Jump to content

PM Prayut wields spade for National Tree Care Day


webfact

Recommended Posts

PM wields spade for National Tree Care Day

By The Nation

 

af855b2cbfd5bb67f4bcddcb0d3f0b87.jpeg

 

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha and members of his Cabinet planted nine Siamese rosewood saplings in the Government House compound in Bangkok on Monday to mark National Tree Care Day.

 

In a buoyant mood and humming the melody to Thongchai “Bird” McIntyre’s popular song “Dton Mai Kaung Por” (Father’s Tree), the premier instructed state officials to set a good example for the public by nurturing trees.

 

The day was designated in 1990 to raise public awareness about the importance of forests.

 

October 21 was chosen because it was the birthday of Her Royal Highness the late Princess Mother Srinagarindra, mother of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30356923

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-22
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Darcula said:

He truly is the ace of spades.

Absolutely.

Here he was last year - centre stage of course - doing more digging for the Thai-China railway:

Perhaps he intends it to go via Australia?

image.png.3d1a02dc186cc7bb4d88bca1a136a3b0.png

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1016957-construction-bids-for-high-speed-train-project-in-coordination-with-china-to-be-completed-in-2018/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually put old togs on when doing a bit of gardening not a military uniform .. And what's with the uniform anyway , thought he'd left all that behind to make himself P M ( acting ) .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

I usually put old togs on when doing a bit of gardening not a military uniform .. And what's with the uniform anyway , thought he'd left all that behind to make himself P M ( acting ) .. 

Today being monday, he is wearing the government uniform, not military uniform.

Having his photo taken, after Somchai has dug the hole and placed the earth ready to go back in,so Ole Prayut dont break sweat doing anything manual.:cheesy:😱

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Today being monday, he is wearing the government uniform, not military uniform.

Having his photo taken, after Somchai has dug the hole and placed the earth ready to go back in,so Ole Prayut dont break sweat doing anything manual.:cheesy:😱

Ahh right Gotcha Col' .. Threw me abit as it looks a bit military to me .. So if he wears that ona Monday to do a bit of gardening what day does he appear in Panto with No2 ...

IMG_20181022_070154.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally doing something somewhat constructive after the pet registration debacle.  Trees are important, but elephants are better at planting trees than humans or coup leaders.  A tree strategy goes hand in hand with animals, clean air and clean water. Without a comprehensive and inclusive plan, it is like wasting four good years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Load of bs. Logging trucks arent stopping. Still burning forests where i am, making charcoal illegally and selling illegally. My wife is the only person here growing plants. All others are stolen or burnt or sprayed with whopping loads of chemicals that by the looks of the gov veiw on such only affect people. Not thais! Well, the pm should pay my street a vist. Just a couple houses and someone dropping weekly and they are so brain dead from all the smoke pollution, chemicals and brainwashing that they have no fn idea and cant even comprehend the scope of human rights abuses that these people themselves are attributing to. Great way to care for the enviroment you douche by doing nothing at all that matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Ahh right Gotcha Col' .. Threw me abit as it looks a bit military to me .. So if he wears that ona Monday to do a bit of gardening what day does he appear in Panto with No2 ...

IMG_20181022_070154.jpg

I see Moe and Curly but where is Larry?

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Absolutely.

Here he was last year - centre stage of course - doing more digging for the Thai-China railway:

Perhaps he intends it to go via Australia?

image.png.3d1a02dc186cc7bb4d88bca1a136a3b0.png

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1016957-construction-bids-for-high-speed-train-project-in-coordination-with-china-to-be-completed-in-2018/

 

That was the kiss of death for that non project

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Ahh right Gotcha Col' .. Threw me abit as it looks a bit military to me .. So if he wears that ona Monday to do a bit of gardening what day does he appear in Panto with No2 ...

IMG_20181022_070154.jpg

 

 

Fanstasy.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

That was the kiss of death for that non project

I thought so too, for ages, until I realised it's only the bidding that's going to be completed by the end of this year.

Mind you, it's going to need the PM's superhuman powers he possesses, for him to dig the entire length and lay the tracks himself too, to get it completed in no more than three years:

 

"Arkhom said a total of 13 construction contracts for the Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima route would be open for bidding in 2018 so that construction could be completed and the system become operational in 2021."

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I thought so too, for ages, until I realised it's only the bidding that's going to be completed by the end of this year.

Mind you, it's going to need the PM's superhuman powers he possesses, for him to dig the entire length and lay the tracks himself too, to get it completed in no more than three years:

 

"Arkhom said a total of 13 construction contracts for the Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima route would be open for bidding in 2018 so that construction could be completed and the system become operational in 2021."

They may start tendering at that time but the political situation is too fluid for anyone to sign a contract. Most of Malaysia's planned infrastructure project are under review or canceled after a change of PM .The East coast line from China down for to Johor and on to Singapore has been cancelled

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...