authorities tested the t-shirt and found no semen. I can’t be bothered to read back through your posts. So it would be easier for you to simply state what you think the British authorities did with the t-shirt. So again, I’m asking a simple question, “Do you think the British police tested the t-shirt for semen?” 

The british authorities never said they tested the t-shirt. I think members like yourself, JLCrab and Frank83628 can stop trying to debate this with me. It’s written nowhere that they did. 

Who knew the U.K. police also served as a storage unit for alleged evidence in crimes of other jurisdictions. 

A British national walks into a British police station and says she was raped in another sovereign nation. She explains the story to them and informs them she has a t-shirt with what she thinks is the semen of the alleged rapist. 

Now, like you said, this is a crime in someone else’s jurisdiction. The British police have zero authority to test this t-shirt for anything. It would be unprofessional/unethical/not within their rights to do so and could seriously damage any case going forward. The British police contact the Thai police and explain the story. They explain how they have a t-shirt that might be evidence in the case. So, what do you think the best course of action is here? Have the girl take the t-shirt home until the Thai police can come and collect it? Or have the British police keep this t-shirt in their secure evidence lock-up until the Thai police can come and collect it?

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

The british authorities never said they tested the t-shirt. And they never said they didn't.

I think members like yourself, JLCrab and Frank83628 can stop trying to debate this with me. It’s written nowhere that they did. Likewise it's written nowhere that they didn't forensically test the Teeshirt either. 

I think the only way you're going to get an answer is to ask the family, the UK police ARE likely to have told them. And, with the attitude of the mother so far, I'm sure she would be only too happy to answer your question ............ unless of course the answer goes against her daughter's story and the answer you want to hear.

4 minutes ago, sumrit said:

I think the only way you're going to get an answer is to ask the family, the UK police ARE likely to have told them. And, with the attitude of the mother so far, I'm sure she would be only too happy to answer your question ............ unless of course the answer goes against her daughter's story and the answer you want to hear.

I won’t be asking anyone. No one has stated the British police tested the t-shirt. The British authorities don’t have any jurisdiction to test the t-shirt. 

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

I won’t be asking anyone. No one has stated the British police tested the t-shirt. The British authorities don’t have any jurisdiction to test the t-shirt. 

Well, you know the system prevents UK police from answering that question publicly, even if they wanted to, so if you won't ask the family, who can give you the answer, just shut up about it then. 

14 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Well, you know the system prevents UK police from answering that question publicly, even if they wanted to, so if you won't ask the family, who can give you the answer, just shut up about it then. 

Shut up about what? That the UK authories haven’t stated anything. This is true. Please feel free to source otherwise. 

As for the British police not being allowed to answer a question on whether they tested it, it’s you stating that as fact. I don’t believe that to be true. So do the honorable thing and show proof they can’t answer about testing the seman. You can’t. That’s your opinion. 

Archived