What you need to apply for another 1 year extension of stay based on marriage

Problem is the visa ended on the 14th of this month but when I did online report it said to do a 90 day report before the 26th oct which I didn’t understand. So now I’m on 3 day overstay will this affect things?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You appear to be mixing up 90-day reporting and annual extensions of stay, which are 2 quite separate processes. Since it is your latest marriage extension which, I assume, expired on 14th October (meaning that you are now on overstay), you would, I think, be strongly advised to hot-foot it to Savannakhet for a fresh multi-entry non-O visa for marriage and pay the overstay fine (500 THB per day) when exiting Thailand.

After you have obtained this new visa, you won't have to worry your little head about 90-day reporting for the next 12 months at least since you will need to do border runs every 90 days until the visa expires in any event.

With OJAS on this and the OP's latest marriage extension is now irrevocably as dead as the visa that once enabled it. Tout de suite to Savannakhet as advised unless the OP is happy to do whatever it takes to get the Non-O in his home country which regardless of the hemispheres would mean sh!t weather at this time of year. Non-O's for marriage in the other regional cities can be a bit more of a chore but my friend recently obtained one quite easily from the RTE in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

• Like 1

Hi yes

Went to imm yesterday paid 2k for 4 day overstay but because I didn’t have proof of income letter from my embassy they wouldn’t do I paid 1900 baht for a 60 day extension. Didn’t realize u needed a new proof of income letter every year you apply

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

31 minutes ago, stevymac said:

They also said this would be the last time I get a 60 day extension as they said I now know what documents to bring.

It is not really because you know what is needed now since you can only do one 60 day extension per entry. In the case of an extension that is the entry you did from a visa that you extended. A entry using a re-entry permit does not count as a new entry. 

54 minutes ago, stevymac said:

Just seen a thread that even if you have Uk embassy proof of income letter the Thai immigration still do not accept it. Is this true????

Immigration can always ask for supporting documentation of incomes, as reported on an Embassy-Letter.  The Embassy Letter is the primary evidence, and required in all cases (per current reports).  I would always bring supplementary evidence to back up an Embassy Letter, if applying for an annual extension based on income (or combination bank + income).

The British Embassy has announced an end to providing income-letters, blaming Thai Immigration for requiring "verification" of the documents provided to obtain the letter - which could be what the fuss over that concerns.  This is likely caused/part-of (in my view) a national policy of scaling down services to their citizens abroad. 

When extending a marriage visa, how many days do you apply for? It appears for last year, it was extended by 30 days and then got the year. This was done by a lawyer but I am going to do this year myself (Brave, I know).

22 minutes ago, BKKMG said:

When extending a marriage visa, how many days do you apply for? It appears for last year, it was extended by 30 days and then got the year. This was done by a lawyer but I am going to do this year myself (Brave, I know).

There are 2 extensions possible for a foreigner legally-married to a Thai.  Both require the Thai-spouse come to immigration with the foreigner for the application.  Either can be applied-for starting 30 days before their current extension expires (some offices permit applying further ahead).

One is a 60-day "visit wife" extension, which can be added to another extension OR any type of Visa-entry (including Tourist Visa and Visa-Exempt), provided this has not been done since the last new-entry to the country.  No financials are required for this.

The other is an "annual" 1-year extension, which can be applied to a Non-O permitted stay (not a Tourist entry), which does involve proving financials (unless an agent is used).  It would seem this is what you are referring to, as it involves a 30-day "approval" period, and other things (varying by office), such as bringing witnesses to the relationship to immigration, and a home-visit by police to verify one really lives where they say they did.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BKKMG said:

You apply for a one year extension of stay. When your application is accepted you are given a under consideration stamp that has a report back date 30 days from that day or from the end of your current permit to stay. You then go back on the report back date to have the one year extension stamp done.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevymac said:

So now I’m on a 60 day extension what’s the earliest and latest I can go back to apply for the 1 year extension?

A one-year extension can be applied-for starting 30 days before your current extension expires (some offices permit applying further ahead).

Note - not applicable to the OP, but for others who read this: This assumes the person on a 60-day extension was not an extension of a Tourist-type entry. 

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevymac said:

So now I’m on a 60 day extension what’s the earliest and latest I can go back to apply for the 1 year extension?

You can apply up to 30 days before the end of the 60 days to the end of it. There is no minimum number of days.

As a caveat to the requirements for the extension (405,000 BHT showing), I should add that an updated bank book (Monday), letter confirming funds (Monday) from the Banks head office along with a statement dated same day as application is STILL not enough proof. I have to return tomorrow and deposit 100 Baht in the morning and then update the book again. Sigh... 

P.S. I haven't made a fuss with them as I am fully aware that it is as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle

19 hours ago, BKKMG said:

As a caveat to the requirements for the extension (405,000 BHT showing), I should add that an updated bank book (Monday), letter confirming funds (Monday) from the Banks head office along with a statement dated same day as application is STILL not enough proof. I have to return tomorrow and deposit 100 Baht in the morning and then update the book again. Sigh... 

P.S. I haven't made a fuss with them as I am fully aware that it is as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle

What Immigration Office are you using>