Thousands of Hondurans in U.S.-bound migrant caravan head into Mexico

webfact

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More unsubstantiated hogwash.

Really ??   Most are coming with only the clothes on their backs or a backpack or two...Unless their pockets are full of cash,  how will they eat and live.  It takes time to find a job and housing.

4 hours ago, farcanell said:

the flags tell observers where they are coming from...where the poverty is... were the starvation and suffering is, or rather, which country of suffering they are coming from... they help “ raise socuial awareness” to their countries plight... to the plight of those left behind...  It’s a cry for help for their homeland.

My homeland has a cry for our people that are  left behind! Social awareness is taking care of American's first,not Latin America . Thousand's of American's living on the street suffering from poverty!Perhaps you aren't aware of this! Best they stay in their own countries.America gives the most,always did always will.The world has been sucking from our breast to long! 

11 hours ago, riclag said:

My homeland has a cry for our people that are  left behind! Social awareness is taking care of American's first,not Latin America . Thousand's of American's living on the street suffering from poverty!Perhaps you aren't aware of this! Best they stay in their own countries.America gives the most,always did always will.The world has been sucking from our breast to long! 

Yep.... heard about your homeless living on the streets..... you should be ashamed of your countries social welfare program dude.... I hope you do better by these new refugee immigrants, who know more about homelessness than your homeless, but unlike them, wish to work.... wish to work in your country.... and will do the jobs that your countrymen won’t

maybe it should be an election platform, because my country doesn’t have an issue anywhere near this... most of these living on the street back home, have alternatives that they choose not to take..

anyway.... aid.... so basically your wrong. China gives more aid. Sorry.

but wait... winner winner chicken dinner..... as a percentage of wealth, (or GNI, to be more precise), the US lacks way way the hell back on the list.... donating a poultry amount internationalLy

for the confused face emoji people, let me clarify..... if I donate 1 dollar of my total savings of 10 bucks ( yep, I’m a poor sucker ????), and Riglag donates 2 dollars of his 100 saved dollars, who is more generous?..... simple maths, right.

simple math shows the deception in the claims and myths about US largess

and before the sad face emoji folk start yapping about the recipients of Chinese aid.... look where US aid goes first.

US aid to your southern neighbors is not helping them... it’s too little, or targeting the wrong people ( or being redirected internally), and as such, is not stopping the rapidly developing humanitarian crisis in your sphere of influence and on your border..... 

not your (US) problem... last night I heard trump say that y’all get nothing... NOTHING, from those countries... ok... cool... desert them, but don’t complain about China stepping in, as the largest aid donors in the world.... and setting up a few naval bases... sorry... deep water facilities to offload agricultural machinery.

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Yep.... heard about your homeless living on the streets..... you should be ashamed of your countries social welfare program dude.... I hope you do better by these new refugee immigrants, who know more about homelessness than your homeless, but unlike them, wish to work.... wish to work in your country.... and will do the jobs that your countrymen won’t

So, what's your position on hoardes of illegal "refugees" arriving unwanted in a country that already has enough social problems of it's own, welcome them with open arms and tell them to keep coming?

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So, what's your position on hoardes of illegal "refugees" arriving unwanted in a country that already has enough social problems of it's own, welcome them with open arms and tell them to keep coming?

No.

prosses them according to your laws and capabilities, which is what Mexico seems to have attempted.... even if they didn’t... my opinion is still that a free and democratic country should process them according to their laws and capabilities.

re Mexico.... they seem to have been attempting to issue refugee status to “immigrants” but were simply overwhelmed.

but... Knowing that they would be, they called for UN help to managie this situation, as it was developing.... help which did not arrive.

by all means, y’all can change your laws such that you can napalm them at the border, if you want.... but until you change your laws, follow your laws.

14 minutes ago, farcanell said:

No.

prosses them according to your laws and capabilities, which is what Mexico seems to have attempted.... even if they didn’t... my opinion is still that a free and democratic country should process them according to their laws and capabilities.

re Mexico.... they seem to have been attempting to issue refugee status to “immigrants” but were simply overwhelmed.

but... Knowing that they would be, they called for UN help to managie this situation, as it was developing.... help which did not arrive.

by all means, y’all can change your laws such that you can napalm them at the border, if you want.... but until you change your laws, follow your laws.

Australia has the right idea, refuse to allow them to set foot in Australia, instead process them offshore, a lengthy process that can take years as most are cunning enough to destroy their passport from country of origin. Policy seems to be working, the boats have stopped coming, and those that remain are offered refuge in Cambodia, an offer not taken up by many strangely enough. Seems a return trip to their home country is a better alternative.

29 minutes ago, farcanell said:

maybe it should be an election platform, because my country doesn’t have an issue anywhere near this... most of these living on the street back home, have alternatives that they choose not to take..

Look's like American's are going to have to sort this out. The methods used by this force that are multiplying by the thousands  and timing are very suspicious .They were offered immigration help by the Mexican GOV but the overwhelming majority refused it.Mexican authorities blocked their attempts of moving forward by installing barriers but they tore those down! It's apparent they will be confronted not as individuals but as a force ! 

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Australia has the right idea, refuse to allow them to set foot in Australia, instead process them offshore, a lengthy process that can take years as most are cunning enough to destroy their passport from country of origin. Policy seems to be working, the boats have stopped coming, and those that remain are offered refuge in Cambodia, an offer not taken up by many strangely enough. Seems a return trip to their home country is a better alternative.

Yep... and not acting against Australian law.... go ozzy, go.

that said, Australia is paying to keep the influx at bay... paying to redirect the influx elsewhere.... something that the US could also do.

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I like the offshore method! I don't know enough about it!  Thanks for your concern 

21 minutes ago, riclag said:

Look's like American's are going to have to sort this out. The methods used by this force that are multiplying by the thousands  and timing are very suspicious .They were offered immigration help by the Mexican GOV but the overwhelming majority refused it.Mexican authorities blocked their attempts of moving forward by installing barriers but they tore those down! It's apparent they will be confronted not as individuals but as a force ! 

Yes... America will have to deal with it... and good luck, as it’s much needed because of the public awareness that’s been engendered by the whole situation.

as to “a force”.... debateable... a group, imo... but I’m not facing the potential fallout from this group.

peter the hermit, led a group of Christians into the holy land... a group, not so much as a force. It didn’t work out very well for them, but it did result in multiple “forces” following them in successive decades / centuries.... perhaps an obscure reference, but if peters mob had been dealt with less aggressively (ie... slaughtered”,) then perhaps those subsequent crusades would not have happened.

Archived