“I’ve been an idiot”, says Briton facing ten years in jail for Chiang Mai graffiti

rooster59

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, roo860 said:

I'm suprised the family didn't blame it on Brexit as well as the Government.

The mother did  "We live hand-to-mouth with what's going on in this country with this government"

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Stick him on his Sunday flight and kick his ass on the way out .

The wall isnt that significant and just 30 years old and it was cleansed off

Send him home with a clip around the ear 

Better idea.  Drag him and his...friend...to Saturday Night Muay Thai and give them both a choice - fight a match and board your plane the next morning, or go to jail.  That would be 'justice served' imho.  And a creative punishment that would deter future morons from picking up a can of spray paint with the intent of doing something stupid. 

31 minutes ago, Tailwagsdog said:

They treat authority with contempt at home and when they get caught as an adult in a foreign country its a different story, do a month in the bangkok hilton then kick him home. Grow up you idiot.

Yep, simply no deterrents in the UK anymore for "this sort" of behaviour.

7 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

If the family are living hand to mouth where did this guy get the money to come to Thailand? It sounds like his family could have been better helped with the money that he spent on this ill fated trip.

I'm  pretty sure they'll be getting "benefit" in the UK.

7 hours ago, vogie said:

Britneys mother said "its the first time she has been in trouble in her life" translates as first time shes been caught.

You forgot that there are two t’s in Brittney , unlike Britney I do not think she has access to a stylist? 

12 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Works as an excuse for Thais so case dismissed  500baht.

To be honest- I cannot imagine a Thai picking up this mysterious can of spray paint ( now hands up people - has anyone seen a can of paint ( not empty) just lying there ?) 

And rushing around spraying Wat Arun , Sukothai etc etc.

So sorry just the normal boring TV response - give us a break .  

A post in which the quoted content had been altered has been removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

I love all the excuses. Family has no money but Numpty can still afford to go to Thailand and create a mess.

In the same way there has to be an exam before you are allowed to drive, there should be a program and an exam before you get a passport. That way, Numpties like this would get the message that the passport is a privelege not a right. And it would scene out those who cannot control their emotions and have to become so inebriated as to not realise what they are doing when they get a bit of bad news.

Children would have to travel on the passport of a parent or guardian, under these rules. End of. In extreme cases, an adult could travel under the guardianship of an adult in charge, for those who are not capable of travelling alone or who cannot take responsibility for their own actions.

Can someone explain to me why people are always shitting their pants when they get caught in a minor offense?

If this would happen to me, not that I spray walls unless I need to take a piss, I would just offer the police officer some money and if he doesn't accept it right away I would increase my voice and tell him to either take it or <deleted> off.

Works every time, and if it doesn't I'm sure his senior would gladly accept it.

Archived