EU cannot accept temporary measure on Irish border - French minister

webfact

8 hours ago, nontabury said:

The problem was caused by politicians deceiving the people, when they transformed the ECC into the E.U. Without the explicit agreement of the people. 

Thankfully many Germans also now realise what the dictatorial Bureaucrats in Brussels have achieved.

Allthough I’m sure some remoaners on these threads, will try to discredit this persons veiws, based on what they have been fed in the controlled media.

'Thankfully many Germans also now realise what the dictatorial Bureaucrats in Brussels have achieved."

In a nation like Germany, with a population of 82,000,000, what meaning does "many" have? 

Anytime someone uses "many" in a context like this without specifying number, one's BS detector should go on full alert. 

On 10/22/2018 at 10:58 PM, Baerboxer said:

Only the majority of people in Northern Ireland want to be British not Irish.

22 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Not according to the latest opinion polling, they don't. A poll conducted in Northern Ireland in September 2018, showed "52% of those surveyed backed a united Ireland with 39% showing support for Northern Ireland staying in the UK."

The results are thought to be heavily influenced by the desire of the majority of people in Northern Ireland to remain in the EU. 

If the majority in N. Ireland would prefer to join S. Ireland, surely that's good news?

I'm pretty sure the majority in the rest of the uk would be happy to see a united Ireland - as long as this is the preference of the majority in N. Ireland?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

If the majority in N. Ireland would prefer to join S. Ireland, surely that's good news?

I'm pretty sure the majority in the rest of the uk would be happy to see a united Ireland - as long as this is the preference of the majority in N. Ireland?

Yes, Britain a whole lot better off without Ulster, I should have thought. Not so sure the South would be better off though ...

On 10/28/2018 at 1:19 PM, nontabury said:

The problem was caused by politicians deceiving the people, when they transformed the ECC into the E.U. Without the explicit agreement of the people. 

Thankfully many Germans also now realise what the dictatorial Bureaucrats in Brussels have achieved.

Allthough I’m sure some remoaners on these threads, will try to discredit this persons veiws, based on what they have been fed in the controlled media.

I agree that the EU bureaucracy has by all means to be reduced in size but they are not having the final say on any important decision such as accepting or rejecting a Brexit deal : even the smallest member state can issue a veto and they have parliaments a little closer to the people. On the other side returning to the nationalist 1930ies is also not a solution.

41 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

I agree that the EU bureaucracy has by all means to be reduced in size but they are not having the final say on any important decision such as accepting or rejecting a Brexit deal : even the smallest member state can issue a veto and they have parliaments a little closer to the people. On the other side returning to the nationalist 1930ies is also not a solution.

As for size of the burocracy, Wikipedia tells me:

As at the end of March 2016 there were 418,343 civil servants in the Home Civil Service, this is down 3.6% on the previous year.[5]

There are two other administratively separate civil services in the United Kingdom. One is for Northern Ireland (the Northern Ireland Civil Service); the other is the foreign service (Her Majesty's Diplomatic Service). 

According to the EU, there were 46,356 people - in 2015 - employed across all EU-institutions, agencies and bodies.

Looks like there is a lot more to gain from reducing the size of a country’s national burocracy than from reducing the number of EU-staff.............

Edited by damascase
  • Like 1