Upholstry Shops In Isaan

utapaortnab

Howdy,

About 15 months ago I bought a lazyboy chair in Pattaya Beach and had it shipped to Chiayaphum. It was covered in leather (or some kind of plastic fake leather) or whatever, but whatever the covering, it could NOT take the very high temperatures that are ever present in our giant living room at the house (we DO NOT have air conditioning in this room, only using floor fans for cooling).

Anyhow, B4 the lazyboy chair was even a year old, the fabric started 'blistering" and then tearing and now it is a pitiful mess.

I'd like to have it recovered in fabric, NOT leather, somewhere in Chiayaphum, Korat, or Khon Kaen or other location within easy reach of Chiayaphum.

Problem is, no one has been able to advise me of where a reliable upholstry shop is in Isaan.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Bower

Chiayaphum Thailand

[email protected]

Hi Ken

This may not appear to be a serious suggestion on the face of it.... but it is.

The lady I use to "custom fit" my jeans/shirts/ et al ... is a master seamstress (not on paper) ... if I needed a job like the one you are proposing doing, I would not hesitate to take it to her.

I doubt that she is the only person in Isaan that can handle this task, there are probably a couple in each town, furniture shops sell furniture, that's all....... look for places that do alterations to cloth, if Lat doesn't know any off the top of her head, her friends and family will, probably within a 5km radius :o

Start looking around where you live for these guys that do car upolstry. Every town seems to have a shop or two and if you check out their work you should be able to pick out out a good one. They have the heavy sewing machines and experiance to get the job done. The big question is where you will find materials to cover it and how much material you will need. I would try to get some ideas on how many meters of material on the internet and you could look around the material markets in Bangkok in Indian town which is the area across the klong and west of China town around the Merrie King department store.

For sure if you spent the morning looking around Udon you could get it done. You can find materials there to but will have less selection. Just be picky about who you choose and get one price for the work.