Non​ o​ extension

Yes.

You can extend any of your 90 day permits to stay by 60 days (if you’re the spouse or parent of a Thai); or by 1 year if you’re the spouse or parent of a Thai, or you're over 50, or for other qualifying reasons.

So i go to extend with all the correct paperworkad they say i need my wife there for a photo.

I explain my wife and daughters are sick but he says she needs to come.

I said i dont think they can come Today and my visa runs out Today.

Have to Overstay then he replies????????????

2 minutes ago, Mooner said:

So i go to extend with all the correct paperworkad they say i need my wife there for a photo.

That is a normal requirement. 

3 minutes ago, Mooner said:

Have to Overstay then he replies

Go on Monday, pay, pay a fine of 1500 baht for 3 days of overstay and apply for the extension. If not on Monday it would be 5 days since immigration is closed on Tuesday for a holiday.

Perhaps try to get there again today with your wife. 

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is a normal requirement. 

Go on Monday, pay, pay a fine of 1500 baht for 3 days of overstay and apply for the extension. If not on Monday it would be 5 days since immigration is closed on Tuesday for a holiday.

Perhaps try to get there again today with your wife. 

Not mentioned online or by any of the replies here.

23 minutes ago, Mooner said:

It has been mentioned in many topics and posts on this forum.

She has to be with you as proof of this requirement as mentioned in the police order and the immigration website.

"(2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto."

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_24

13 minutes ago, Mooner said:

She wasnt with me in Savanakhet to get the visa but needs to be to extend.

Classic Thai logic

Nothing illogical.

You apply for a visa, usually in your home country, to visit/stay with your wife who lives in Thailand. It would be madness to expect the wife to be with you to apply for the visa.

Once in the country you can apply to extend your stay, but they will only do that if you have a genuine marriage and live together. Insisting your wife is with you when you apply is part of demonstrating it’s a genuine marriage.

If you got a letter from a doctor to say your wife can’t attend they might process it without her, especially if it’s a renewal.

1 hour ago, Mooner said:

Had you asked for details of what’s required we’d of told you, but it’s mentioned hundreds of times on this forum alone.

Whenever possible it is best to visit your local office before applying for any extension to find out exactly what’s required.

7 hours ago, elviajero said:

Had you asked for details of what’s required we’d of told you, but it’s mentioned hundreds of times on this forum alone.

Whenever possible it is best to visit your local office before applying for any extension to find out exactly what’s required.

I looked on several websites andnothing was mentioned about my wife being present. Called 3 times didnt pick up the phone

1 minute ago, Mooner said:

I looked on several websites andnothing was mentioned about my wife being present. Called 3 times didnt pick up the phone

You are looking at the wrong websites.

Stay here and you wont go far wrong.

7 hours ago, elviajero said:

Nothing illogical.

You apply for a visa, usually in your home country, to visit/stay with your wife who lives in Thailand. It would be madness to expect the wife to be with you to apply for the visa.

Once in the country you can apply to extend your stay, but they will only do that if you have a genuine marriage and live together. Insisting your wife is with you when you apply is part of demonstrating it’s a genuine marriage.

If you got a letter from a doctor to say your wife can’t attend they might process it without her, especially if it’s a renewal.

My wife went to the doctor that morning(sick the night before) and was back at home when i called. (2hrs away)

Official refused to speak to her. Even accepting to speak to her and explaining protocol would of been respectful and show some customer service skills.

So upon my return on Monday I handed in my application and sat patiently. 

It was busy so had a long wait. My child was still feeling a little under the weather and wanted to walk around the office(just started) which was amusing to the other applicants. 

After 2 hrs I'm called to the counter. Paperwork checked and payed 1900 baht. 

Photo taken of Me on the desktop camera(same protocol as tourist visa extension) 

Sat down and called back 10 mins later. Visa approved and sent on my way. 

One positive thing is I wasn't charged overstay. So I wasn't charged any money and they didn't take any photos of my wife only me which begs the question <deleted> didn't they just give me the extension on Friday rather than make me come back for no reason?